Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2021, 03:34 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
The bottom line is I haven't taken a shot of any kind in almost 20 years, and you're trying to sell me on the notion that taking a shot every few months for the rest of my life is normal.

You're not trying to find truth or to appeal to people's rational capabilities; you're trying to sell people something they don't need. Hence, these ridiculous arguments you're making.
Nobody says it's for the rest of your life but that's the best we can do for now. No one really even wants to give you a shot, it's no great privilege for them, lol. None of us are too thrilled to be getting shots but for now, most people realize that it's the best we can do. It's not forever, only until they come up with something better or this **** disease goes away all by itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2021, 03:46 PM

3,085 posts, read 1,548,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Had you resisted those shots (which are not one-time, by the way...many are a repeating series), you would have been denied the very fundamentals which unlock job/social life/assets: EDUCATION.

And before you pull out the bogus 99.96% survival rate...just consider that we require varicella shots also, and when was the last time anyone died from chicken pox?

You do have a choice, by the way. But the vaccine passports just emphasize that choices have consequences.
it depends on how old you are. I havent had any vaccines in 40 yrs except tetanus and thatsonly because Im in an environment in which the tetanus bacillus can thrive. Only 2 I ever had was smallpox and polio. I tried flu once upon a time but the resultant bronchitis and deep hacking coughs that lasted for weeks put a stop to that. Never had bronchitis, coughs, or flu and its been 40 yrs. so I am no fan of any covid vaccine and Ive seen the severe side effects. No thanks. You want it go for it! not me! and old Charlie can go you know where! Im not ruining my health to appease a gestapo govt! Oh and I have an advanced education. and have traveled. your argument must mean you work for Pfizer, Moderna, or govt.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:06 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Im not ruining my health to appease a gestapo govt! Oh and I have an advanced education. and have traveled. your argument must mean you work for Pfizer, Moderna, or govt.
Oh, but you can ruin your health by catching & spreading Covid (a much much higher probability than a vaccine side effect) to "own" the liberals and the gestapos. A lot of good has come from that advanced education, I see.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:38 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,774,194 times
Quote:
it depends on how old you are. I havent had any vaccines in 40 yrs except tetanus and thatsonly because Im in an environment in which the tetanus bacillus can thrive. Only 2 I ever had was smallpox and polio. I tried flu once upon a time but the resultant bronchitis and deep hacking coughs that lasted for weeks put a stop to that. Never had bronchitis, coughs, or flu and its been 40 yrs. so I am no fan of any covid vaccine and Ive seen the severe side effects. No thanks. You want it go for it! not me! and old Charlie can go you know where! Im not ruining my health to appease a gestapo govt! Oh and I have an advanced education. and have traveled. your argument must mean you work for Pfizer, Moderna, or govt.
Your experience has been quite the opposite of mine but to each their own. For as long as I can remember, at least since early childhood so for a good 30+ years, I have not had the flu shot but I caught the flu and other similar viruses plenty of times. I've caught so many viruses in the winter that I used to claim that the viruses were on schedule every winter. The worst flu virus for me to date was 2007 when some super nasty bug hit me head on and I was bedridden for 3 straight days, literally unable to get up. In fact, I likened myself to a computer with a virus, trying to wake up then almost immediately falling back to sleep each time and that went on for a good 72 hours. Then more recently, two more bad bouts of flu in 2018 and 2019 finally convinced me to get a yearly flu shot and so I have now gotten one for the third straight year. Y'know, I have never experienced bad symptoms from any vaccine, maybe just a little woozy during one of the flu shots but it went away quickly. My former work supervisor never got the flu shot but also never got the flu as long as he can remember. So different strokes for different folks I guess.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:36 PM

943 posts, read 410,776 times
Most days, MGH and Brigham are at over 95% capacity and are now dialing back planned surgeries. Not all due to covid, but ""We're seeing a pretty big resurgence of delta right now. Our numbers of inpatients in our Mass General Brigham system in the past three and a half, four weeks have almost doubled," said Walls." https://www.nbcboston.com/news/coron...rtage/2579108/

Old 12-01-2021, 06:14 AM

3,085 posts, read 1,548,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Oh, but you can ruin your health by catching & spreading Covid (a much much higher probability than a vaccine side effect) to "own" the liberals and the gestapos. A lot of good has come from that advanced education, I see.
your opinion. I know of no one who has had covid. Half of the pop of the US has never had the disease. and since the vaccinated can catch and spread covid and die from it, I wouldnt use vaccination as the savior the drug cos made it out to be. Maybe you have never seen severe side effects from the vaccine. Destroying your platelets is not a minor side effect.

Old 12-01-2021, 06:28 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
your opinion. I know of no one who has had covid. Half of the pop of the US has never had the disease. and since the vaccinated can catch and spread covid and die from it, I wouldnt use vaccination as the savior the drug cos made it out to be. Maybe you have never seen severe side effects from the vaccine. Destroying your platelets is not a minor side effect.
I know several who have died from Covid. 3 were young with no (apparent) pre-existing conditions. And facts, not opinions, are that 780K+ have died from it in the US alone...including notably many others like yourself who denied its seriousness, refused vaccines until they were on their deathbed, and/or went for homespun "cures".

And destruction of platelets?! There are literally hundreds of millions worldwide who have received one of the vaccines. In the US and western world, this is *the* most closely monitored vaccine rollout in history.

Old 12-01-2021, 06:33 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Lets forget about that minor detail that you're many many multitudes less likely to catch it if you're immunized. If you don't catch it, you won't spread it.

It's amazing to me that knowing so many people in healthcare, from Kaiser Permanente in CA to multiple places in Boston and a whole swath in between, that these NPs and MDs never run into these severe side effects from vaccines, but are and have routinely been having patients pass away from covid.

The platelet issue is extremely rare, mostly with Astro Zen, and a bit less in JJ. And effectively non existent in mRNA. So just get the mRNA if that's your concern.

Anecdotally, I've noticed when volunteering at vaccine clinics (which are mostly boosters right now), the majority of the people that had J&J as their vaccine selected Moderna for their booster.

Curious.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:28 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,519,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Anecdotally, I've noticed when volunteering at vaccine clinics (which are mostly boosters right now), the majority of the people that had J&J as their vaccine selected Moderna for their booster.

Curious.
Is that due to availability or do they actually have a choice?

I had an initial round of Pfizer. I wanted to stay with Pfizer for the booster but couldn't locate anywhere that i could make an appointment and get pfizer. Vast majority were Moderna, so i had no choice but to make an appt with Moderna. Most of my peers who have gotten boosters have gotten moderna as well because it was what was available to them.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:37 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Is that due to availability or do they actually have a choice?

I had an initial round of Pfizer. I wanted to stay with Pfizer for the booster but couldn't locate anywhere that i could make an appointment and get pfizer. Vast majority were Moderna, so i had no choice but to make an appt with Moderna. Most of my peers who have gotten boosters have gotten moderna as well because it was what was available to them.
They have a choice.

At the clinics I volunteer at (Rhode Island) we have:

J&J / Jansen - one shot same booster or 1st (only)
Pfizer booster
Pfizer 1st / 2nd shot
Moderna booster
Moderna 1st / 2nd shot

So five selections at each.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts