Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2022, 08:38 AM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Perhaps there will be a booster more effective against currently circulating variants by then.
Exactly why I am waiting but I may get it on spur of moment or if some place I want to go requires double-boosting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2022, 09:01 AM

12,451 posts, read 9,540,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Perhaps there will be a booster more effective against currently circulating variants by then.
That's what the goals of the development are. I figured I don't need to choose between them, I can get the second booster with the Pfizer now, and if they have something new and improved available in fall, I'll get that as well.

Moderna, for example has been evaluating several bivalent vaccine candidates in clinical trials, and has received encouraging results - providing stronger and more durable immunity and across more strains:
– mRNA-1273.211 (9 mutations, based on wild-type and Beta)
– mRNA-1273.213 (11 mutations, based on Beta and Delta)
– mRNA-1273.214 (32 mutations, based on wild-type and Omicron)
See recent investor update presentation here:
https://s29.q4cdn.com/435878511/file...er-_-Final.pdf

Multivalent vaccines are also the basis of several pan-coronavirus development efforts.

P.S. Moderna is not calling this a pan-coronavirus vaccine, but it sounds like a good step forward.

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 05-07-2022 at 10:14 AM..

Old 05-07-2022, 10:21 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,285,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Since we're coming into the summer, which normally has lower rates of transmission, there's an argument to be made for waiting until the end of summer/early fall. I didn't have a strong preference therefore, but I'll turn 63 in a few weeks and am overweight and there is still a lot of virus out there, so I thought I'd just get it now. I have read and heard enough cases of people really struggling with long Covid, that I thought I'd feel better tuning up protection. There's a good chance that new vaccines will be available in fall, as there are numerous projects under development right now - including some new vaccines from Moderna and Pfizer, as well as others, some taking quite different strategies.
That's what I'm thinking. I want to time it for when it is likely to do the most good.

Old 05-07-2022, 10:46 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
I'm planning on getting the booster this week, but only because I have to work an indoor "masks recommended" graduation with thousands of people traveling from all over the world to a space with minimal ventilation and no testing requirements. No way to get around it, even though the folks in my immediate area will all be triple vaxxed and tested staff.

If not for that, I would hold out til fall.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:48 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
I'm going back and forth too. I think if I got the 2nd booster right now, it might have worn off at some time when I would really need it. I took my neighbor to Urgent Care the other day and she got it because she has a big family wedding to attend but I sat out in the car. Maybe I should have gotten it. Maybe I should have taken my husband who can't drive anymore due to a stroke. Or maybe it was best to wait. This *&#@%#@! disease!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2022, 01:09 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I'm going back and forth too. I think if I got the 2nd booster right now, it might have worn off at some time when I would really need it. I took my neighbor to Urgent Care the other day and she got it because she has a big family wedding to attend but I sat out in the car. Maybe I should have gotten it. Maybe I should have taken my husband who can't drive anymore due to a stroke. Or maybe it was best to wait. This *&#@%#@! disease!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got it, because it had been 6 mo since my 1st booster, and I've been doing a lot of (plane) travel, including some international. Figure the next one will be offered in Aug/Sept just like the flu shot, and hopefully it'll be updated in some way to combat a wider range of variants.

Old 05-07-2022, 08:06 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Enough with the ridiculous fallacy. Thousands of physicians, nurses, and coroners independently conspired to gain their hospitals an extra $2000 (or whatever) in reimbursement, at the risk of losing their professional licenses for falsifying records. Very plausible indeed.

And just be lucky you didn't see young & healthy people afflicted and dying. I did.
Did you just get a job for Biden's Misinformation department. Actually it wasn't $2,000, it was on average close to $30,000 and in some other hospitals even more. It was all part of the emergency act and is still going on as long as we keep this a federal pandemic. I have close friends who work in the ER and they have personally seen them test people for covid when they clearly died of other causes.

The military industrial complex has become the medical industrial complex. It is why you can't question anything now and there is only one "treatment" for covid. It is why they keep it under emergency use. Thousands of nurses and doctors are following orders from the NIH, CDC, health boards to keep their license. The same people like Fauci who has never treated one patient. There are legit doctors who cured thousands without government protocols but were censored. The only young people I've seen with any issues was after they took the clot shot. Again, if this was so deadly, you wouldn't need any money to incentivize death, whether it is $2,000 or $30,000. Watch deaths go down for covid as soon as they get rid of emergency use.

This virus is so deadly, not one liberal who promoted lockdowns has died or been hospitalized since getting it; even though they were trying to get everyone to stay home and never get it. The safest person is one with natural immunity.

Old 05-07-2022, 08:36 PM

Just remember the average age of death is around 79 from covid, while the average lifespan is around 78 years. People that die from covid usually have at least 4 comorbidities, but yes lets mask kids and run scared. At my age and health I have a higher chance of dying in a car accident, but yet I still drive.

Old 05-07-2022, 09:02 PM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
The safest person is one with natural immunity.

Wrong. The person safest from infection is one with both natural immunity (assuming prior Covid didn't take too much of a toll on their immune system) AND vaccination, as has been consistently shown. Are you able to admit this, or does it run contrary to your agenda?

Old 05-07-2022, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Wrong. The person safest from infection is one with both natural immunity (assuming prior Covid didn't take too much of a toll on their immune system) AND vaccination, as has been consistently shown. Are you able to admit this, or does it run contrary to your agenda?
Huh, so what is the difference between natural immunity and vaccination then? So if you have immunity now you think there is some type of super immunity? You are either immune or you aren't.

By the way, the covid vaccine (not really a vaccine) does not stop or prevent the virus, so there is no immunity from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts