Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2020, 11:16 AM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
Thanks. He is at Westchester Medical Center and just got moved to the coronavirus floor. I can't even imagine what that's like.

Oh, I meant to mention that he's 53, as people here seem to care about the ages of those affected.
I so hope your brother can feel the good care of the staff and become well.

Many of my friends are frontline healthcare staff around Boston and I know they care very much for their patients and their work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2020, 11:27 AM

3,370 posts, read 1,538,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
I don't want to stray from the purpose of this thread, but if someone tells you exactly how to answer questions on a cult susceptibility test, and you follow their orders, haven't you proven you're the perfect candidate?

Back on topic. Just listen to scientists and doctors. And not the select few (or two) with an agenda.
USE your brain they did not tell us the answers until after we took it. i was brought to a cult and rejected it but you assume the negative .

Old 04-28-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So you are suggesting that we all go out and expose ourselves to this virus?
I am saying you should not wear masks and gloves at all times. if you are in the group who is old or has co morbidities then you should probably wear a mask.

Old 04-28-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Dude that starts when you are a toddler (if not sooner). There is zero evidence that short term usage of mask and gloves will affect your immunity. If you are a middle aged adult and have a weak immune system, it's going to take a lot more (and a lot longer) to strengthen that than simply going without PPE. And forget the fact that this is a brand new virus. It's truly mind boggling the crap some people fall for when they are desperate.
prove to me that it does not lower your immunity. if this was one week of wearing masks id say ok but we are talking about months and months of wearing masks and gloves. those doctors are right there is also a thing called good bacteria ever heard of it? if your sanitizing everything in your house your not getting exposed to the good bacteria.

Not only are you wearing gloves and masks but you are interacting with way less people and staying home and not getting introduced to new bacteria. your not seeing as many people. Just like you have to exercise your muscles you have to exercise your immune system or it gets weaker.

I think ill trust the doctors on this. I dont even need a doctor to tell me this .

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 04-28-2020 at 11:52 AM..

Old 04-28-2020, 11:55 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
USE your brain they did not tell us the answers until after we took it. i was brought to a cult and rejected it but you assume the negative .
I'm not assuming the negative. There is nothing negative about this. This story is hilarious, and I wish you would tell us more.

Old 04-28-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I'm not assuming the negative. There is nothing negative about this. This story is hilarious, and I wish you would tell us more.
Ok taking the test was when I was a kid and they gave us the test in a catholic church. they handed the test with like 10 questions on it . another question was is it important to fit into a group? and other questions like that. I am not a practicing catholic.

I was friends with someone who was involved in a cult in my early 20's . He would talk about how great it is and wanted me to come. I knew it was a cult but to shut him up i went one day. I wont give too many details on this cult because they could be dangerous. Lets just say Tom cruise is a member. I Had to sign something the first daY I went saying i would not talk about what went on in this Cult.

So I told my friend if he wanted to continue going to cult I said fine but I do not want to go again. He said "hey is someone talking bad about the cult", but he did not use the word cult obviously. I said no if you like it go I will not go. then i stopped talking to him shortly after that.

Old 04-28-2020, 12:19 PM

875 posts, read 662,987 times
Quote:
Ok taking the test was when I was a kid and they gave us the test in a catholic church. they handed the test with like 10 questions on it . another question was is it important to fit into a group? and other questions like that. I am not a practicing catholic.

I was friends with someone who was involved in a cult in my early 20's . He would talk about how great it is and wanted me to come. I knew it was a cult but to shut him up i went one day. I wont give too many details on this cult because they could be dangerous. Lets just say Tom cruise is a member. I Had to sign something the first daY I went saying i would not talk about what went on in this Cult.

So I told my friend if he wanted to continue going to cult I said fine but I do not want to go again. He said "hey is someone talking bad about the cult", but he did not use the word cult obviously. I said no if you like it go I will not go. then i stopped talking to him shortly after that.
You should have gone - you would probably be a Knight of Templar by now

Old 04-28-2020, 12:34 PM

1,362 posts, read 873,058 times
Quote:

Was it Fight Club? Because we could really use some soap right about now.

Old 04-28-2020, 12:44 PM

23,564 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Was it Fight Club? Because we could really use some soap right about now.
I would guess the Church of Scientology (hence the Tom Cruise reference).

Old 04-28-2020, 12:47 PM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
I must say, this forum sure has gotten interesting today. Where's my popcorn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts