Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2023, 02:27 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I wouldn't call an 18-24 month closure of schools "pretty soon."
Again...MA may have been more conservative / cautious in this regard. Far cry from imputing motives around "control" and "subjugation".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2023, 02:49 PM

959 posts, read 539,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I wouldn't call an 18-24 month closure of schools "pretty soon."
Most schools at least in suburbs were back to school at least in hybrid mode by late Fall 2020

In our town

Quote:
October 20, 2020

Dear Community,

It has been delightful to welcome students in grades 2, 3, and 6 as part of cohort A yesterday and today. We also look forward to welcoming these grades for cohort B on Thursday, and eagerly anticipate hybrid students in grades 4-5 and 7-8 next week. We also look forward to welcoming students back to High School!

Old 08-20-2023, 06:44 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Again...MA may have been more conservative / cautious in this regard. Far cry from imputing motives around "control" and "subjugation".
someone could a boot on your face and you would not call it control. I think many during covid had Stockholm syndrome. there was a mass psychosis.

Old 08-20-2023, 07:41 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
someone could a boot on your face and you would not call it control. I think many during covid had Stockholm syndrome. there was a mass psychosis.
Your whole premise has no merit. Control to what end? Get their jollies for 12 months? You've yet to give us a credible reason for this "control" beyond common sense public health measures.

Old 08-20-2023, 07:41 PM

Yeah.. please compare it with to yellow stars during Holocaust.. we so need it.

Our healthcare is not socialized so when hospitals are overrun it cost pretty penny. They just tried to avoid it. But really there was nothing remotely close to what happened in many other countries.

Old 08-20-2023, 08:43 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Your whole premise has no merit. Control to what end? Get their jollies for 12 months? You've yet to give us a credible reason for this "control" beyond common sense public health measures.
If you know about history governments always want more power. The mandates did not make sense. Let's say the masks work it's still dumb passengers on planes took their masks off to eat. It defeats the purpose. When going to a restaurant you wear a mask for 30 seconds until you are seated then you take it off. I guess if you are standing the virus spreads but if you're sitting or eating it does not. It was beyond dumb. Like tim pool when going to a restaurant did not have a mask waiting to be seated and they got mad at him. He said is there something wrong with your brains there are 50 people here eating with no mask.

They want to implement a new system. The world organization wants to create global medical records. Look at china they want control. Governments naturally want to take your freedoms.

Old 08-21-2023, 12:37 AM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
If you know about history governments always want more power. The mandates did not make sense. Let's say the masks work it's still dumb passengers on planes took their masks off to eat. It defeats the purpose. When going to a restaurant you wear a mask for 30 seconds until you are seated then you take it off. I guess if you are standing the virus spreads but if you're sitting or eating it does not. It was beyond dumb. Like tim pool when going to a restaurant did not have a mask waiting to be seated and they got mad at him. He said is there something wrong with your brains there are 50 people here eating with no mask.

They want to implement a new system. The world organization wants to create global medical records. Look at china they want control. Governments naturally want to take your freedoms.
A less pejorative way of saying something similar is that governments want to appear to be on command of a situation. This is especially true where being in command is physically impossible. No official can stop a virus from flying around

What they can do is give the appearance of action. I call it “public health theater.”

Old 08-21-2023, 04:52 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,928,372 times
Quote:

The arc of freedom is long, but it bends toward justice.

If you know anything about actual history, you know that governments have been getting less and less power for millenia. Roman emperors could--and did--capriciously execute anyone. European sovereigns didn't just hold absolute power, they held divinely-granted absolute power. As did the Chinese emperor. Let's not get too in front of ourselves and think that every government action is an overreach towards a 1984-style totalitarian world government.

Old 08-21-2023, 06:44 AM

I know one government which tried very hard to highlight Covid measures in Western countries. It was showing scary scenes of how police was oppressing people on the streets (many of those turned to be false, but who cares after?) on state TV. At the same time it closed all independent nongovernmental media, oppressed rare opposition they had (they are either abroad or in jail now).

Old 08-21-2023, 06:52 AM

16,417 posts, read 8,223,904 times
In hindsight many of the rules that were in place do seem silly now. My DH and I were actually laughing about how when we dropped our daughter off at pre k back then we couldn't get out of the car to drop her off, we had to text the teacher first, wait for the masked teacher to come out to retrieve her, we had to be wearing masks also. It was crazy.

People didn't see family members/close friends that lived close by for about a year. I didn't stick to that rule but I know people who did. I know people who didn't see family for 3 years that lived a plane ride away.

I also know quite a few people who got cancer diagnoses over the past year that have died or are have a serious diagnosis. Many of those people put off dr's appts or couldnt be seen because of covid rules around 2020/21.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts