Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2020, 12:19 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
If my options are lose my job or keep my job with temporary salary freeze and temporarily suspend retirement contributions I pick keep my job all day long. Hopefully that is all it takes for them to not let a bunch of people go. Many companies are making similar moves.
True.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 12:19 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I met that guy who will NOT wear a mask. So sue me he said. He was the manager of the liquor store, or acted like one, where I went to get some wine. With a mask around his neck he was ranting. I was already in line with the bottle in my hand. I looked at the two women who seemed like employees, one wearing the way it should be, the other one kind of tugging it on and off and looking apologetic. NO plastic shield at the check out.
I paid for my wine and left quickly.
There should be a way to bring this store to comply. He was putting both customers and employees in danger and being belligerent about it. While other stores are complying why should he be allowed to do this.
This was in Tewksbury.

Really at that point, you just put the wine down and leave.

It's the same thing with stores that deny you access if you don't wear a mask. Their policy and they can deny access. On the flipside, you are free to take your business elsewhere if you don't agree with a store's policy.

Old 05-20-2020, 12:42 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
I met that guy who will NOT wear a mask. So sue me he said. He was the manager of the liquor store, or acted like one, where I went to get some wine. With a mask around his neck he was ranting. I was already in line with the bottle in my hand. I looked at the two women who seemed like employees, one wearing the way it should be, the other one kind of tugging it on and off and looking apologetic. NO plastic shield at the check out.
I paid for my wine and left quickly.
There should be a way to bring this store to comply. He was putting both customers and employees in danger and being belligerent about it. While other stores are complying why should he be allowed to do this.
This was in Tewksbury.
This was a mistake, in terms of creating an incentive for this storeowner to change his behavior, but I'm sure you wanted to minimize your time spent running errands and risking additional exposure. The state came out today and said they were going to be lax in terms of enforcing and levying fines, so customers will have to vote with their feet if they want to send a message.

Old 05-20-2020, 12:43 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
The point is, conservatives paint him as THE dominant political force while meanwhile ignoring the billions in capital funneled through their think tanks, PACs, etc.

The "Soros is evil" rhetoric is deeply rooted in far-right anti-Semitic conspiracies. Yes, he has political influence along with every other billionaire in the U.S. And despite all of Soros' and Sussman's capital, the RNC continues to out fund the DNC by significant margins. "There's no there there."

Certain posters on here are deeply rooted in far-right loon circles, which is much different than you identifying as a political conservative. You're not posting inflammatory lies.
He is a jew that ratted out his neighbors to the nazi's . He admits it in interviews. He is a evil man.

he pretended to not be jewish to save his life. he turned on his own people. they asked him if he felt guilty about it and he said no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGWizajL7tA

the german occupation was the happiest time of his life!! he admits it.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 05-20-2020 at 12:55 PM..

Old 05-20-2020, 12:44 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Really at that point, you just put the wine down and leave.

It's the same thing with stores that deny you access if you don't wear a mask. Their policy and they can deny access. On the flipside, you are free to take your business elsewhere if you don't agree with a store's policy.

Many times I wished I had done that. So what is the point of other stores going to expense and trouble of complying with guidelines in order to be open and a store like this? what about the safety of the employees forced to work or not get paid?

Old 05-20-2020, 12:45 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
This was a mistake, in terms of creating an incentive for this storeowner to change his behavior, but I'm sure you wanted to minimize your time spent running errands and risking additional exposure. The state came out today and said they were going to be lax in terms of enforcing and levying fines, so customers will have to vote with their feet if they want to send a message.

What about the safety of the employees?

Old 05-20-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
what about the safety of the employees forced to work or not get paid?
That's the million dollar question.

I have a friend who was out on unemployment who worked at a dental office. Now they are setting up to go back to work. My friend doesn't want to go to work, but the options are really go back and risk contracting the virus, or not get paid.

My friend isn't high risk, but she lives at home with her 70-something year old parents to help take care of them.

Now, what do you do in that situation? One needs to work, but one also needs to protect their family from potential health risks.

It's a crappy situation all over.

Old 05-20-2020, 01:03 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Does this also include the Somerville mask cleaning station? haven't heard much more about that since it opened.

Old 05-20-2020, 01:06 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Does this also include the Somerville mask cleaning station? haven't heard much more about that since it opened.
Yep

https://www.battelle.org/newsroom/ne...-masks-per-day

Old 05-20-2020, 01:13 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
What about the safety of the employees?
Agree, this is tough. Walking out would be an indirect message to the store owner at best re: what they ought to be doing for their employees. At the risk of sounding like a Gestapo, there should be a hotline to report instances where employees may be at risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts