Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2021, 03:20 PM

15,789 posts, read 20,487,959 times

Advertisements

Wish the daily stats would include data that breaks down the new cases and deaths as unvaccinated vs vaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 05:59 PM

6,122 posts, read 5,092,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I don't think I know anyone who ever got pregnant being on the pill and using a condom. I do know of people who got preggo on the pill but I wonder if they used it correct. It's easy to miss taking it.

Luckily there are things that work better than the pill like IUDs.
I love how this thread took a risque turn! Way to beat the monotony of COVID in Massachusetts

Old 05-31-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
I kind of expected some people to continue just out of habit but I do wonder if peer pressure is part of it.
Well...I did an experiment of sorts at Market Basket in Burlington. For the first time since March 13, 2020 I stepped inside a grocery store unmasked (exactly 2 months since Moderna #2). I'd kept a blue surgical mask in my pocket in case I started to get dirty looks, but that never happened. I did see a masked shopper (or two) rush past me, or avoid going down my aisle altogether, but by and large it didn't feel as weird as I'd expected.

For what it's worth, I'd estimate 30% unmasked.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:32 PM

943 posts, read 409,746 times
WHO warning: "No country should assume it's out of the woods, no matter its vaccination rate. " Is that targeted at us and the fall? We were largely celebrating victory over covid last summer, too...

Old 05-31-2021, 06:35 PM

16,325 posts, read 8,150,917 times
I don't think anyone felt victory over covid last summer. I think everyone felt that there would be more surges in the fall and winter since there was no vaccine and that's what happened. No idea what will happen this fall but I'm thinking it will be better.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:40 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,806,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Well...I did an experiment of sorts at Market Basket in Burlington. For the first time since March 13, 2020 I stepped inside a grocery store unmasked (exactly 2 months since Moderna #2). I'd kept a blue surgical mask in my pocket in case I started to get dirty looks, but that never happened. I did see a masked shopper (or two) rush past me, or avoid going down my aisle altogether, but by and large it didn't feel as weird as I'd expected.

For what it's worth, I'd estimate 30% unmasked.
I performed a similar experiment at the Framingham Target. Most people (90%) were masked up. Nobody appeared to change their behavior around me, although my fiance eventually put her mask on because it felt too weird

Old 05-31-2021, 06:49 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,766,948 times
I was at a park and then at CVS and Stop and Shop earlier today. At the park, I'd say 50/50 mask wearing and weirdly enough I saw whole families split 50/50 (e.g. kids wearing masks but parents didn't). At CVS and Stop and Shop I'd say more like 80-90% were still wearing masks including all employees.

Old 05-31-2021, 07:15 PM

16,325 posts, read 8,150,917 times
I wore my mask at stop and shop today.

It kind of amazed me yesterday at the hockey sports complex literally no one had on a mask. There were former nhl guys there with their kids and parents all maskless. My mom did put her past on a few times even though she's fully vaxxed. I guess the hockey community has had it.

Old 05-31-2021, 07:27 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,414,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
WHO warning: "No country should assume it's out of the woods, no matter its vaccination rate. " Is that targeted at us and the fall? We were largely celebrating victory over covid last summer, too...

Oh no we weren't, not if we believed what we were being told. They said "There'll be a lull for a few months, but it'll be back in the fall, maybe worse than before." And that's exactly what happened.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
I just cannot see this upcoming fall/winter being anywhere close to what it was last year...especially in MA. We'll be at 70+% fully vaccinated, easily.

For example, there is a lot of hullaballoo in the UK right now about the B.1.617 (India) variant spreading rapidly. Yet, you look at their stats and they are averaging <10 deaths/day since May 1. Absolutely stellar performance. Under those circumstances, I just can't see the vaccinated having much to fear.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts