Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2023, 08:10 PM

1,044 posts, read 687,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
^I'm not a Muslim, and not defending the practice...but it seems like your wanting to converse (as a male, presumably) with Muslim women is precisely the type of unwanted interaction the covering is designed to head off.
I think you're really missing the point here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2023, 08:12 PM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Absolutely. But ultimately, who cares? Who does it hurt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
People think it is a carryover from the "shaming" days.
Who are these people? QAnon conspiracists?

Old 06-11-2023, 12:12 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,875 times
Quote:
People think it is a carryover from the "shaming" days.
Yup, it went from if your high risk you stay home, to everyone else needs to protect all the vulnerable people. Well good luck knowing who is more vulnerable than others. I mean usually elderly, but what about an obese person, and even some healthy people get pretty sick, although they still live.

But, it did get to a point where they brainwashed people into thinking the virus would disappear if we all wore masks and did what the "experts" told us. The conspiracy theorists called at that time knew that a respiratory virus wasn't going to be stopped no matter what, but some decided they would call others murders. Meanwhile, basically everyone got the same virus that they thought would just disappear and hide if we all played by our rules...like a virus knows what we are doing.

Old 06-11-2023, 06:20 AM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
Yup, it went from if your high risk you stay home, to everyone else needs to protect all the vulnerable people. Well good luck knowing who is more vulnerable than others. I mean usually elderly, but what about an obese person, and even some healthy people get pretty sick, although they still live.
If you remember that's how we got to full lockdown and closure of schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
But, it did get to a point where they brainwashed people into thinking the virus would disappear if we all wore masks and did what the "experts" told us. The conspiracy theorists called at that time knew that a respiratory virus wasn't going to be stopped no matter what, but some decided they would call others murders. Meanwhile, basically everyone got the same virus that they thought would just disappear and hide if we all played by our rules...like a virus knows what we are doing.
When you call others murderers or at best "insensitive" or "callous" it stops all discussion. It's like you're at war with Bugs Bunny or Bambi. On a serious note, any intelligent person should have known that when we stopped cowering in our dwellings the virus would be alive and well. Our economies and educations, not so much. Gaining resistance was the way to go.

Old 06-11-2023, 05:22 PM

959 posts, read 539,979 times
Just returned from I don't know ... 11-12th cruise after pandemic. This is the first cruise when nobody reported Covid in cruise groups.

Old 06-11-2023, 05:29 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,875 times
Quote:
If you remember that's how we got to full lockdown and closure of schools.

When you call others murderers or at best "insensitive" or "callous" it stops all discussion. It's like you're at war with Bugs Bunny or Bambi. On a serious note, any intelligent person should have known that when we stopped cowering in our dwellings the virus would be alive and well. Our economies and educations, not so much. Gaining resistance was the way to go.
It was all about scaring people and getting them to obey whatever they said...it had little to do with a virus.

Old 06-11-2023, 05:36 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
Just returned from I don't know ... 11-12th cruise after pandemic. This is the first cruise when nobody reported Covid in cruise groups.
Wow, you're brave. Even before Covid, I'd heard enough about norovirus outbreaks to keep me away from cruises forever!

Old 06-11-2023, 08:13 PM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
Default re

Quote:
Wow, you're brave. Even before Covid, I'd heard enough about norovirus outbreaks to keep me away from cruises forever!
I think i'd rather be on a cruise with people with covid than people with norovirus. No thanks.

Old 06-11-2023, 08:27 PM

3,627 posts, read 1,851,774 times
Quote:
That deterred me from ever going on a cruise too. It's pretty gross when you think about it....confined to a ship with thousands of folks, germs on absolutely every surface that you cannot escape unless maybe you disembark at a port for a few hours. Then if the norovirus outbreaks start happening while at sea...I'm sure it can get really disgusting pretty fast.

Old 06-12-2023, 05:19 AM

959 posts, read 539,979 times
Quote:
That was our #58 cruise in 20 years.
We did have noro once, Covid twice.
Won’t keep me out. You can get sick anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts