Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2023, 07:51 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,556,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
This would not only be news to the medical professionals who've been wearing masks for decades, but if it were even partly true, they would be the sickest individuals on the planet.

Honestly can't believe we're still litigating this BS 3 yrs after the onset of a pandemic that's killed 4 million people worldwide. We should all be thankful Covid wasn't something a lot more gruesome and fatal like Ebola. Half the conspiratorial nutsos would be dead in the time spent arguing about whether Ebola was real or not.
I'm very frightened of ebola. When I heard about cases in the United States I got paranoid about ebola. There was a danish study I think how masks don't work. Medical professionals used masks in surgery not because of viruses but to prevent saliva and particles getting into the body
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2023, 08:04 AM

17,774 posts, read 9,221,778 times
tenant, if masks don't do anything, explain why the flu was virtually nonexistent when masks were required.

Old 08-23-2023, 08:10 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,556,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
tenant, if masks don't do anything, explain why the flu was virtually nonexistent when masks were required.
Very easy do you think the flu went away? The flu was labeled as COVID cases . They wanted to increase COVID numbers so they labeled flu cases as COVID. Wouldn't you know they have the same symptoms

Old 08-23-2023, 08:18 AM

6,139 posts, read 5,111,368 times
I've been one of those who still masks religiously on airplanes (KN95) and in supermarkets / malls (surgical). I even got a "thumbs up" from someone at Market Basket the other day, as she was putting on her own mask!

Old 08-23-2023, 08:24 AM

37,119 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Very easy do you think the flu went away? The flu was labeled as COVID cases . They wanted to increase COVID numbers so they labeled flu cases as COVID. Wouldn't you know they have the same symptoms
Nope. There are specific tests to discriminate between flu and covid.

Old 08-23-2023, 08:24 AM

17,774 posts, read 9,221,778 times
Quote:
When tested for covid, the flu does not produce a positive result for covid.

Old 08-23-2023, 08:34 AM

16,430 posts, read 8,242,983 times
Default re

If it means I don't have to spend the holidays with certain family members bring it on

Old 08-23-2023, 08:49 AM

9,109 posts, read 6,329,862 times
Quote:
It's going to really suck when these mandates come back. We shall see if they are less welcomed. I like your signature. It's good to know someone else in mass knows about the wef. I don't think I can take these mandates a second time. COVID is a cold and yet some forum members still want to shame others for not wanting to wear a mask on a plane. We live in a sick world.

One thing this COVID nonsense taught me is not to take my freedom for granted. Freedom is more important than safety.
I haven't lived in Mass since 2012. I crossed the northern border for good during summer of that year. Other than the first 3 to 6 month of the pandemic in 2020, mandates in New Hampshire were never as strict as they were in Mass.

Old 08-23-2023, 10:03 AM

959 posts, read 541,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I haven't lived in Mass since 2012. I crossed the northern border for good during summer of that year. Other than the first 3 to 6 month of the pandemic in 2020, mandates in New Hampshire were never as strict as they were in Mass.
I live in Massachusetts. We travel to New Hampshire during summers for weekends.
There absolutely were measures in 2020. Strictness varied, just like in Massachusetts.

In May 2020 we were not allowed to park and attend Hampton beach. In White Mountains there were restrictions on visiting various outdoor places too. Masks were required for some trails. You had to book times to attend some outdoor places like Lost River for example. There were many more, I just do not remember all.

Maine downright was not allowing Massachusetts residents for some time.

Old 08-23-2023, 10:14 AM

12,873 posts, read 22,050,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
Maine downright was not allowing Massachusetts residents for some time.
I remember this. My father was living in ME at the time and it was chaos. He still had MA plates on his car and had people yelling at him in public and even throwing stuff at his car. It got to the point where he would just drive into town with a neighbor to avoid it all. Another of his neighbors who is from MA and wasn't living there, but had gone up to "escape" had a few people cut down a tree across her driveway so she couldn't leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts