Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2023, 09:48 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
However, my brother, who got Covid in April of '20, was in the hospital for months, in a coma on a ventilator, has never fully recovered from the experience. He is permanently disabled from his experience with Covid.
This is scary and terrible. I feel for people like your brother whose lives have been altered by this virus.

However, my first hand experience with people claiming long Covid leads me to believe that many of them would be better treated by a psychologist.

I went trough my 2nd bout with Covid last month. I’m still going stuff out of my lungs. It does suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2023, 10:00 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,284,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
This is scary and terrible. I feel for people like your brother whose lives have been altered by this virus.

However, my first hand experience with people claiming long Covid leads me to believe that many of them would be better treated by a psychologist.

I went trough my 2nd bout with Covid last month. I’m still going stuff out of my lungs. It does suck.
So you think that these peoples' issues are all in their heads? That's pretty dismissive of you.

Old 01-23-2023, 10:12 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
So you think that these peoples' issues are all in their heads? That's pretty dismissive of you.
Not all (thought I made that clear), but there is strong evidence that there an element of this. We are seeing plenty of other behavioral phenomenon driven by social (and traditional media). Talk to a mental health professional and then tell me who is being dismissive.

Old 01-23-2023, 12:26 PM

6,129 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
To the bolded, I think that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines caused a major mitigation of the strength and ferocity of the virus. That theoretically should have been explained but that would have been too complex for a large portion of the population.

Other than that I largely agree with your post. I put my actions where my words were by getting vaccinated and boosted as follows:
  1. First vaccine March 2, 2021 at the Javits Center in NYC;
  2. Second vaccine March 23, 2021 at the Javits Center in NYC;
  3. First booster October 27, 2021 in White Plains;
  4. Second booster May 27, 2022 in Valhalla;
  5. Covid (asymptomatic positive) September 2-15, 2022 - delayed third booster;
  6. Third booster January 7, 2023 at CVS in White Plains.
I have been working full blast in my company's law office since June 2, 2020, mostly unmasked.
Wow, your timings are almost identical to mine (however, I've never tested positive). How did you qualify for the third booster (Jan 2023)?

Old 01-23-2023, 12:43 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Wow, your timings are almost identical to mine (however, I've never tested positive). How did you qualify for the third booster (Jan 2023)?
Between 3 1/2 months and four months after testing negative on September 15, 2022.

Old 01-23-2023, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Between 3 1/2 months and four months after testing negative on September 15, 2022.
Ah, sorry missed that part...I read it as you got a booster in Sept and another one this month. Understood.

Old 01-23-2023, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Ah, sorry missed that part...I read it as you got a booster in Sept and another one this month. Understood.
I should have handled Numeral 5 separately. The important part of when I tested positive was aside from a few sniffles on September 3, I had absolutely no symptoms. I tested on September 9 since the people around me were getting mildly sick and/or tested positive. That is really the point with this pandemic; it has spread so widely because of asymptomatic carriers who have no reason to get tested or believe they are hurting anyone.

Old 01-23-2023, 01:43 PM

Quote:
I should have handled Numeral 5 separately. The important part of when I tested positive was aside from a few sniffles on September 3, I had absolutely no symptoms. I tested on September 9 since the people around me were getting mildly sick and/or tested positive. That is really the point with this pandemic; it has spread so widely because of asymptomatic carriers who have no reason to get tested or believe they are hurting anyone.
Good point. And there are still those who question whether asymptomatic transmission is possible.

Old 01-23-2023, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Good point. And there are still those who question whether asymptomatic transmission is possible.
I assume that it is the majority of transmissions. I'm including in that category those whose "symptoms" are as mild as hay fever.

Old 01-23-2023, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Not all (thought I made that clear), but there is strong evidence that there an element of this. We are seeing plenty of other behavioral phenomenon driven by social (and traditional media). Talk to a mental health professional and then tell me who is being dismissive.
I reluctantly agree with you. I was having some issues of that kind when the events I described below happened:

Quote:
When I was turning 20 and in college in March 1977 I had a moderately bad case of the flu, and a distressingly long recovery, plagued by significant depression, possibly exacerbated by Tylenol with Codeine to control a rather bad cough. Would we now call that "long influenza"? I suspect many diseases hang around for a while.

Also, when I get a cold, I will have bad congestion, then apparent ending, and then a relapse of a few days. I just think that's what viruses do. I haven't had a bacterial infection in a long time, possibly since I had strep throat when I was three.
I will absolutely admit to having some depression issues and a certain lack of friendships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts