Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2023, 06:09 PM

3,627 posts, read 1,851,774 times

Advertisements

Honestly, I think people should be more concerned with what they're putting in their bodies like all the colorants, additives and artificial flavorings in a lot of foods. That's something to really be concerned about now.....but nope...people keep loading up on all those little Debbie snacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2023, 06:16 PM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
It's hard for me to wrap my head around why people are still so scared of covid to the point of wearing a mask but no one seems to care about getting other air born illnesses ?
Because the other stuff is nowhere near equivalent.

Old 08-21-2023, 06:19 PM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Honestly, I think people should be more concerned with what they're putting in their bodies like all the colorants, additives and artificial flavorings in a lot of foods. That's something to really be concerned about now.....but nope...people keep loading up on all those little Debbie snacks.
There are people who appear to be obsessed with this on Instagram. I follow some vegan people who seem to eat only anything that is natural (supposedly). But you're right in that it's useless to wear a mask on a walk then go eat crap food or drinks. Who cares about heart disease or obesity as long as you don't get covid.

Old 08-21-2023, 06:20 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Because the other stuff is nowhere near equivalent.
Getting a stomach virus, flu or strep throat can be pretty darn bad.

Old 08-21-2023, 06:24 PM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
But you're right in that it's useless to wear a mask on a walk then go eat crap food or drinks. Who cares about heart disease or obesity as long as you don't get covid.
Those are the people who should wear masks. Same with smokers. They are high risk for severe covid due to their lifestyle choices.

Old 08-21-2023, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Those are the people who should wear masks. Same with smokers. They are high risk for severe covid due to their lifestyle choices.
Hence why I said food choices should be more of a concern for people right now. If they can improve those choices, they can improve their overall health and less risk of being severely impacted by a virus like Covid.

Old 08-21-2023, 09:22 PM

959 posts, read 539,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Hence why I said food choices should be more of a concern for people right now. If they can improve those choices, they can improve their overall health and less risk of being severely impacted by a virus like Covid.
They are often different sets/types of people.

Most people I see in masks are pretty fit.

On the other hand people rather discuss people who wear masks or are religious dieters than people who are grossly overweight and continue consumption of high in fat and sugar food.

Now I don’t think it’s good idea to discuss anybody’s personal choices, but if we are at it… what is worse?

Old 08-22-2023, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
They are often different sets/types of people.

Most people I see in masks are pretty fit.

On the other hand people rather discuss people who wear masks or are religious dieters than people who are grossly overweight and continue consumption of high in fat and sugar food.

Now I don’t think it’s good idea to discuss anybody’s personal choices, but if we are at it… what is worse?
Well, that brings up another good point. Everything is so backwards, the folks who are obese are the ones who probably should be wearing the masks and the ones who are wearing them likely would be just fine without (unless they are immunocompromised of course)

Old 08-22-2023, 04:40 AM

What a generalization to say that most people you see wearing masks are generally pretty fit.

Most people I see wearing masks are when driving through places like Roxbury and mattapan.

Old 08-22-2023, 07:01 AM

959 posts, read 539,979 times
Quote:
What a generalization to say that most people you see wearing masks are generally pretty fit.

Most people I see wearing masks are when driving through places like Roxbury and mattapan.

Two crocodiles flew one blue the other to Africa.

What did you want to say?

I do not drive through Roxbury or Mattpan often so I do not have your insights. I suppose more people died there due to higher density and they are still scared.

I describing my observations, including during my travels to other places in US and outside.

Last edited by BruinsGirl; 08-22-2023 at 07:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts