Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2021, 11:17 AM

12,430 posts, read 9,529,208 times

Advertisements

Personally, I am vaccinated, but I am trying to keep my exposure to large crowds down, and wearing masks indoors in public places. The risk of hospitalization and death may be small for me, but not zero, plus I don't want to be part of the chain of transmission. From my understanding, the mRNA vaccines are providing protection against Delta variant effects as follows:

Death: excellent
Hospitalization: very good
Transmission: moderate-good (still being nailed down)
Infection: some (also still being nailed down)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2021, 12:01 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Despite all these outbreaks and fears life seems to be carrying on as usual. Restaurants are packed, concerts and sporting events are in full swing. Most people seem to be over the fear of getting covid. Most.
Attended an outdoor brunch today with folks I had not met previously. I did have a bit of anxiety, and some second thoughts even, beforehand but that eased during the event. Not sure I'd make it a habit just yet, but I do agree.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:05 PM

199 posts, read 67,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0bJfT...7fiym&hl=en_US

People vaccinated are just as likely to pass delta variant as the unvaccinated.
That's not what the article says:

"Some initial findings ... indicate that levels of virus in those who become infected with Delta having already been vaccinated may be similar to levels found in unvaccinated people," PHE said in a statement.

"This may have implications for people's infectiousness, whether they have been vaccinated or not. However, this is early exploratory analysis and further targeted studies are needed to confirm whether this is the case."

Old 08-07-2021, 01:03 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YevTK View Post
That's not what the article says:

"Some initial findings ... indicate that levels of virus in those who become infected with Delta having already been vaccinated may be similar to levels found in unvaccinated people," PHE said in a statement.

"This may have implications for people's infectiousness, whether they have been vaccinated or not. However, this is early exploratory analysis and further targeted studies are needed to confirm whether this is the case."
Ya more studies needed but I suspect the new vaccines don't do a good job to stop the spread

Old 08-07-2021, 05:05 PM

https://twitter.com/News2Pman/status...208628234?s=19 this is so sad and what makes it more sad is no one cares. We all know lots of 15 year olds die of heart attacks.

https://twitter.com/Misty30926821/st...661069313?s=19

Old 08-07-2021, 05:25 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,780,522 times
Quote:
https://twitter.com/News2Pman/status...208628234?s=19 this is so sad and what makes it more sad is no one cares. We all know lots of 15 year olds die of heart attacks.

https://twitter.com/Misty30926821/st...661069313?s=19
I personally think they used too high of a dose for 12-15 but problems seem very rare.

Old 08-07-2021, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
I personally think they used too high of a dose for 12-15 but problems seem very rare.
There is no reason to vaccinate them the vaccine is more dangerous to them than the virus. It's all about money

Old 08-07-2021, 06:11 PM

12,430 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Antibiotics kill people every year thru numerous paths - anaphylactic shock is one. Penicillin alone kills from 500-1000 Americans via anaphylaxis every year. Does this mean we should stop using antibiotics? Does this make them a government conspiracy? Is it strange that "no one cares"?

Fact: Antibiotics do far more good than harm. Unfortunately, some have a bad reaction to these drugs. Like the situation with Covid-19 vaccines.

Old 08-07-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Antibiotics kill people every year thru numerous paths - anaphylactic shock is one. Penicillin alone kills from 500-1000 Americans via anaphylaxis every year. Does this mean we should stop using antibiotics? Does this make them a government conspiracy? Is it strange that "no one cares"?

Fact: Antibiotics do far more good than harm. Unfortunately, some have a bad reaction to these drugs. Like the situation with Covid-19 vaccines.
It is estimated these vaccines have killed 45 thousand. It is my understanding that if a vaccine is fully approved by the FDA and only 25 people die they have to put a halt on it. In 1976 the swine flu vaccine killed only 25 or around that and they had to pull it. Some think the reason why it's taking along time to get full approval is because too many are dying and they would have to pull it. It even says in my link that the vaccines are not recommended for people under 16. I might be wrong but I believe the UK is not vaccinating people under 18. Some of these vaccines were not approved even for emergency use in some countries. I think the best way to handle this is have a private independent company test these vaccines. Basically the makers are saying safe and effective and no third party is testing them. Yes the FDA is separate but I think they could be biased with government funding.

Yes vaccines kill people but it is thought that this vaccine has killed more people than all other vaccines combined in the last twenty years. The vaers report for complications and deaths are probably under reported. There are reports of people not dying but thier health has gone down hill right after the vaccine having heart problems. We know this vaccine can cause heart problems.

In terms of antibiotics yes they are very good and save life's by they are being over used and are creating antibotic resistant bugs which are scary. I had bad strep throat where I needed two rounds of antibiotics. Bacteria infections are more scary than viruses.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 08-07-2021 at 07:12 PM..

Old 08-07-2021, 07:12 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,321,214 times
Quote:
It is estimated these vaccines have killed 45 thousand. It is my understanding that if a vaccine is fully approved by the FDA and only 25 people die they have to put a halt on it. In 1976 the swine flu vaccine killed only 25 or around that and they had to pull it. Some think the reason why it's taking along time to get full approval is because too many are dying and they would have to pull it. It even says in my link that the vaccines are not recommended for people under 16. I might be wrong but I believe the UK is not vaccinating people under 18. Some of these vaccines were not approved even for emergency use in some countries. I think the best way to handle this is have a private independent company test these vaccines. Basically the makers are saying safe and effective and no third party is testing them.

Yes vaccines kill people but it is thought that this vaccine has killed more people than all other vaccines combined in the last twenty years. The vaers report for complications and deaths are probably under reported.
If even a fraction of 45,000 deaths were attributable to the COVID vaccine, there'd be deep investigations and halts on distribution. J&J had single-digit numbers attributable deaths and faced a pause in distribution to investigate.

Anybody estimating 45,000 is off by a lot. Those 'somes' who think this approval delays are due to this are either horribly misinformed or have ulterior motives for their claims.

You're talking about companies that specialize in vaccine development and testing. Even with the rushes and urgency to roll out vaccines for COVID, they don't make basic mistakes on the level you're insinuating.

By all means, though, cite that your data comes from VAERS because nobody would think anti-vaxxers will contort the openly-available data to spread misinformation. Oh, right. Well, thankfully, NPR's already done the explaining.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-covid-vaccine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts