Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2020, 11:23 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Considerably more plausible than most on here, ala the Chinese made and released this in China to scuttle Trump's reelection.

I think it's plausible that it accidentally escaped from a Wuhan lab. Not that we'll ever know if that's what happened and not that it would change anything. Look at how the CDC botched the first test kit fabrication. It's humans who make errors. It probably came from a wet market but who knows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 11:34 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
https://www.universalhub.com/2020/bo...tions-employee

BU announces they are eliminating employee retirement contributions, this to go with a salary freeze announced earlier.
Wow that’s crappy

Old 05-20-2020, 11:37 AM

12,432 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
No, but we can choose the safest path. If you're a small-business owner, inspiration struck you once. Let it strike you again. I know many who have restructured what they do to meet our current situation.

Stop blaming others. Pick yourself up by your bootstraps. Does that sound like something you'd say before March?
For what it's worth, I have been able to buy striper lures and get my reel spooled at a tackle store last week. I couldn't go inside, mind you, had to call in my order and do "curbside delivery", but we made it work.

NO ONE is liking this mitigation stuff, and I am sure this includes the governors, but that doesn't make mitigation the wrong thing to do or a conspiracy - 92,000 Americans are already dead. I really feel for those who've been hurt directly by the mitigation measures, it's been really painful collateral damage - at least now we're on a path to relaxing the restrictions.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:38 AM

12,432 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
https://www.universalhub.com/2020/bo...tions-employee

BU announces they are eliminating employee retirement contributions, this to go with a salary freeze announced earlier.
Ouch...man.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:41 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I think it's plausible that it accidentally escaped from a Wuhan lab. Not that we'll ever know if that's what happened and not that it would change anything. Look at how the CDC botched the first test kit fabrication. It's humans who make errors. It probably came from a wet market but who knows?

We don't know now. It takes time. Years. Even decades. Even with new technology that sequences genomes faster than ever, it takes time. Look how long it took to find out the number of times HIV jumped to our species before it finally took a foothold and established by the late 50s, and it then wasn't "discovered" until the 80s even though it was present far earlier. And true, the specific primate hasn't been identified. But, just saying, this research takes quite a long time.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:52 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Ouch...man.

B.U. The robber baron university, to be sure. Their tuition is remarkably high. I didn't get any money for it when I was 18, and I paid my own way for a master's when I was 33. Looking at the costs now, wow.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:54 AM

15,965 posts, read 7,027,888 times
I met that guy who will NOT wear a mask. So sue me he said. He was the manager of the liquor store, or acted like one, where I went to get some wine. With a mask around his neck he was ranting. I was already in line with the bottle in my hand. I looked at the two women who seemed like employees, one wearing the way it should be, the other one kind of tugging it on and off and looking apologetic. NO plastic shield at the check out.
I paid for my wine and left quickly.
There should be a way to bring this store to comply. He was putting both customers and employees in danger and being belligerent about it. While other stores are complying why should he be allowed to do this.
This was in Tewksbury.

Old 05-20-2020, 12:08 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
B.U. The robber baron university, to be sure. Their tuition is remarkably high. I didn't get any money for it when I was 18, and I paid my own way for a master's when I was 33. Looking at the costs now, wow.
I remember some humorous list of "top 10 reasons to attend Harvard" had "at least it's cheaper than BU".

Old 05-20-2020, 12:13 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
I remember some humorous list of "top 10 reasons to attend Harvard" had "at least it's cheaper than BU".
Good one!

Old 05-20-2020, 12:17 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,780 times
If my options are lose my job or keep my job with temporary salary freeze and temporarily suspend retirement contributions I pick keep my job all day long. Hopefully that is all it takes for them to not let a bunch of people go. Many companies are making similar moves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts