Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2021, 09:04 AM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times

Advertisements

Perhaps it will change things. I remember feeling anxious and annoyed when people were in the office, train stores, really anywhere sick. I certainly didn't want to get sick from whoever the sick person was...and then when I get sick I take it home to my household.

I guess it irks me to see the people who were ok with showing up to birthday parties and letting everyone know oh we were up two nights ago all night with a stomach bug...good to see you though! being so paranoid about covid for 2 years now. These same people are posting pics of themselves wearing masks and getting vaxxed and they seem like even more assh*les to me now

We have barely seen my DH's brother and SIL because of covid because they're extremely anxious people now but they were the same people showing up with their nasty illnesses to places pre covid. I'm actually glad i dont have to see them. If anything good came out of covid it's that! ha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2021, 09:29 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
The COVID enthusiasts are going to be disappointed with this news:

South Africa Hospitalization Rate Plunges 91% in Omicron Wave

"We have seen a decrease in a proportion of people who need to be on oxygen. They are at very low levels,” said Waasila Jassat, a researcher with the NICD. “For the first time there are more non-severe than severe patients in hospital."
Disappointed? Far from it. I hope this is real, and if Omicron takes over as the dominant strain in the US, we see a similar trend in severity.

Old 12-17-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
CNN and local news is reporting that the flu vaccine is not very effective against the prevalent strain of flu! So another vaccine that isnt doing its job. CDC says around 700,000 people are hospitalized with the flu every yr. So more overloaded hospitals and it wont be all covid.
You wouldn't be alive today if vaccines didn't do their job, and if you hadn't been (against your will) vaccinated as a child. Just because vaccines are not 100% effective (tell me what is, by the way) is a totally BS reason to reject them outright.

Old 12-17-2021, 10:19 AM

7,927 posts, read 7,818,729 times
If vaccines didn't work how did we get rid of the severity and spread of most contagious diseases? Polio, small pox, measles etc.

Old 12-17-2021, 10:34 AM

9,885 posts, read 7,217,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
CNN and local news is reporting that the flu vaccine is not very effective against the prevalent strain of flu! So another vaccine that isnt doing its job. CDC says around 700,000 people are hospitalized with the flu every yr. So more overloaded hospitals and it wont be all covid.
Let's read the whole story - it's not that effective against one of the 4 strains it was designed for. H3N2 is the most prevalent but it also mutated in the recent past hence the vaccine being less effective. The flu shot is an educated guess based on what has been happening around the world and it takes 6 months to deliver those vaccines. Some years it's great, some year's not so much.

Old 12-17-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
If vaccines didn't work how did we get rid of the severity and spread of most contagious diseases? Polio, small pox, measles etc.
The current crop of anti-vaxxers needs a history lesson, not to mention a science lesson.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:12 AM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
The current crop of anti-vaxxers needs a history lesson, not to mention a science lesson.
You don’t have to be an anti vaxxer to be pissed off that you got the vaccine and still got covid. I think many have lost faith in the vaccines. Anyone who is sick with covid now and was vaxxed likely doesn’t want to get a lecture in science. They’ve heard it.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:33 AM

12,451 posts, read 9,540,640 times
Quote:
Disappointed? Far from it. I hope this is real, and if Omicron takes over as the dominant strain in the US, we see a similar trend in severity.
In a perfect world, everyone would get vaccinated. But this is the real world, and those who aren't already vaccinated are (nearly all) highly resistant to the idea. So if Omicron can sweep through and infect all of them, while killing very few and conferring useful immunity, it may be the next best thing to vaccination for those refuseniks.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:35 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
In a perfect world, everyone would get vaccinated. But this is the real world, and those who aren't already vaccinated are (nearly all) highly resistant to the idea. So if Omicron can sweep through and infect all of them, while killing very few and conferring immunity, it may be the next best thing to vaccination for those refuseniks.
It would only be the "next best thing" if you had a personal investment in the success of the vaccines. For everyone else, it would be equally as good. We just want the f***ing thing done with.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:48 AM

199 posts, read 67,448 times
Quote:
Anti smallpox vaccine pamphlet from 1885 makes the following claims:

DO NOT BE ALARMED BY THE SMALL-POX
  1. “Vaccination does not prevent Small-pox in any cases”.
  2. Vaccination causes diseases, ”Many children are killed outright, and thousands have their health ruined by it”.
  3. “Vaccination does not lessen the severity or the fatality of Small-pox. The proportion of Vaccinated persons who have Small-pox has steadily increases as Vaccination has been extended – and the number of deaths in proportion to the cases is the same as ever. In the past epidemic in London, 92 percent, were in persons who had been Vaccinated or Re-vaccinated.
  4. The proper and only safeguard required against Small-Pox is pure air, cleanliness, and temperance. Observing these three conditions, no one need have the slightest fear of contagion. Vaccination only increases the risk.”
  5. The medical profession is profiting out of the vaccination
  6. Forcing vaccination is an “outrage on personal liberty”
  7. List of Doctors who oppose vaccination with anecdotal reports of the vaccine making things worse.

Sounds familiar?

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?...view=1up&seq=5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts