Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2021, 03:43 PM

10 posts, read 8,536 times

Advertisements

Does being overweight qualify you to get the vaccine in MA starting Monday? So if you are BMI 25 and literally 1 pound overweight you can get it early? Asking for a friend. ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2021, 04:48 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,780,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof201842 View Post
Does being overweight qualify you to get the vaccine in MA starting Monday? So if you are BMI 25 and literally 1 pound overweight you can get it early? Asking for a friend. ;-)
I doubt they would even interrogate you unless you are skinny (or at least skinny in US terms). If you are close maybe drink some water before going?

Old 04-03-2021, 06:52 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof201842 View Post
It's self-declaration. Just go for it. With general eligibility only 2 weeks away (4/19), it's hardly "cutting the line"!

Old 04-03-2021, 09:33 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,650,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I can buy that. I have allergies and any irritation or cough has always originated from what felt like back of throat irritation. My MIL who has covid twice (and also has allergies) has said the the cough is different and feels like you are trying to eject something from the lungs. It originates deeper. All anecdotal of course, but it sounds plausible.
I had the dry cough back in early March (before the useless lockdowns) and so did many I know. It wasn't anything back, just more annoying than anything. Funny they talked about that then, now don't mention it cause now if you trip on a stair its a covid symptom. Since I got sick (and I barely get sick) I have taken zero precautions and been fine.

I know people with bacteria pneumonia (most likely from excessive mask wearing) and they were trying as hard as can be to declare it covid. I know other friend who always has sinus infections who they said had covid. All of us said BS, just cause of a test not because of any diagnosis from a doctor doing their job.

Old 04-04-2021, 06:58 AM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Just got my second shot of Moderna and waiting for side effects to develop. My arm was sore, swollen, and red, below the place of injection. Iced it and took an ibuprofen. My seasonal allergy has begun as well.
Any case I ready to rock and roll now. Did some yard cleanup in the beautiful sunlight.

Old 04-04-2021, 08:01 AM

17,738 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Any case I ready to rock and roll now.
Congrats on getting your 2nd shot. Please keep in mind, though, that it takes some time before you're considered fully vaccinated. And even being fully vaccinated doesn't necessarily make you invincible.

I'd guess that the people administering the vaccine are fully vaccinated. There is a reason why they are wearing masks and face shields.

Old 04-04-2021, 08:14 AM

279 posts, read 316,905 times
Does anyone know which vaccine Stop & Shop is using? I have an appt in Western Mass. Thanks all!

Old 04-04-2021, 01:22 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Just got my second shot of Moderna and waiting for side effects to develop. My arm was sore, swollen, and red, below the place of injection. Iced it and took an ibuprofen. My seasonal allergy has begun as well.
Any case I ready to rock and roll now. Did some yard cleanup in the beautiful sunlight.
Had my 2nd Moderna shot on Wednesday, and it knocked me for a loop the next day. Fever as high as 102, loss of appetite, extreme fatigue...I literally went to bed at 3 pm and I'm one of those who never takes a nap. Here I am almost 96 hrs later, and while most of the symptoms are gone, still not feeling full strength yet.

Let that not dissuade anyone from getting it...just make sure you're prepared for the day after!

Old 04-04-2021, 02:47 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Had my 2nd Moderna shot on Wednesday, and it knocked me for a loop the next day. Fever as high as 102, loss of appetite, extreme fatigue...I literally went to bed at 3 pm and I'm one of those who never takes a nap. Here I am almost 96 hrs later, and while most of the symptoms are gone, still not feeling full strength yet.

Let that not dissuade anyone from getting it...just make sure you're prepared for the day after!

I got it Wednesday, the 31st as well!. Other than the sore arm, which only bothers me in the evening and responds to icing very well, I have not not had any other problems. I did take naps but Spring and the time change has that effect on me so I don't find that unusual. No temp or headache. Touchwood so far.
I hope you feel better soon.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:56 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Same here, I got it Wednesday. It was a little sore at the injection site, but my arm was fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts