Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2021, 09:24 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,198,142 times

Advertisements

More studies like this, please.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2114583

Why people who want boosters have to wait exactly 180 days?

“A decrease in anti-spike (S) antibody levels by a factor of two was observed from the peak (at 21 to 40 days) to 84 days after receipt of the second dose of the BNT162b2 vaccine among 197 vaccinated persons.”

These mRNA vaccines seem to affect everyone differently - it could be less than 3 months of protection?

“CONCLUSIONS
Six months after receipt of the second dose of the BNT162b2 vaccine, humoral response was substantially decreased, especially among men, among persons 65 years of age or older, and among persons with immunosuppression.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2021, 09:35 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,198,142 times
Snapshot hospitalized in MA, Dec 17 data.

Compare to the last year when we already had Delta as dominant- very substantial increase?
Does anyone have the data on how many are boosted currently in MA?

Last edited by L00k4ward; 03-22-2022 at 05:18 AM..

Old 12-18-2021, 09:35 AM

5,118 posts, read 2,677,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
I can't with this. It feels desperate on your part. There are a wide spectrum of outcomes when it comes to covid ranging from death to no symptoms. A small % die. The majority have no symptoms. Both of these things can be true without minimizing one or the other. That's what data people are looking at when they make decisions about risks.
You will never be able to have honest intellectual discourse with an opponent whose ultimate goal is to not discuss and have a give and take on the situation, but to delude themselves into believing they are morally righteous. Make no mistake, that's the goal with this and a few others here. Non-starter.

Old 12-18-2021, 09:40 AM

23,619 posts, read 18,749,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post

Compare to the last year when we already had Delta as dominant- very substantial increase?

Delta was not dominant last year (or in existence for that matter?)...what are you even talking about dude???

Old 12-18-2021, 09:51 AM

4,672 posts, read 4,986,842 times
Quote:

Google says 17.6% of the US population, so if that's accurate, then I'd presume more than 17.6% of people in Massachusetts have taken a booster.

It is false, though, that Delta was dominant last year. As massnative71 pointed out, it wasn't here.

The number of people hospitalized across the US, again per Google, is about half of what it was at this time last year, so blaming a year-over-year increase in one state on Delta wouldn't wash.

EDIT: I noticed something: the snapshot posted a couple posts prior to mine is "ICU capacity," not hospitalizations. If you look at hospitalization numbers from the same source, hospitalizations in Mass. are NOT higher than they were last year, so I don't want my post to imply that they are.

Last edited by tribecavsbrowns; 12-18-2021 at 10:39 AM..

Old 12-18-2021, 11:23 AM

6,139 posts, read 5,111,368 times
Quote:
Most you called ant-vaxxers, are not anti-vaccines really: most of them are concerned with the original non-existing SARS-CoV2 variant based vaccines not sufficiently studied mRNA platform vaccines, which needs repeated multiple applications but not protective of infections and transmission
I accept that there may be concern, but not all concern is rational. I would any day place my trust in scientists who have made this their life's work and earned the credentials, vs. random Internet skeptics.

And life is a series of tradeoffs after all--nothing is 100% or zero risk. It's about doing what you can to minimize risk, not only for the individual, but for all of us.

Old 12-18-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I accept that there may be concern, but not all concern is rational. I would any day place my trust in scientists who have made this their life's work and earned the credentials, vs. random Internet skeptics.

And life is a series of tradeoffs after all--nothing is 100% or zero risk. It's about doing what you can to minimize risk, not only for the individual, but for all of us.
Do you? When have you ever made a post showing any acceptance of someone's concern that the narrative is not what it's said to be?

And life is not about minimizing one risk; it's about assessing and balancing multiple risks at the same time. If you don't understand that, then maybe that's why you're reflexively dismissing so many posts that express any skepticism about the risk-minimization narrative.

Old 12-18-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Do you? When have you ever made a post showing any acceptance of someone's concern that the narrative is not what it's said to be?

And life is not about minimizing one risk; it's about assessing and balancing multiple risks at the same time. If you don't understand that, then maybe that's why you're reflexively dismissing so many posts that express any skepticism about the risk-minimization narrative.
Thought you had me on ignore? Looks like rational thought & logic does get under your skin.

Old 12-18-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Thought you had me on ignore? Looks like rational thought & logic does get under your skin.
I was trying to remember why I put you on ignore. That's right, it's cause you can't or won't answer simple questions. Back on ignore now; thanks for reminding me!

Old 12-18-2021, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I was trying to remember why I put you on ignore. That's right, it's cause you can't or won't answer simple questions. Back on ignore now; thanks for reminding me!
Neither did you. I believe I had asked whether you had had your full course of mandated vaccinations, in order to attend school in Ohio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts