Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2021, 07:15 PM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
The vaccine passports might not happen because minorities get vaccinated less. can you see a business telling black people they can not come into the store because they are not vaccinated? I am going to talk to my local legislators about this. I will bring up the race card. I am not black but it would be easier for minorities to cause problems if this was implemented.

We already have violence with the mask policies.

No but I can see a business telling somebody to leave for smoking, intoxication, not abiding by dress code or a myriad of other reasons you or I may not agree with. We have the freedom to patronize another business instead.

Not sure what your point about violence is, a violent society we have always been. We are also a society of laws, where people have the right to go about their lives safely and the law to protect them. That is why we have a justice system, to put the thugs in jail so the rest of us can go about our lives peacefully. It's just one privilege of living in a civilized, first world society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 07:19 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Your positions are so inconsistent and incorrect, I don't know where to begin. Do you realize a "vaccine passport" has been required for decades if you want to enroll your child in any public school system in the US? How is showing proof of being vaccinated or not, a violation of civil rights?

You know what's immoral? Belief systems like yours that have eschewed science & rational thought for cultish conspiracy theories, resulting in thousands upon thousands of innocent people dying over the past year (at least 400K+).
I did not cause them to die they would have died anyway. those other vaccines are not experimental for one, So its not the same comparison.

Medical procedures are only the business of you and your doctor. coercion is wrong and its definitely wrong for an experimental vaccine.

if you are vaccinated you don't have to worry about other people who are not vaccinated. It's called freedom over risk. You have to way the risk. I think it's wrong for universities to require vaccinations. Yes some people died of this virus but we have had much worse diseases and we never went to these lengths with draconian orders.

viruses spread and no amount of lockdowns or draconian measures will stop them from spreading.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I am glad you have common sense about this. It Might not even stop with vaccine records they could add other records. It's a very slippery slope. What places would they require a passport. On a plane is one thing but would it go as far as the grocery store? I can not in my mind understand how ANYone would be for vaccine passports. Some people psychologically like to be controlled.

I am against it for grocery stores or other essential services, that's one thing we can agree on. Anything non-essential where there is a hazard of spread, it's a no brainer. We need to get our country back up again, sorry but that is more important than your feelings right now.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Yes some people died of this virus but we have had much worse diseases and we never went to these lengths with draconian orders.

viruses spread and no amount of lockdowns or draconian measures will stop them from spreading.

Again, you fail at history among many other things.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
No but I can see a business telling somebody to leave for smoking, intoxication, not abiding by dress code or a myriad of other reasons you or I may not agree with. We have the freedom to patronize another business instead.

Not sure what your point about violence is, a violent society we have always been. We are also a society of laws, where people have the right to go about their lives safely and the law to protect them. That is why we have a justice system, to put the thugs in jail so the rest of us can go about our lives peacefully. It's just one privilege of living in a civilized, first world society.
About the violence maybe I am wrong but I suspect if this was implemented in grocery stores it could cause widespread violence. wearing a mask is one situation but telling someone they need proof of a vaccine to buy some groceries will tick people off way more than a mask.

I read youtube comments and other website comments and some people that align close to my political views would be very very very angry. I would not make threats but others with similar political leanings have made threats like burning down the business or trashing it. some call for civil war. maybe its all talk but I don't doubt there are many that would flip out like you have never seen.

Did you see how many violent incidents happened with the masks?

What's so hard about letting people do what they want as long as they are not breaking the law?

I believe if this was passed in Massachusetts just like the masks you will not be able to grocery shop if you do not get a vaccine. you will be a second-class citizen. asking me to put on a mask is not a big deal however annoying it is but using coercion where you will have no choice but to get the vaccine because EVERY store requires it.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:26 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
I did not cause them to die they would have died anyway. those other vaccines are not experimental for one, So its not the same comparison.

Medical procedures are only the business of you and your doctor. coercion is wrong and its definitely wrong for an experimental vaccine.
Attitudes like yours *did* result in 400K+ avoidable deaths, per numerous studies and Dr. Birx' own recent interview (you can Google it). Downplaying it, minimizing the consequences, flouting public health guidelines, you name it.

Who's coercing who? It would be private businesses deciding that the best way to pack their venues is to ask for proof of vaccination before entering. You don't wanna vax, go somewhere else. No coercion. Your illogic and extrapolation are downright bizarre.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Again, you fail at history among many other things.
so Spanish flu was not worse than this virus? they wore masks but they did not shut things down widespread as we did with covid.

so covid is the worst virus we ever had?

why were we not wearing masks during flu season on planes? the flu has been around a lot longer then covid 19.

where have I got history wrong ? you would need to explain.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Attitudes like yours *did* result in 400K+ avoidable deaths, per numerous studies and Dr. Birx' own recent interview (you can Google it). Downplaying it, minimizing the consequences, flouting public health guidelines, you name it.

Who's coercing who? It would be private businesses deciding that the best way to pack their venues is to ask for proof of vaccination before entering. You don't wanna vax, go somewhere else. No coercion. Your illogic and extrapolation are downright bizarre.
Dr atlas said the lockdowns were a big mistake. how many kids committed suicide? how many people lost their income? in Nevada 19 kids committed suicide and they had no choice but to open the schools up.

if you cant go anywhere because every business requires it would be coercion. you can not say 100 percent that it would not be asked just like the masks now. Where EVERY business requires it.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Dr atlas said the lockdowns were a big mistake. how many kids committed suicide? how many people lost their income? in Nevada 19 kids committed suicide and they had no choice but to open the schools up.

if you cant go anywhere because every business requires it would be coercion. you can not say 100 percent that it would not be asked just like the masks now. Where EVERY business requires it.
"Dr." Atlas? more like Dr. Death. Give me a break. He was against lockdowns because that's what Trump wanted. He was the advocate of letting it run rampant, which would have resulted in 2 - 3 million deaths by many estimations. And you claim that COVID numbers are made up, but can confidently attribute a handful of teen suicides to schools being closed. I think you're barking up the wrong tree here...may be better off on Parler!

Old 04-29-2021, 07:41 PM

Quote:

Good. Leaving it up to each business to decide. Isn't that how you guys like it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts