Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2020, 02:00 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,187,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
It’s ignorant to say parents are using schools as daycare. Obviously we will all have to make due but yes when parents had their kids I’m pretty sure most of them though and yep someday they’ll go to school. Some parents use free public schools, some pay 50k a year for kindergarten. Either way school has been a thing for a while now. Absolutely absurd to start accusing parents of using it as daycare. I’m sure parents didn’t imagine themselves on zoom calls with kids asking for things in the background. Or just having their kids home 24/7 in general. Anyhoo it sounds like school will be back in the fall in the classroom.
You've made it very clear that your kids are driving you up the wall. You've also said that you find it very difficult to work from home with your kids around. Nobody is pulling this stuff out of thin air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 02:00 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,779,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Stop it with your ridiculous hyperbole. Millions of people will still be working at home, even in September, and far beyond. You're really not getting the employment trends of the past few years, sped up by COVID this year.
Boston would be absolutely screwed if you are right. Even if just the students stay away, Boston's going to have serious problems.

There's going to be pretty serious budget cuts no matter what, but if you aren't going to do in person classes you may as well furlough the teachers and staff to conserve cash because the kids aren't going to learn anything.

Old 07-22-2020, 02:06 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
It’s ignorant to say parents are using schools as daycare.

You mean that isn't what you're intending? That's not how you represent it here.

Old 07-22-2020, 02:19 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times
So you think it’s fine and dandy for parents to keep kids home for another 4 months, educate them for 6 hours a day while trying to do their own jobs?

I’m actually happy that I’ve been able to work from home. I don’t miss being in the office at all. I love spending time with my kids and am grateful that I get to see them more. I’ve said before I’ll be fine if school is closed. And yes my kids do sometimes get on my nerves. Any parent who says their kids don’t annoy them from time to time is lying. I’m just shocked by people’s attitudes here who seem to think it will be no big deal is school ends up being completely remote. I think you’re all living in a fantasy world and are failing to understand the lives of other people. So again I don’t really even care if school is closed because I’m lucky in that I don’t have anywhere to be and neither does my husband. I’m again just kind of disgusted that people here want to keep schools closed out of fear. Possibly Helping a small fraction of people but really screwing up the lives of pretty much everyone else. Even if schools closes then ok you save a teachers life. What about Peoples parents who have to go to work in a nursing home or to drive an Uber to pay the bills. They’ll still be going to work regardless of whether kids are at home or in school and could still get corona.

Last edited by Bridge781; 07-22-2020 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: J

Old 07-22-2020, 02:23 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
You've made it very clear that your kids are driving you up the wall. You've also said that you find it very difficult to work from home with your kids around. Nobody is pulling this stuff out of thin air.
Do you have young kids while you’re trying to work from home ?

I absolutely understand why some parents want school to open. And if schools close you can bet your butt that any company who wanted employees back in the fall won’t be getting them. If schools are closed then offices should be too.

Old 07-22-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I’m again just kind of disgusted that people here want to keep schools closed out of fear.
All I see is a total lack of empathy. It's bordering psychopathic. Have you no conscience at all?

Old 07-22-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
If schools are closed then offices should be too.

If an employer can't provide a safe workplace? Absolutely. 6' separation. 7' partitions. HEPA ventilation. There's no way in the world I'd sit in an office for 9 hours every day that didn't have those. With the open office fad, employers have 120 square feet per employee and no partitions. That isn't safe. No employer is going to risk the wrongful death suits.

Old 07-22-2020, 03:05 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
All I see is a total lack of empathy. It's bordering psychopathic. Have you no conscience at all?
Um you are the one that is lacking in empathy!! It’s like you want parents to suffer. You sound nuts.

Old 07-22-2020, 03:18 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Um you are the one that is lacking in empathy!! It’s like you want parents to suffer. You sound nuts.
Not a single person has said or implied they want any parents to suffer. Not once.

Old 07-22-2020, 03:24 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,779,566 times
Numbers actually bad for once. Hospitalizations went up two days in a row now. There's always going to be the threat that the immunity would wear off. Still nothing to be concerned about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
You mean that isn't what you're intending? That's not how you represent it here.
Daycare is part of the job description, whether teachers like it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts