Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2020, 07:16 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
You can’t go through life being jealous of what other people have.

Well, you can. But it makes for a pretty bitter and miserable life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 07:28 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Thing is, I think the majority of this forum is far better off than most.

Old 04-01-2020, 07:29 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times
I don’t get the impression anyone here is not making ends meet.

Old 04-01-2020, 07:33 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,385,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Thing is, I think the majority of this forum is far better off than most.
You never know. And many who are better off started off in the hard part of life and you can't take that away. I hope we all know or were people who waited on tables or greet the housecleaner or for heaven's sake, know a frontline healthcare worker. (Disclaimer, I am a former waitress and worked for most of my adult life as a frontline RN.)

Old 04-01-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
You never know. And many who are better off started off in the hard part of life and you can't take that away. I hope we all know or were people who waited on tables or greet the housecleaner or for heaven's sake, know a frontline healthcare worker. (Disclaimer, I am a former waitress and worked for most of my adult life as a frontline RN.)
Absolutely, and you would think we'd all feel relatively fortunate for that reason. Anybody still employed and affording food and shelter should be thankful right now. That said, while it might not be "fair" that I have relatively stable work and others are hanging on by a thread...the latter should not want me to go down as well. I'm paying my bills, supporting the local grocery stores, ordering take-out when I can, donating where I can. All stuff that helps sustain what's remaining. We are in this together, having us turn against each other because one has "more" is in the enemy's plan.

Old 04-01-2020, 07:55 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,385,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Absolutely, and you would think we'd all feel relatively fortunate for that reason. Anybody still employed and affording food and shelter should be thankful right now. ...
Absolutely. I'm on my retirement income (no holdings in stock market and am doing okay and have done what I can to support local business, help unemployed people/food bank/gift certs. I am hardly flying high but am stable and appreciate that. I told my tenant that we just have to focus on rent (at cost to me, no profit), utilities, food and keeping a safe car on the road so her husband can get to the mine for his job as a custodian. Not flying high but stable.

Old 04-01-2020, 08:00 PM

17,736 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
But the reality is that the death rate it tiny. 2% for mostly old people anyway. The rest of us should not have to suffer. Their time is up. It is just more ignoring nature. This is why nature sends around these viruses. To take out the old and infirm.
I can't believe what I'm reading.

What's your story, Arya Stark? Are you broke?

Old 04-01-2020, 08:05 PM

17,736 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Back to driving into what so many out of state dopes call on the PVD board the "ghetto" to give food to people that are actually hungry and fighting to stay in their homes. You know, people that are actually hurting.
How many times are you going to mention this? Until you get the pat on the back you're so desperately looking for?

Old 04-01-2020, 08:07 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I can't believe what I'm reading.

What's your story, Arya Stark? Are you broke?
I don’t agree that it’s ok that a virus just takes someone’s life and we should be ok with it and do nothing. But we do kind of do nothing when it’s flu and cold season for these older people. They die of flu and pneumonia all the time. I think the point is why are we doing so much for coronavirus. If I had a parent who’d been killed by the flu I’d probably be pretty pissed right now that there lives weren’t deemed just as important as all these lives were trying to save now.

Old 04-01-2020, 08:09 PM

Are people really still comparing this to the flu??? Unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts