Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2020, 04:47 PM

1,803 posts, read 1,240,727 times

Advertisements

Still think waiting till 70 for SS makes sense? Oh, right, you’re gonna live till 95, even if it means being holed up in a 900 sq ft house in East bum**** for the rest of your life. Ha ha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 05:50 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,415,487 times
Massachusetts reports 1,228 new coronavirus cases and 32 new deaths.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/coronavi...atest-updates/

I think that brings us to 8966 cases and 154 deaths. It wasn't so long ago that I was thinking "Gee, the numbers are going up, maybe we'll hit a hundred soon." Now look. And look again in a couple of weeks time.

Last edited by Amontillado; 04-02-2020 at 05:59 PM..

Old 04-02-2020, 06:03 PM

636 posts, read 706,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
Ah yes, let’s leverage a legitimate health crisis, in which people are dying, to lobby your anti-reefer position. Have you no shame?
I have absolutely no anxiety during this crisis.
A lifelong of avoiding/depending on mind drugs has paid off.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:45 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
And apparently no vocabulary, if you think shame is synonymous with anxiety.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:00 PM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Well it looks like nursing homes are the main cluster of this. The Holyoke Old Soldiers home was just the start

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/...-nursing-home/

maybe I might get flack on this but...If you know someone that is about 80 years or older and currently living in a nursing home I'd highly recommend getting in contact with them. Longevity by itself is about 78. There's something in this that is really making it grow like wildfire when the elderly are together.

As bad as it sounds I'm a bit thankful that my grandparents have already passed. I recently lost my paternal grandmother but there's no way she could have beat this. I'd encourage people to look at wills and trusts and healthcare proxies.

I don't know if nursing homes are going to be around after this. After this might be housing authorities but so far there's been no reporting that specific.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:16 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
Quote:
Anxiety is a perfectly natural reaction to a global pandemic that is killing thousands and leaving millions unemployed. I suspect those without some anxiety are probably using the strongest mind drugs.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:27 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,139,335 times
Quote:
Really? So do you see this crisis as being more or less significant than the "2019 Brocktonian Raid of Easton"? You seemed pretty shook by that so I imagine a real tangible global threat might cause your collar to tighten.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:47 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
I think it was known that nursing homes were going to bear the brunt of this for months after watching what happened in Washington. Kind of wonder why more wasn’t done in MA

Part of the problem is that when it hits nursing homes hospitals don’t want the infected patients. It sad because it must be getting brought in by the workers. I think they shut down visitors. Now the hell are these people working at nursing homes still so damn susceptible to it?

My brother used to work with a woman who died of this. Sad. She was in her 50s.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:59 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I think it was known that nursing homes were going to bear the brunt of this for months after watching what happened in Washington.
5 of the 12 total deaths in RI are nursing home related. And one of the nursing homes there has 45 current cases.

Quote:
It sad because it must be getting brought in by the workers. I think they shut down visitors. Now the hell are these people working at nursing homes still so damn susceptible to it?
So many health care workers are getting it.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:59 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
I think it was known that nursing homes were going to bear the brunt of this for months after watching what happened in Washington. Kind of wonder why more wasn’t done in MA

Part of the problem is that when it hits nursing homes hospitals don’t want the infected patients. It sad because it must be getting brought in by the workers. I think they shut down visitors. Now the hell are these people working at nursing homes still so damn susceptible to it?
Would appreciate cites for the above statements. I have worked at Massachusetts nursing homes and hospitals and I have no idea what you're talking about. You also don't seem to understand modes of transmission and are using this ignorance to trash the most underpaid and thankless-tasked workers around.

I believe you are sad about someone you know dying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts