Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2020, 09:53 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:

That's because to be honest with you I worked with one of those companies for three and a half years and there is a huge amount of corporate support as well as training and supplies. Those type of stores have everything come down from corporate. And corporate is very afraid of doing anything that upsets the federal or state or local governments. There also more support in terms of logistics offering space to local governments. Take a look at the hurricane response of any major hurricane over the past 15 years and see who actually supported operations.

The reason why churches were largely shut down is because you literally get into situations where people put Wafers into each other's mouths and social distancing is impossible in a confession booth let alone when the collection plate goes around. In some communities where they English language the second language there have been gatherings in a religious buildings which have contributed to Extended outbreaks.

The other thing to consider with the coronavirus is that the back tracing is much harder to do with smaller groups than it is with large employers. Remember the Scandal at Chipotle Grill years ago? Their supply chain management had to go back on every single ingredient and see what the process was from the source to the customer and find out who didn't wash their hands or who didn't sanitize something properly.

One of the biggest things I got out of working in retail with just a sheer number of reports that we would constantly turn out. Sales by our type, customer count, sales by assortment, Inventory management, Massachusetts price detail, Inventory management report cycle counts for highly stolen items one Etc the reports provide detail and future actions and that's what the government wants to see is how company response in terms of not just policies but the actual accuracy and reliability.

This isn't to say that smaller businesses can't do these things but it's much harder to gauge that since many of them are not publicly traded or might not have Staffing to show reports. Is it the type of employer we have two people call out sick they act like it's World War 3 or the type of place that they could take 5, 10,
20 people out and still be fine?
For argument sake let’s say your right. We’ll never eradicate the virus it’ll be with us forever. And let’s say they never come out with a vaccine. Are you then proposing that millions of small businesses like myself stay closed forever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 09:54 AM

23,542 posts, read 18,687,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
What's impressive about Soros is that somehow he can puppeteer entirety of global governments with a measly 8 billion, despite strong counter political investments from the likes of Koch, Uihlein, Adelson, Singer, etc.

The man sure is extracting maximum political impact from his capital. /s
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It's amazing. He funds everything, yet not a single person I know in the activist community has seen a penny. Truly a magical man.
Last time I looked he was around $20b, and outspending the Koch brothers. To deny his influence overall, doesn't hold much ground.

Old 05-20-2020, 09:54 AM

15,794 posts, read 20,487,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
It's hard to say without knowing what kind of small business you are talking about. Those services deemed essential ie. plumbing, HVAC, electrical...can all be performed.
My neighbor's had various contractors in and out of their home for the last 2 weeks. I had a carpenter in my house yesterday to look at a job. Plenty of my electrical buddies are working now inside people's homes.

Old 05-20-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
For argument sake let’s say your right. We’ll never eradicate the virus it’ll be with us forever. And let’s say they never come out with a vaccine. Are you then proposing that millions of small businesses like myself stay closed forever?
Nobody is saying that.

Old 05-20-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:

What do you propose as the motivation for the conspiracy that you are alleging is going on? And there are similar restrictions in most other states - do they all have their own conspiracies, or is this one big conspiracy being orchestrated by George Soros, Greta Thunberg, and Martians?
I don’t think martians are as evil and diabolical as soros, thunberg and liberals!

Old 05-20-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
My neighbor's had various contractors in and out of their home for the last 2 weeks. I had a carpenter in my house yesterday to look at a job. Plenty of my electrical buddies are working now inside people's homes.
Of course they are.

Old 05-20-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:

Nobody is saying that.
Really...you prolong this shutdown and small businesses will be gone forever!

Old 05-20-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Really...you prolong this shutdown and small businesses will be gone forever!
And you think no small businesses would have been ruined, had we allowed an Italy-like situation here? Or let's say we allow everything to re-open too soon, only to see a new spike and have everything shut down again for another 2 months? That could easily wreck more businesses. There's no good answer here man...

Old 05-20-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:

And you think no small businesses would have been ruined, had we allowed an Italy-like situation here? Or let's say we allow everything to re-open too soon, only to see a new spike and have everything shut down again for another 2 months? That could easily wreck more businesses. There's no good answer here man...

How come Sweden never shut down and they still survived...

Old 05-20-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
How come Sweden never shut down and they still survived...
It's already been covered here the structural and cultural differences between them and places like Italy and the USA, but let's just say it's far from over there either:

https://www.businessinsider.com/swed...-report-2020-5

Sweden recorded the most coronavirus deaths in Europe per capita over the past week, according to Oxford data
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts