Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2021, 08:35 AM

17,759 posts, read 9,208,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
Redplum, this is now the second time you've brought this up. Is there a reason you're bothered by my experience with covid and a mosquito bite being worse for me? The feeling I get from you is that if a person isn't sharing a story about how covid nearly killed them, or killed a family member/friend, then you don't feel like it's being taken seriously enough.
45 people in MA died yesterday from covid. You are sending an irresponsible message and trivializing a deadly virus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2021, 08:46 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,196,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
You haven't had covid. You don't know how it would affect you.

A 41 year old teacher in Cranston, RI died a couple days ago from covid.
There are studies that allege that around 17% of all population is really susceptible to a serious or grave danger as a result of their undiagnosed and rare genetic mutation- during their lifetime relating to mast cells

Again, if we not build or cell a couple of our advanced weapons systems- we may finance such studies and work on protecting those of us who has it

Old 12-18-2021, 08:49 AM

23,598 posts, read 18,730,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
0.57% risk of dying from blood clot seems minuscule overall, but if it is you - it is 100% for you in this case.
Tell it to the 9 y.o daughter - who lost her young healthy Mom ( the coroner said that multiple organs failure starting a day after her second shot couldn’t be tied to a vaccine- ever, for anyone, impossible to prove unless it is anaphylactic shock)
Or that healthy 56 y.o doctor in Miami - where in spite of heroic efforts of his colleagues his platelets could not be restored and who died of massive stroke as a result - right before a life saving surgery could be even attempted

It was 100% risk for them

First of all, .57 per million is not .57%. It's .000057%.

The rest of your argument...we can find cases of people sliding off the road into a lake and being trapped inside by their seat belt. I don't see a lot of people arguing against seat belt usage, in spite of that. Why would one fixate on these extreme outlier examples in the case of vaccination to Covid?

Old 12-18-2021, 08:50 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,196,520 times
Bad news:Omicron is not mild- similar to Delta but much more infectious

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...ys-2021-12-17/

"We find no evidence (for both risk of hospitalisation attendance and symptom status) of Omicron having different severity from Delta," the study said, although it added that data on hospitalisations remains very limited.

"Controlling for vaccine status, age, sex, ethnicity, asymptomatic status, region and specimen date, Omicron was associated with a 5.4-fold higher risk of reinfection compared with Delta," the study, which was dated Dec. 16, added.

Old 12-18-2021, 08:53 AM

779 posts, read 878,005 times
Quote:
45 people in MA died yesterday from covid. You are sending an irresponsible message and trivializing a deadly virus.
I can't with this. It feels desperate on your part. There are a wide spectrum of outcomes when it comes to covid ranging from death to no symptoms. A small % die. The majority have no symptoms. Both of these things can be true without minimizing one or the other. That's what data people are looking at when they make decisions about risks.

Old 12-18-2021, 08:55 AM

17,759 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
Redplum, this is now the second time you've brought this up. Is there a reason you're bothered by my experience with covid and a mosquito bite being worse for me?
Your fangirl msRB311 thinks she's invincible due to your irresponsible comments. How many other people feel the same? People could die or get long covid if they rely on the message you're putting out there.

Old 12-18-2021, 08:59 AM

12,470 posts, read 9,550,156 times
Quote:
Bad news:Omicron is not mild- similar to Delta but much more infectious

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...ys-2021-12-17/

"We find no evidence (for both risk of hospitalisation attendance and symptom status) of Omicron having different severity from Delta," the study said, although it added that data on hospitalisations remains very limited.

"Controlling for vaccine status, age, sex, ethnicity, asymptomatic status, region and specimen date, Omicron was associated with a 5.4-fold higher risk of reinfection compared with Delta," the study, which was dated Dec. 16, added.
Hmmmm, there have been some other early assessments that found it to be more mild. I sure hope this conclusion doesn't represent how it will play out here...

Old 12-18-2021, 09:09 AM

12,470 posts, read 9,550,156 times
Quote:
0.57% risk of dying from blood clot seems minuscule overall, but if it is you - it is 100% for you in this case.
Tell it to the 9 y.o daughter - who lost her young healthy Mom ( the coroner said that multiple organs failure starting a day after her second shot couldn’t be tied to a vaccine- ever, for anyone, impossible to prove unless it is anaphylactic shock)
Or that healthy 56 y.o doctor in Miami - where in spite of heroic efforts of his colleagues his platelets could not be restored and who died of massive stroke as a result - right before a life saving surgery could be even attempted

It was 100% risk for them
For the record, it's not 0.57 per cent (per 100), it's 0.57 per million (per 1,000,000)... very low

Old 12-18-2021, 09:09 AM

10,029 posts, read 15,679,858 times
Quote:
All she's doing is commenting on her own experience. Some people just don't have any symptoms. I know someone like that myself.

Old 12-18-2021, 09:14 AM

779 posts, read 878,005 times
Quote:
Your fangirl msRB311 thinks she's invincible due to your irresponsible comments. How many other people feel the same? People could die or get long covid if they rely on the message you're putting out there.
My comments are about my personal experience, I'm not claiming that it's anybody else's experience. I'm not claiming anybody should take any risks they aren't comfortable with? Not once have I told anybody on this board what they should do--I'm the opposite. This entire time I've been a proponent of looking at the data and making a decision that works for you.

Also, msRB311 is fully vaccinated, so I don't think I have anything to do with why she feels like she's likely not going to have life-threatening symptoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts