Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2021, 12:09 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,780,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Far fewer than 50% of 50-64 year olds got the first dose in MA so far, and nobody in that age group got the second dose yet
MA vaccine report says 729k 50-64 have gotten one dose so far. Lots of healthcare workers, lots of teachers, lots of cheaters. That's as of last Tuesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2021, 12:24 PM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
MA vaccine report says 729k 50-64 have gotten one dose so far. Lots of healthcare workers, lots of teachers, lots of cheaters. That's as of last Tuesday.

Okay, so about 50% of middle aged folks have gotten one dose. But outside of healthcare workers etc. special professions, relatively few of 50-64 will get fully vaccinated by the end of this month, ie, mostly only those from the 60-64 group. I got one dose about a week ago, and do not consider myself vaccinated (likely no more immune yet than not being vaccinated at all).

Old 04-11-2021, 12:46 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,284,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
But the infrastructure has been expanding and improving - that's why the numbers being vaccinated per week has been trending up.
The infrastructure is expanding and improving and the volume of vaccines being shipped out is increasing too, isn't it?

Old 04-11-2021, 12:51 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,780,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
The infrastructure is expanding and improving and the volume of vaccines being shipped out is increasing too, isn't it?
Yep, AZ and the incident in Baltimore not withstanding.

Old 04-11-2021, 12:58 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:

The US can vaccinate half the country with flu vaccine every year. This is strictly a supply problem and inefficiencies driven by rationing and not being able to fully distribute injections to every pharmacy and doctor's office. When J&J sorts out their manufacturing disaster, COVID-19 jabs will be like flu shots. I fully expect that my next COVID-19 booster shot will be at the CVS down the street where I usually get my flu shot. If I want the Pfizer vaccine, I might be limited to fewer outlets that do enough volume to use up their vaccine within 5 days of refrigerating it.

Old 04-11-2021, 02:12 PM

12,430 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
I was responding to someone who was saying that because there were difficulties with smaller numbers in the early going, it couldn't go well later with larger numbers - my point was that it's not the same organization and infrastructure now that it was in the early going.

Old 04-11-2021, 02:31 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,321,214 times
Quote:
I was responding to someone who was saying that because there were difficulties with smaller numbers in the early going, it couldn't go well later with larger numbers - my point was that it's not the same organization and infrastructure now that it was in the early going.
I think it was my post. And my response is that while it might not be the same org and infra, the problems seem to persist in at least some parts of the state.

And, even with all of that new org and infra, people are still largely requiring a third-party tool or assistance to get an appointment for something that should be nearly to walk-up availability status at this point. We can sit here like sanctimonious MA folks and wring our hands by saying that the distribution to states wasn't great or we had early challenges or extra high demand or a lower ratio of anti-vaxxers or some other excuse, but the fact remains that we pride ourselves as being the most educated and one of the most advanced states in the US all while watching other states whoop us on rolling out vaccines to their populations.

I prefer to take the stance of making fewer excuses and holding more feet to the fire. How the state handled this was so bleeping laughable that a single engineer on maternity leave single-handedly bested their effort, but yeah I should accept that they got it all sorted out on face value? Until I see MA actually vaccinate everyone by June, I'm not going to gullibly fall for the sunshine and optimism being blown up my backside.

Old 04-11-2021, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
I think it was my post. And my response is that while it might not be the same org and infra, the problems seem to persist in at least some parts of the state.

And, even with all of that new org and infra, people are still largely requiring a third-party tool or assistance to get an appointment for something that should be nearly to walk-up availability status at this point. We can sit here like sanctimonious MA folks and wring our hands by saying that the distribution to states wasn't great or we had early challenges or extra high demand or a lower ratio of anti-vaxxers or some other excuse, but the fact remains that we pride ourselves as being the most educated and one of the most advanced states in the US all while watching other states whoop us on rolling out vaccines to their populations.

I prefer to take the stance of making fewer excuses and holding more feet to the fire. How the state handled this was so bleeping laughable that a single engineer on maternity leave single-handedly bested their effort, but yeah I should accept that they got it all sorted out on face value? Until I see MA actually vaccinate everyone by June, I'm not going to gullibly fall for the sunshine and optimism being blown up my backside.
I was vaccinated last week. I had pre-registered when they opened that up, and about 2 weeks later I got a text offering an appointment the same day. I took it and went down and there was no significant line, everything went smoothly, and before I left I had my appointment for the 2nd dose. At least for me, I really had nothing to complain about - it took little effort, and everything went smoothly.

Old 04-11-2021, 03:55 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,321,214 times
Quote:
I was vaccinated last week. I had pre-registered when they opened that up, and about 2 weeks later I got a text offering an appointment the same day. I took it and went down and there was no significant line, everything went smoothly, and before I left I had my appointment for the 2nd dose. At least for me, I really had nothing to complain about - it took little effort, and everything went smoothly.
I'd say two weeks isn't good. I'm also wondering if you got offered the same-day appointment because of a cancellation, as it seems odd to expect someone to drop their job and run to get it on such short notice. To me, an acceptable system lets me register, it says I'm eligible, and pulls up a list of places and times that I can pick from to schedule. Instead, we play the wait for a text game and hope it meets our schedule.

For every person who had an easy go of it, there's another person who needed help from a friend or a bot to get a spot. There's confusion. We're not going to be showcased as an example of how a state got it together and solved a problem.

Old 04-11-2021, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
I'd say two weeks isn't good. I'm also wondering if you got offered the same-day appointment because of a cancellation, as it seems odd to expect someone to drop their job and run to get it on such short notice. To me, an acceptable system lets me register, it says I'm eligible, and pulls up a list of places and times that I can pick from to schedule. Instead, we play the wait for a text game and hope it meets our schedule.

For every person who had an easy go of it, there's another person who needed help from a friend or a bot to get a spot. There's confusion. We're not going to be showcased as an example of how a state got it together and solved a problem.
Well, people can find something bad in anything I suppose. I also saw people in the same period as me losing their s--- after just one week and going off and saying the system didn't work, oh my God, what were they going to do, blah, blah, blah... The problem is between their ears. I had the same situation and just didn't arbitrarily decide after 1 week that the system wasn't working and then panic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts