Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2020, 05:13 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
So you wish they suffer as well??? Life is never fair.
Yes I can think of a few wealthy people who I wouldn’t mind seeing them lose some of their privileges. Sorry not sorry. I don’t wish coronavirus on anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 05:13 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Very wealthy people. I mean theyll lose money in the stock market but they have so much they won’t notice.
They are still hurt, at least temporarily until the market recovers.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:20 PM

295 posts, read 317,224 times
Quote:
Yes I can think of a few wealthy people who I wouldn’t mind seeing them lose some of their privileges. Sorry not sorry. I don’t wish coronavirus on anyone.
The wealthy people are usually our bosses. You know, the people who can fire us. If it came down to them preserving their large salaries + bonuses and laying us off our jobs, I would assume they wouldn't think twice.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:23 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times
Exactly

Old 04-01-2020, 05:23 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,138,691 times
Quote:
This is where the importance of critical thinking comes into play. Despite what you may have heard on CNN, Trump did not call it a hoax. NEVER. Speaking of propaganda...
Critical thinking is intact, thank you. While he did not literally call the virus a hoax, he implied the valid criticism and concern towards the virus was. This at a time where he was publicly stating it would disappear by April “like a miracle” and, even if it did not, J&J would have a vaccine “very rapidly” which, of course, implied something much quicker than a year+ to his precious markets and base.

You may think I’m a participant in the “left wing hysteria”, but you couldn’t be further from the truth. I’m an independent who sees a textbook con-man. His quick action on Chinese flights were valid, though the cynic in me believes xenophobia was also motivator.

No, you’re neither enlightened or a victim of the irrational left this time.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:29 PM

7,924 posts, read 7,813,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Anyone could die of anything. When I was a kid a classmate died of the flu. Someone got hit by a truck in a freak accident outside my workplace.

Should we stop all trucks? Should we homeschool children because they could die of the flu?

The death rate is tiny-- 2%

The only way anyone could justify this shutting down of the economy over 2% of mostly people over 70 is because they have a political motive to try to hurt Trump that is it. Anyone who with reason on their brain would know the ends are not justifying the means.
You are aware that no other to drive there are various forms of insurance and registration and excise taxes and emissions in order to actually have a car on the road within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

The other aspect is frankly if you are 70 or older you have to take a road test as part of Mass RMV regulations. Last year I was actually in a car accident and the person that hit me with a 72 year old that was driving on the way to eye surgery! So yes we can have standards and terms of operating.

It's a little bit incorrect to make the argument that we can leap from a virus to driving. When somebody drives and they're in the car accident they usually end up stopping. A virus can lead from person to person to person.

You have to understand that as part of a Supply Chain management most of the time people are totally unaware of the age and the health and well-being of a person at the other end. If you pick up a phone and call customer service or send an email how much do you really know about the other end?

let me ask you this you better the steel tariff that came out of the Bush Administration? Basically Harley-Davidson turned out to be 95% made in the US and the other 5% they couldn't get through the cost. You cannot sell 95% of a motorcycle as a motorcycle. It's not like there's extra capacity here to make up for some of this volume. If somebody is retired and dies from this economy loses a consumer if they're working then they're losing a taxpayer that's also performing forms of investment and labor. We already had a clamp down on immigration and the Baby Boomers are retiring left and right add many people that do retired don't come back.

Lastly is that even if you factor out emotions you have to consider even if it's an older generation on this who's to say that they aren't taking care of other people? Remember the opiate abuse is causing the elderly to take care of their grandkids. also if elderly people don't have estate planning done and this is more sudden than the state is going to end up with that excess property which will cost most taxpayers money to maintain.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:34 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
Critical thinking is intact, thank you. While he did not literally call the virus

a hoax, he implied the valid criticism and concern towards the virus was.
Judge for yourself.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...rds-coronavir/

Old 04-01-2020, 05:39 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Quote:
In times like this, I don't want to see anybody go down. The more that don't suffer economic consequences, the better. I'm afraid that number will be very low. This could be the worst since the Great Depression.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:50 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
You can’t go through life being jealous of what other people have.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:54 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,138,691 times
Quote:
I'm not discussing that vid, which I agree was an unethical edit. I'm discussing what his words implied when they were stated at his rally. Someone with good critical thinking can see the rhetoric leading up to, and within the statement, and deduce that he was trying to severely down play the impact and potential of the virus. IMO, it was dangerous and caused many vulnerable Americans to not take this pandemic seriously. Of course, pundits like Hannity furthered the gaslighting to a more dangerous level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts