Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2021, 11:24 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post

Don't see the problem. It's not like they would spread the virus if they are vaccinated. You're also only talking about a handful of touristy countries too, biz travel is still way down.

That isn't correct. They're 90% less likely to spread the virus if they are vaccinated. They can still be infected and contagious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2021, 08:18 AM

2,947 posts, read 5,191,791 times
Default Covid-19 vaccine: did you have tears of joy after the vaccine....or no emotion?

I seem to read or hear about some (many?) people crying or getting very emotional after getting their first vaccine, or maybe especially after completing the second one.

I experienced no emotion earlier this month after my first vaccine....maybe I'll feel some emotion after the second one.

Did most here get emotional or know of many friends and relatives who were emotional?

Of course, I feel grateful for all of the research and expertise that went into this miracle, but I seem to feel a bit weird that I felt no differently than when getting my flu shot this year.

Hmm..

Old 04-09-2021, 10:08 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
I seem to read or hear about some (many?) people crying or getting very emotional after getting their first vaccine, or maybe especially after completing the second one.

I experienced no emotion earlier this month after my first vaccine....maybe I'll feel some emotion after the second one.

Did most here get emotional or know of many friends and relatives who were emotional?

Of course, I feel grateful for all of the research and expertise that went into this miracle, but I seem to feel a bit weird that I felt no differently than when getting my flu shot this year.

Hmm..

I'm an emotional person, so I teared up both times. I had to go into downward dog when my appointment went through because I felt so overwhelmed. For me, it was the weight of over a year of staying at home and seeing no one but the people working at the grocery store 5 minutes before close, my boyfriend, and my grandmother combined with the awe that it took millions of researchers, clinical trial volunteers, manufacturers, logistics, transporters, and medical professionals to go from an out of control pandemic to getting a shot in my arm in a little more than a year.

But there's no right or wrong. I didn't want any acknowledgment when my cancer treatment ended - no ringing of a bell, no parties, no nothing. I didn't cry for over a year when I found my healthy best friend dead in her 30s in her apartment from the flu - not even at the funeral or breaking the news to her family and other friends. Now, I'm back to crying at Hallmark commercials.

Old 04-09-2021, 10:29 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,966 times
Quote:

Hmm..

I had my first shot this morning and I didn't have any real emotion about it right then and there.

I had such a feeling of freedom driving home though. It's a gorgeous day and my appointment was about 30 minutes away, which entails this lovely drive through farm lands. I drove home with the sun roof and windows open, with a cup of DD, and just felt wonderful and happy.

And now I feel a bit relieved. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. In the months leading up to now I felt so anxious and even frustrated about not being eligible (even though I would have been eligible in other states) and watching how hard it seemed to get an appointment for those who were eligible. I feel so much better now.

FWIW, my vaccine is Pfizer.

Old 04-09-2021, 10:42 AM

Default Covid-19. April 9, 2021: CVS has a few towns showing availability...for now.

Hmmm....I've checked several times this week, even overnights, and CVS in Massachusetts has been fully booked.

But today, I saw several Massachusetts CVS stores with openings, but most are still full.

Stop & Shop in the central Massachusetts zip codes had openings the other day, but none today.

I'm 61, so I had an invitation from my community health center a few weeks ago, so just need to get my second shot in two weeks. I received Moderna and didn't have any effects then or later. (I was a bit tired the next day but probably because I was up for 18 hours the previous day.)

I was still in line on the main Massachusetts appointment site days after my invitation from my health center, so I removed my name from the main site.

Old 04-09-2021, 10:49 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
I've had enough peers and family share enthusiasm on social media that I do think it's a common trend. As more and more family and friends are vaccinated it's almost like a wave of relief over them. I'm actually one of the last in my group to get it.

I was supposed to have my first shot this AM (Pfizer) but had to cancel it a few days ago and am now trying to reschedule it before the April 19th flood gates open. I'm not really one to outwardly show emotion, so for me it would be a bigger wave of relief to not have any symptoms beyond a sore arm. Once i'm past that i'll be fine.

Old 04-09-2021, 10:55 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,209,711 times
Quote:

Hmm..
My daughter got emotional but it was because it was the first time in 21 years of life that she had to get a shot without one of us holding onto her. She is needle phobic and they took her into a separate area with an EMT standing by in case she passed out.

Old 04-09-2021, 10:59 AM

CVS has been releasing blocks of appointments at 6AM. Some groups are bigger than others. If you login to CVS at 5:45AM, you'll see a message stating they are updating their appointments. They release them at 6AM. You'll find that you then go into a queue and it's a mad rush to claim the open spots at the local CVS's.

CVS has done this at other times in the day, but I found the 6AM slot to be the most repeatable. This past Monday, they released a large chunk of appointments. When I booked mine (which I later had to cancel), I found that I had the choice of 4-5 days, and dozens of time slots. They all booked up within 30 mins. You can book only the 2nd appointment through CVS, but as far as I can see they are only doing Pfizer (I could be wrong)

Stop-and-shop released a block at midnight on Wed. I booked someone an appt there as I happened to be up. They seem to be using Moderna there (Edit: Mix of Moderna and J&J). I think you can book the 2nd appointment as well through them.

I've been following "Vaccinetime" on twitter, but find by the time I get the alert, the appt's are gone.

EDIT: After this post I checked CVS's site and was able to book a appt for myself Monday afternoon just down the road from my house. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by BostonMike7; 04-09-2021 at 11:21 AM..

Old 04-09-2021, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
CVS has been releasing blocks of appointments at 6AM. Some groups are bigger than others. If you login to CVS at 5:45AM, you'll see a message stating they are updating their appointments. They release them at 6AM. You'll find that you then go into a queue and it's a mad rush to claim the open spots at the local CVS's.

CVS has done this at other times in the day, but I found the 6AM slot to be the most repeatable. This past Monday, they released a large chunk of appointments. When I booked mine, I found that I had the choice of 4-5 days, and dozens of time slots. They all booked up within 30 mins. You can book only the 2nd appointment through CVS, but as far as I can see they are only doing Pfizer (I could be wrong)

Stop-and-shop released a block at midnight on Wed. I booked someone an appt there as I happened to be up. They seem to be using Moderna there. I think you can book the 2nd appointment as well through them.

I've been following "Vaccinetime" on twitter, but find by the time I get the alert, the appt's are gone.

EDIT: After this post I checked CVS's site and was able to book a appt for myself Monday afternoon just down the road from my house. Thanks for the heads up!
Interesting feedback.

And glad you found an appointment!

A North Quincy Stop & Shop pharmacist yesterday told me which vaccine that location has, but said their Cape locations (some, maybe all?) have another vaccine instead. (Can't recall which vaccines at this point.)

I still assume most will accept whichever vaccine they can get. Or maybe people will get pickier once vaccines are easier to find?

Old 04-09-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:

A North Quincy Stop & Shop pharmacist yesterday told me which vaccine that location has, but said their Cape locations (some, maybe all?) have another vaccine instead. (Can't recall which vaccines at this point.)
I must edit my previous statement. A coworker has just returned from Stop & Shop (Great road, Bedford) and stated that while it was claimed that Moderna would be the vaccine he would be getting, it's actually now J&J. The pharmacist said that some locations have Moderna but most will have the J&J
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts