Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2021, 09:08 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,074,486 times

Advertisements

Average death rate is right around 1.5% in the US based on around 700K dead out of around 44M infected. Now, I'd be all for Darwin thinning out the trumpie and farrakhanoid nutter herd if the virus was stable but that's not the case, it keeps mutating and there's a good chance we might get something that will get past the vaccines sooner rather than later if nothing is done about the tens of millions of walking virus factories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I know, It's almost like the 5g microchip stuff is a strawman created by the media for midwits to parrot, rather than a real phenomenon of any significant size.

Yes, people who don't take the vaccine will eventually get Covid, probably. But, so will you. Fortunately, the chance of dying from Covid is nowhere near 1.5%; even the CDC admitted as much, long ago. This estimate by the CDC puts the infection fatality rate at less than half of 1.5%: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...es/burden.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2021, 09:14 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Average death rate is right around 1.5% in the US based on around 700K dead out of around 44M infected. Now, I'd be all for Darwin thinning out the trumpie and farrakhanoid nutter herd if the virus was stable but that's not the case, it keeps mutating and there's a good chance we might get something that will get past the vaccines sooner rather than later if nothing is done about the tens of millions of walking virus factories.
You're making the assumption that every infection is detected and counted as a confirmed case. Are you making that assumption out of ignorance, or you being intentionally deceitful?

That's a rhetorical question, of course. You're going on ignore now.

Old 10-04-2021, 09:16 AM

12,873 posts, read 22,035,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
I'm so sorry about your friend. I'm sure he regretted his decision at the end, which is sad for him and his family. I'm hopeful the Merck treatment will significantly reduce a scenario like this from happening.
Thank you. He was not someone I was close to at all, so it's not a personal loss. Just one of those Facebook friends you may have met a couple of times many years ago and just never removed from the friend list (I rarely take the time to go through and weed out friends). But it's still the closest exposure I've had to this level of loss from COVID. Social media is such a weird window into people's lives and the commentary from the family is heartbreaking. His brother posted about vaccines last week (he's admittedly "reluctantly vaccinated") and the difference it would have made for his family. He also said that he spoke to the ICU doc who said 90% of the ventilator patients are unvaccinated (this is in a South Shore hospital, so local). I just double checked, all three family members died within 30 days of each other. None were vaccinated. It's absolutely devastating for them. In April 2020, we didn't have a choice. Now we do.

Old 10-04-2021, 09:21 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Amen.

Old 10-04-2021, 09:23 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,074,486 times
OK, fine, let's say every single living person in US got infected (i.e. 700,0000 dead out of 333,000,000 instead of 43,700,000) so we can get that 0.2% death rate anti-vaxxers keep parroting. Is your chance of being the dead one out of every 500 due to covid better than your chance of being the dead one out of 100,000,000 due to the vaccine? Or are the black helicopter Epstein island pizza shop illuminati reptiloids lying to us and it was in fact the vaccines laden with 5g microchips that turn you into a gay transsexual communist, not covid, that killed those 700,000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
You're making the assumption that every infection is counted as a confirmed case. Are you making that assumption out of ignorance, or you being intentionally deceitful?

That's a rhetorical question, of course. You're going on ignore now.

Old 10-04-2021, 01:13 PM

9,885 posts, read 7,217,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
This dr advised against it. Maybe moderna will come out with a booster. My friend is eligible for a booster because she had cancer and some heart issues.

https://whyy.org/articles/what-about...fizer-vaccine/
The Moderna booster is awaiting FDA review. They will come out with one at some point.

Old 10-04-2021, 01:15 PM

9,885 posts, read 7,217,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacconn View Post
I'm in a town with an indoor mask mandate. The vaccination rate of residents ages 12+ is 94%. Our HS is 99% vaccinated. There is 1 active case in the entire school system right now. I fail to see why my town needs a mandate - must be the throngs of tourists from GA or unvaccinated residents of New Bedford cramming our local shops and spreading COVID /s.

Seems to me the towns that least need the mask mandates are the ones that have them - each competing to out-progressive and virtue signal the others. If someone dares to express concern about a mask mandate, they are railed as a COVID-denying, bleach-drinking Trumpster. I think there's a silent majority that got vaccinated, wears masks when appropriate (hospitals/nursing homes/public transit), but is largely ready to resume normal life without masks. And that includes people even with kids too young to be vaccinated - we recognize the risks to them are very low, and even lower in the vaccinated bubble we created for them.
It's probably because a city or town doesn't exist in a vacuum. If you have many restaurants, businesses, etc. that draw from out of town, the stats of your town really don't matter.

Old 10-05-2021, 12:12 PM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
https://www.boston25news.com/news/he...CDW7XZ4Y3ANA4/

MA covid cases 4 times higher this year than last?

Seems to be a lot less hysteria this year than last as well.

Old 10-05-2021, 01:47 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Excellent summary of the situation in MA. Most of it is encouraging! In particular: More than 5.1 million of the state’s approximately 7 million residents have gotten at least one shot of the two-shot vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna or of the one-shot vaccine from Johnson & Johnson.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/10/...ime-celebrate/

Old 10-05-2021, 02:39 PM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
I feel like I'm seeing mixed news today:

https://www.wcvb.com/article/massach...-2021/37873315
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts