Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2021, 02:56 PM

12,823 posts, read 21,993,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
They could try but it would be blocked in court just like the OSHA mandate. The latter is concerned with worker health safety so I think it should be allowed. But having the TSA require it for domestic travel won't happen as it's not a health safety agency.
The TSA's requirements are just enforcement of CDC Orders (face masks, for example). The TSA wouldn't require vaccines on their own, but if the CDC issued an Order requiring vaccines, the TSA would then issue a directive requiring the Order to be enforced. I'm not so certain that vaccine or negative test requirements would be blocked in court. They're already required for international travel, and health safety requirements (such as face masks) have already been put in place for domestic travel.

More likely, there's just not enough of a political appetite for that level of restriction domestically.
It'll outrage the 41% of the country that isn't vaccinated and there's fairly low risk of transmission on planes between masked passengers and aircraft air filtration. What's more, is that vaccine requirements/negative tests on international flights are largely to prevent COVID from being transported from other countries to the U.S., not necessarily to protect passengers on the plane (though that's perk). Vaccines and negative test requirements for domestic flights may offer the passengers on board a slight increase in protection, but they wouldn't greatly impact COVID spread across state lines as interstate travel is accomplished in great volume by other means of transport (particularly cars).

I'd be fine with that type of requirement, but I just don't see it happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 05:18 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
And very interestingly, this just happened:

https://www.wgbh.org/news/local-news...gham-employees

Old 11-29-2021, 07:00 PM

943 posts, read 409,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
That's good news! Not for you, but in the big picture. It means that people want to go get boosted!
Yes, great news! During the initial rollout, there were always appointments showing up in the middle of the night (sorry, I don't remember the exact times), so you could look into that.

Old 11-29-2021, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
Yes, great news! During the initial rollout, there were always appointments showing up in the middle of the night (sorry, I don't remember the exact times), so you could look into that.
I got mine in late October, before the "official" eligibility period. I'm glad I did, I was able to get my pick of times back then, on very short notice.

Old 11-29-2021, 10:40 PM

266 posts, read 235,634 times
Default Wow! Digital Covid Shot Passports Coming to MA!!

Maybe lots of people support this here in Massachusetts but its still pretty sick. You will never see such absolute slavish obedience to authority as the hive mind in Massachusetts shows except maybe w exception of the Germans. Greatest blow to living like a normal citizen in MA I’ve seen in my lifetime.

Welcome to the Age of the Serfs

Boston Herald reports:

Quote:
A digital QR code-based vaccine passport is coming “soon” to Massachusetts, Gov. Charlie Baker said.

His administration, he announced, has “been talking to a lot of other states about” creating an app that would streamline vaccine verification using the scannable quick response codes called QR codes.

“Here’s my QR code,” the governor said, showing the app during an appearance on GBH’s “Boston Public Radio” on Monday.

“That’s my proof that I’ve been vaccinated. It’s easy to access. It’s a universal standard and we’ve been working with a bunch of other states — probably 15 or 20 of them — to try to create a single QR code that can be used for all sorts of things where people may choose to require a vaccine,” he added.

Old 11-30-2021, 05:25 AM

9,874 posts, read 7,197,601 times
It's a simple way to show you've been vaccinated to those who require proof. Most of the major medical providers are offering it already. MGB has one you can generate on their portal - it came in handy while I was in CA last week.

Old 11-30-2021, 06:02 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
It's a simple way to show you've been vaccinated to those who require proof. Most of the major medical providers are offering it already. MGB has one you can generate on their portal - it came in handy while I was in CA last week.
Does your MGB one use Lucas electronics? It probably doesn’t work very well in the rain.

I have the paper one, the hospital Epic portal one, and the CDC one for my original vaccinations at a hospital in Connecticut. The Walgreen pharmacy tech here in West Portugal scrawled the booster shot entry on the paper one. I’m going to need to upload it to ArriveCAN in a couple of weeks before flying to Vancouver for Christmas. It’s really stooopid that we don’t have a national vaccination registry since it’s needed for international travel.

On-topic:
I just bought another 40 N95 masks on the 3M site through an authorized reseller. You have to tell them it’s for industrial work. I put down marine worker. Plausible since I will be painting the bottom of my boat using an N95 mask. It was a bit cheaper there than on the evil Bezos site and unlikely to be a knockoff.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebruiser500 View Post
Maybe lots of people support this here in Massachusetts but its still pretty sick. You will never see such absolute slavish obedience to authority as the hive mind in Massachusetts shows except maybe w exception of the Germans. Greatest blow to living like a normal citizen in MA I’ve seen in my lifetime.

Welcome to the Age of the Serfs

Boston Herald reports:
Did you attend school here in MA (elementary, secondary, or college)? Or any of the 50 states, for that matter? If so, please consider yourself a "serf" too, since you had to get subjected to probably over a dozen vaccines already. And yes, had to submit proof thereof, in order to enroll.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:12 AM

3,370 posts, read 1,538,475 times
https://youtu.be/gJ8t0qQ5R4I

This needs to be looked into. Heart problems have gone up after the vaccine.

https://youtu.be/LEBGl8MVE-c this guy could not be more pro vaccine.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:39 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,413,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
https://youtu.be/gJ8t0qQ5R4I

This needs to be looked into. Heart problems have gone up after the vaccine.

https://youtu.be/LEBGl8MVE-c this guy could not be more pro vaccine.
It is worth looking at, but it's pretty elementary to observe that the period "after the vaccine" is the same as the period "after the pandemic". Or really, "during the pandemic", since it's very much still happening. And the indirect results of Covid-19 are showing up all too often--like worsening drug abuse and mental health issues. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are heart problems too. Plus everything is worse because lots of people postponed medical treatment when we were all in lockdown.

Of course we should be willing to hear about problems caused by the vaccines, if evidence appears. But just saying we have vaccines and problems, so it must be true that one causes the other--that's not logical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts