Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2021, 07:59 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,195,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
My point is with those side of natural immunity is that there are those that have this Blind Faith but it's not backed up with anything. If we really wanted to go into the audio of natural immunity would have to have some point testing for it and then people would be against those tests to and just say it's based on Blind Faith and not actual empirical data.

I'm not really bad well-versed in medical signs to know about how much of a vaccine is needed for a person. I know there's a debate about fully vaccinated being two shots or if it includes the booster or not.

At this point I think hybrid and virtual employment is the norm. I don't see any major employers next year demanding that employees all come back in the office at the same time for the whole work week.

The other thing to keep in mind in this is bad when people say there's only a 2% chance of death in the average person one no one is really truly an average and even if it is 2% it's 2% for how many number of exposures. If somebody is constantly exposed and that 2% becomes a factor constantly you know it's going to be erode with time. Let me put it to you this way let's suppose you're playing roulette and it's a double green table. You put your chips on red and black you have a 95% chance of hitting each one as a game it looks stupid because you're not really going to win anything but 5% of the time you're going to lose.

The chance of dying is much higher for people over 60 - it jumps from ~ 5% to 15-25% for really older people.
~2% is averaging

Forget about 95% vs 5% odds for vax vs in-vax - update your data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2021, 08:01 AM

16,412 posts, read 8,215,049 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Are we comparing 2021 covid to a stomach bug?
We can if you’d like to. For ME a stomach bug is worse and I believe others here have said the same. (Newfie mama).

Old 12-18-2021, 08:09 AM

17,743 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
I would prefer COVID over a mosquito bite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
I would rather have covid than a mosquito bite.

Old 12-18-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
The current crop of anti-vaxxers needs a history lesson, not to mention a science lesson.
Most you called ant-vaxxers, are not anti-vaccines really: most of them are concerned with the original non-existing SARS-CoV2 variant based vaccines not sufficiently studied mRNA platform vaccines, which needs repeated multiple applications but not protective of infections and transmission

Stopping the trials not even a year in by unblinding and not tracking the volunteers’ health does not deliver confidence;
The hurried children’s immunization is scary on a whole other level.

If it is all hunky-dory with the vaccines- why we have to wait for data from the original Pfizer trials to be disclosed at a snail pace of 500 pages per month- until 2096?

Last edited by L00k4ward; 12-18-2021 at 08:42 AM..

Old 12-18-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
For ME a stomach bug is worse
You haven't had covid. You don't know how it would affect you.

A 41 year old teacher in Cranston, RI died a couple days ago from covid.

Old 12-18-2021, 08:22 AM

779 posts, read 877,739 times
Quote:
We can if you’d like to. For ME a stomach bug is worse and I believe others here have said the same. (Newfie mama).
Yes, I had covid and it had no effect on me. No short term or long term effects. Transmission is my only consideration, though I did not spread it to my immediate family. I've had a couple of common colds this year that were 10x worse for me than covid. I didn't have a severe reaction to the vaccine, but did have a slight fever, which was also more than I had with covid. But that is just my personal experience.

Last edited by NewfieMama; 12-18-2021 at 08:33 AM..

Old 12-18-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
But, blood clotting was already identified as a risk, albeit an uncommon one, what, 8+ months ago? And they're saying that the risk of death due to blood clotting is higher than estimated earlier, but the current data suggest a rate of 0.57 per million - still extremely low. And the CDC isn't revoking their approval of the J&J vaccine, but they now are saying clearly that the mRNA vaccines, which also have better efficacy, are preferable. Why does this strike you as a big surprise? Honestly, to me, things look very much as they did 8 months ago.
0.57% risk of dying from blood clot seems minuscule overall, but if it is you - it is 100% for you in this case.
Tell it to the 9 y.o daughter - who lost her young healthy Mom ( the coroner said that multiple organs failure starting a day after her second shot couldn’t be tied to a vaccine- ever, for anyone, impossible to prove unless it is anaphylactic shock)
Or that healthy 56 y.o doctor in Miami - where in spite of heroic efforts of his colleagues his platelets could not be restored and who died of massive stroke as a result - right before a life saving surgery could be even attempted

It was 100% risk for them

Old 12-18-2021, 08:26 AM

779 posts, read 877,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Redplum, this is now the second time you've brought this up. Is there a reason you're bothered by my experience with covid and a mosquito bite being worse for me? The feeling I get from you is that if a person isn't sharing a story about how covid nearly killed them, or killed a family member/friend, then you don't feel like it's being taken seriously enough.

ETA: I was wrong--I now see this is the third time you've brought this up?

Last edited by NewfieMama; 12-18-2021 at 08:35 AM..

Old 12-18-2021, 08:29 AM

I believe a woman in Swansea had a stroke from the J&J vaccine.

Old 12-18-2021, 08:33 AM

Quote:
At this point in my life I don’t think covid would make me all that sick. I have seen obese people in their 60s who smoke and are generally unhealthy get covid last year and they recovered and never became that sick.

I could get hit by a car today as well
Actually, there is a crazy theory that smoking is protective against Covid, due to lungs being damage- not as many receptors?

How could I wish we did more research and studies instead of
“blindly follow the crowd” and put all eggs in one basket ( with holes in it)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts