Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2023, 08:55 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,285,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
When someone wears it when walking outside alone or driving alone, it's clearly a visual signal. Even in synagogue the synagogue "president" is masked when sitting 12 feet away from the nearest person on the beema (sp) or pulpit area, then unmasks at the end of services to read the announcements of upcoming activities.
If I see someone driving with one on, I just assume that they are doing errands and it's easier to keep it on rather than pulling it off and putting it back on again at each store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2023, 11:57 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
If I see someone driving with one on, I just assume that they are doing errands and it's easier to keep it on rather than pulling it off and putting it back on again at each store.
Of course. I'm often driving around town with a mask on. Definitely not doing it to look good. I do it because it's a pain in the neck to take the mask off and on at every single stop I have to make.

Old 03-02-2023, 12:13 PM

18,728 posts, read 33,402,036 times
^^
Add in glasses, hearing aids and earrings and it's like getting ready for D-Day to do errands.

Old 03-03-2023, 08:03 AM

1,541 posts, read 1,127,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
3 years ago, it was seen as weird to wear a mask for non-work related day-to-day activity if you didn’t live in Asia. It certainly won’t catch on here like it has there, but I’m sure there are more people who will throw one on now.
Yes there were signs about wearing a mask when feeling ill for public health reasons in Taiwan when I visited 12 years ago. I'm glad it's becoming more popular here.

Old 03-03-2023, 10:30 AM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
I noticed a few people wearing masks on my fight including a mother and father who put a mask on a kid who looked 3 or 4. The mother was nursing a baby who was obviously not masked. They took their masks off to eat/drink. What really is the point? Not to mention that the mother was probably squiring particles of breastmilk into the air for everyone.

On a plane for 3 hours if you're going to be taking the mask on and off what really is the point? I think you have to expect that if you get on a plane you will be inhaling the germs others.

Old 03-03-2023, 11:44 AM

12,873 posts, read 22,040,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
^^
Add in glasses, hearing aids and earrings and it's like getting ready for D-Day to do errands.
My father who was pretty staunchly anti-mask (constantly complained about having to wear one) during the height of COVID was in this camp (minus the earrings). He wore his alone in the car or walking outside because it was far easier than taking it on/off because of the hearing aids and the glasses (and sometimes a hat). Maybe there are some "virtue singalers" out there just putting on a show, but I'd wager most people walking outside or driving alone with a mask on are doing it because it's easier than getting it on/off repeatedly or they just aren't that bothered by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplexsimon View Post
Yes there were signs about wearing a mask when feeling ill for public health reasons in Taiwan when I visited 12 years ago. I'm glad it's becoming more popular here.
Definitely. I sometimes felt like I was being rude by not wearing one on crowded train in Tokyo or Shanghai long before COVID.

Old 03-05-2023, 02:01 PM

943 posts, read 410,552 times
The culling of the elderly continues. 4 deaths at one facility in huge outbreak - only 1 death prior to this.
https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/...-nursing-home/

Old 03-05-2023, 02:34 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
The culling of the elderly continues. 4 deaths at one facility in huge outbreak - only 1 death prior to this.
https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/...-nursing-home/
So are they to sleep with the masks on in the nursing home ? Think how foolish this has become .

Old 04-11-2023, 11:00 AM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Biden ends COVID national emergency after Congress acts

"WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. national emergency to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic ended Monday as President Joe Biden signed a bipartisan congressional resolution to bring it to a close after three years — weeks before it was set to expire alongside a separate public health emergency."

"More than 1.13 million people in the U.S. have died from COVID-19 over the last three years, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, including 1,773 people in the week ending April 5."

Old 04-11-2023, 11:51 AM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
^ Will this decision affect WFH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts