Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2021, 08:56 PM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times

Advertisements

OK no condoms at Santa's Village.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 09:15 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,187,561 times

Old 08-06-2021, 03:24 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
OK no condoms at Santa's Village.
My favorite Billy Bob Thornton Christmas movie. LOL

Old 08-06-2021, 05:59 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Shoe stores? What place is these days only sells shoes? I could easily buy shoes online because I know my size and you can just return them if they don't fit.

If you want to say that something is a violation of the Constitution that you actually have to show what part of the Constitution because we have had shut downs before. You're trying to have a conversation with somebody that has a license to teach not just history but also government in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Judge Napolitano has not been a judge in 26 years and he has not had an actual job in 4 years. He believes and promotes in various conspiracy theories and he fails to make logical arguments. You can't call somebody a judge 26 years after they leave..

First you said it was a shutdown and then you say that big businesses were allowed to open so which is it? You just contradicted yourself. Maybe you might understand at some point that everything is moving online and it's been that way for decades. I spent years and Retail and I can tell you that there was massive amounts of waste left and right in retail. Customers are not qualified and they're not vetted and they act like a general public place with people hanging around. I remember one day somebody showed up filled with elderly people I can to just use the bathroom and they left. When you do things online at least you know they're supposed to be able to type. If I buy something online I can put something in the shopping cart and I can take it out and there can be a record of that and a traditional retail environment that's impossible. That's lost Revenue that could be found with marketing but they don't do it.

The vast majority of the people in the state and the country still have access to food and water and shelter and clothing. We didn't fall into some trap of looking like some tribal area of Somalia or Eastern Europe.

Like it or not there a base exchange is that businesses have to abide by in order to comply with things like a building department and a fire department and a health department. Can I go to a gas station and smoke? No of course not because gasoline has Vapors and Vapors ignite and it's a serious fire risk. Many businesses also have no shirt and no shoes means no service. Are there any shoeless Advocates out there going left and right saying that shoes are an evil mandate?

And you can still do business online. Online by itself does not mean big businesses. There are plenty of businesses that use platforms of Amazon and eBay to make their income and I've known about this for years.

Here's the problem that the anti crowd tries to do. First they said it was fake and that turns out guess what it's not fake people are dying from it people with pre-existing conditions have this like diabetes and asthma. The other thing they consider is that if you don't get vaccinated means that these variants will spread more and your herd immunity that you want has to increase to maybe 80 or 90% instead of 75. If half of the people in this country have a vaccine and it's taken months for this to happen and the other half for some reason don't want to get it then we're going to have to deal with the restrictions going forward.

You don't have to like science to understand that it's there. I don't exactly like brushing my teeth but you know what I don't want to pay a high dental bills and lose teeth. I wear my seatbelt and yeah sometimes it might be a tad annoying but you know what I've seen people and my people have been through very bad car accident and I know what can happen. Does everybody that workout have a smile on their face? Probably not
First of all this has nothing to do with online services. shoes are one of the worst items to buy online because a size 9 in a nike is not the same as a size 9 in a converse. you don't know if a shoe fits unless you try it on. some take wide shoes in some brands while that same person might need a more slim shoe in another brand.

we can debate all day what we want to call these shutdowns but the fact the government discriminated against small businesses can not be denied. these businesses that went out of business was not compensated by the state which closed them down. this is a violation of the 5th amendment....

nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation. there it is no property shall be taken without just compensation. if the government can shut you down then they are essentially taking control of your property and violating contract laws. the way around this or the loophole they use is public health.

it is also a violation of contract laws to shut down businesses because the business rentor has a contract with the owner.

this virus is nothing and the delta variant is less deadly for healthy people than the other variants. Dr Geert vanden bossche warns of vaccinating people during a pandemic. these vaccines might be causing the variants.

do not compare brushing your teeth to taking an experimental vaccine people are being forced to take. they are violating the Nuremberg code with experiments by forcing people to take this vaccine for federal employees. if we don't have body autonomy then we have no freedom at all. this vaccine could end up killing millions we do not know the long-term effects of this. no, I will not take a vaccine for a virus with a 99 percent survival rate. these employers do have liability though if someone is proven to die or get seriously injured from these vaccines. the vaccine makers have immunity from any legal recourse. they are getting rid of informed consent for this experimental concoction.

if someone tried to force me to take this vaccine i would gouge their eyes out.

fast forward to the 27 minute mark of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKs3E4w4Uw

When was the last time dr fauci saw a patient?

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 08-06-2021 at 06:14 AM..

Old 08-06-2021, 06:01 AM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
My favorite Billy Bob Thornton Christmas movie. LOL
I'm on my #%$#ing lunch break!

But back to topic I think we're going to see some arguments about boosters vs expansion in the next few months. We started mass vaccinations around April/May. Now if a booster is needed after six months that brings to October/November but if there's another wave is that demand going to siphon off vaccines to other countries? Given the drop off in vaccinations pre delta it would be hard to argue that NOW you want to get a shot for the first time after months on end. The best way to prevent other variants is to vaccinate the rest of the world, *not* provide Cletus McGee with one that thought there were microchips in for the past 18 months.

Old 08-06-2021, 07:17 AM

779 posts, read 877,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
I'm on my #%$#ing lunch break!

But back to topic I think we're going to see some arguments about boosters vs expansion in the next few months. We started mass vaccinations around April/May. Now if a booster is needed after six months that brings to October/November but if there's another wave is that demand going to siphon off vaccines to other countries? Given the drop off in vaccinations pre delta it would be hard to argue that NOW you want to get a shot for the first time after months on end. The best way to prevent other variants is to vaccinate the rest of the world, *not* provide Cletus McGee with one that thought there were microchips in for the past 18 months.
If Pfizer gets full FDA approval next month, I think that could boost some first-time vaccination numbers (though likely not Cletus McGee).

Old 08-06-2021, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
If Pfizer gets full FDA approval next month, I think that could boost some first-time vaccination numbers (though likely not Cletus McGee).

I think full FDA approval will dramatically boost the "you need to be vaccinated to work here" mandate. Cletus will get his jabs if his alternative is unemployment and poverty.

Old 08-06-2021, 07:30 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I think full FDA approval will dramatically boost the "you need to be vaccinated to work here" mandate. Cletus will get his jabs if his alternative is unemployment and poverty.
Cletus will live in a van down by the river.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:28 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,284,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
If you were genuinely concerned about covid why would you go to an amusement park in the first place ?

It feels like going to a swingers party or sleeping with a prostitute while wearing a condom. Why bother ? Just don't partake in the risky activity.

And yeah we raw dogged it at Santa's village and story land.
Well, maybe those people were just trying to set an example for their children who have to wear masks.

Also, I expect MOST people who engage in swingers or hiring prostitutes sure do wear condoms. I would think that is probably pretty common. Not that I know from personal experience, of course!

Anyway, live and let live. I can't imagine really caring all that much.

Old 08-06-2021, 09:29 AM

I was looking at last night's weekly by-town COVID-19 numbers. New Bedford is at 22 per day per 100,000. Only the national news Provincetown outbreak is higher. Not exactly shocking. 42% vaccination rate. Delta variant. No community outreach to speak of. Florida-north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts