Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2021, 08:13 PM

23,566 posts, read 18,661,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I went to stop and shop today and there was sign outside strongly encouraging people to wear masks.

I complained earlier about seeing people at an amusement park wearing masks. Going to an amusement park is a choice. If you choose to do that and you've been vaccinated I don't really see the point of masks. grocery shopping isn't really a choice. You go because you need food. It feels bad seeing that sign. I actually put on my mask and quite a few others had on theirs too. A lot of people didn't have on masks as well. Really felt like people were hopeful after the vaccines came out and the masks started to go away but feels like they're on the way back.

I don't understand what your issue is with seeing masks at the amusement parks. I mean on any given day, over 50% of the people there are probably better off with their faces covered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 08:19 PM

16,300 posts, read 8,126,207 times
If you were genuinely concerned about covid why would you go to an amusement park in the first place ?

It feels like going to a swingers party or sleeping with a prostitute while wearing a condom. Why bother ? Just don't partake in the risky activity.

And yeah we raw dogged it at Santa's village and story land.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
It feels like going to a swingers party or sleeping with a prostitute while wearing a condom. Why bother ? Just don't partake in the risky activity.

Are you saying nobody does those things?

Quote:

Old 08-05-2021, 08:26 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
If you were genuinely concerned about covid why would you go to an amusement park in the first place ?

Some people operate more with a mitigation strategy versus an all or nothing strategy. Nothing wrong with that. One could also make the argument that if someone was genuinely concerned about covid, they'd be getting all of their groceries delivered and pull their kids out to homeschool them, too. We've been in this a year and a half and were just able to get a breath in the past month before this popped up. If it makes someone feel better to wear a mask in a place where vaccines are not required and you might be in close, static quarters (like a line), then I don't see why that would be upsetting to anyone.

And what kind of orgies are you going to where everyone isn't wearing condoms?

Old 08-05-2021, 08:27 PM

Quite honestly if someone is so desperate to sleep with hookers or go to a swingers party I'm not sure using a condom would cross their mind. I could be wrong there though.

All I know is that being vaccinated and going to an outdoor venue I just didn't feel the need to mask up. After hearing the news this week though I guess I'll be avoiding people again.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:29 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Some people operate more with a mitigation strategy versus an all or nothing strategy. Nothing wrong with that. One could also make the argument that if someone was genuinely concerned about covid, they'd be getting all of their groceries delivered and pull their kids out to homeschool them, too. We've been in this a year and a half and were just able to get a breath in the past month before this popped up. If it makes someone feel better to wear a mask in a place where vaccines are not required and you might be in close, static quarters (like a line), then I don't see why that would be upsetting to anyone.

And what kind of orgies are you going to where everyone isn't wearing condoms?
I've never been to an orgy, have you ?

And I didn't have groceries delivered throughout this whole ordeal. DH would get them then i started getting them last summer.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Quite honestly if someone is so desperate to sleep with hookers or go to a swingers party I'm not sure using a condom would cross their mind. I could be wrong there though.

Not my area of expertise, but my guess is you are VERY wrong.

Quote:
All I know is that being vaccinated and going to an outdoor venue I just didn't feel the need to mask up.

Then don't.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:35 PM

I didn't

Im guessing the hookers are more careful than the idiots going to see them.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I didn't

Im guessing the hookers are more careful than the idiots going to see them.

Would you assume that if you were cheating on your wife?

Old 08-05-2021, 08:44 PM

a friend of mines husband got someone pregnant and nope he didn't wear a condom. The girl he impregnated also had a husband. The impregnator had been married to my friend for 18 yrs. so no I don't think people necessarily wrap it up in the heat of the moment.

Thankfully there is some time to think about whether or not to put on mask or decide if you want to go somewhere or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts