Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2023, 06:54 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I was referring to the vaccine passport, which was scrapped two weeks before the SOTU address: https://whdh.com/news/boston-lifts-p...or-businesses/
You specifically said "Boston vaccine mandate". Just admit you were wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Look how many kids lost their futures, due to the loss of educations, from Covid? And were the "protesters" in June-August 2020 somehow immune to Covid while busily destroying buildings they didn't build and looting property they didn't own?
Uh...conflation of unrelated political BS aside, outdoor transmission rates were already known to be lower than indoors by a 20:1 factor by then. Gov. Baker commissioned a study for this very purpose. Total non-issue!

And yeah...how many kids did lose their futures? Due to one year of remote learning? I can understand some setbacks in their curriculum but come on...give me a break.

Old 05-24-2023, 10:27 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
You specifically said "Boston vaccine mandate". Just admit you were wrong.
And I said, my bad, I meant the vaccine passport. Not my fault you guys had so many stupid rules, I lose track.

As always, I have receipts. Here is where I correctly predicted the end of the Boston vaccine passport: https://www.city-data.com/forum/bost...l#post62745545

I'll now be on my way. Cheers, and good health to all.

Last edited by tribecavsbrowns; 05-24-2023 at 10:58 PM..

Old 05-25-2023, 07:14 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
You folks are still arguing about this?

Old 05-25-2023, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
You folks are still arguing about this?
Just hoping and praying we don't see another pandemic down the road, as contagious as Covid, but with a higher mortality rate. With some of the disdain for fellow humans, skepticism, and distrust being seen on this forum, Lord help us.

Old 05-25-2023, 08:20 AM

12,818 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Yes, I'm the same guy who told you the Boston vaccine mandate was a bunch of political baloney, and that all the heavily-Democrat cities that implemented it would end it around the same time, right around Biden's State of the Union address. Which is exactly what happened. All the "data" and "facts" I must have had to ignore to make that correct prediction...wow!

When someone throws a tantrum when someone else shares the statistic, with backup from the CDC, that 99.4% of Covid infections don't result in death, that is not "fighting the good fight." That is clinging to a narrative.
I'm not talking about guessing when the vaccine requirements would end. Any reasonable person understood those were temporary measures and had thoughts about when those might end (which we said years ago, but you were skeptical of the "temporary" nature of it all). In fact, I predicted a similar end date to you (and several pages before you in the same thread, so you didn't "tell me" anything ). No, I'm talking about the absolutely insane stuff - comparing the utilization of available medical data to genocide, defending claims about COVID restrictions being fascist, vaccine requirements are worse than racial profiling, etc. It was nuts back then and it's even nuttier with the benefit of hindsight. Unless, of course, you believe that the only reason the restrictions are no longer in place is because of the efforts of "patriots" like you to resist it all?

Admittedly, you walked back on some of the "COVID restrictions are a nefarious coordinated global coordinated conspiracy to control people" rhetoric. And you seem to at least have an understanding that some of your takes are more than just a little outside of the norm. But the idea that everyone else has a "narrative" and you're somehow the voice of reason is beyond laughable based on your posting history.

Last edited by lrfox; 05-25-2023 at 09:11 AM..

Old 05-25-2023, 08:34 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,918,347 times
Quote:
Just hoping and praying we don't see another pandemic down the road, as contagious as Covid, but with a higher mortality rate. With some of the disdain for fellow humans, skepticism, and distrust being seen on this forum, Lord help us.
Global pandemics are inevitable but infrequent. Same as bolide impacts.

I think it is beneficial for understanding current events and planning for future ones is to abandon the self-righteousness and stop trying to frame people who come to different conclusions as having “disdain for fellow humans”. There are a handful of people who have a genuine disdain for humanity, but most people were simply applying different risk tolerance to different assessments of what was (and still is) an incomplete picture of the actual best practices.

Old 06-03-2023, 09:11 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,646,838 times
Quote:
What was there to talk about? There was no natural immunity to this virus, but yes people who were younger and/or had better immune systems and/or lower viral loading did better before vaccines!

By the way, a good immune system takes years to build. It's useless advice to dole out during a crisis when thousands are dying by the day.
How would they know their wasn't natural immunity, because they said that after 6 months so they could push a shot. Meanwhile, they consistently used the excuse they don't know anything about the virus, but apparently knew enough to suggest masking and that they could all of a sudden make a vaxx for coronivirus which they never did in over 40 years.

By the way, the entire point of a "vaccine" is to push your body towards a natural immunity, so why wouldn't natural infection work the same way.

Just look at the statistics, the average age of death was around 80 and young people weren't sick for more than a few days. It was a bad flu for many. Not saying some didn't struggle with it, but the stats show it just wasn't deadly for anyone reasonably healthy under 60. No reason to take an experimental shot for people with next to zero risk. Many had a higher risk of dying in a car accident.

Oh, and if no natural immunity to a virus, then no vaccine or anything would work...so why lock down or do anything if we have no control. But this wasn't about the virus, it was about control over us, because humans have yet to stop or control a virus.

Old 06-03-2023, 09:12 PM

Quote:
They will create a new pandemic. But general theory is the more deadly a virus is the harder it is for the virus to spread. If people die quickly the virus dies quickly also.

Old 06-03-2023, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
How would they know their wasn't natural immunity, because they said that after 6 months so they could push a shot. Meanwhile, they consistently used the excuse they don't know anything about the virus, but apparently knew enough to suggest masking and that they could all of a sudden make a vaxx for coronivirus which they never did in over 40 years.

By the way, the entire point of a "vaccine" is to push your body towards a natural immunity, so why wouldn't natural infection work the same way.

Just look at the statistics, the average age of death was around 80 and young people weren't sick for more than a few days. It was a bad flu for many. Not saying some didn't struggle with it, but the stats show it just wasn't deadly for anyone reasonably healthy under 60. No reason to take an experimental shot for people with next to zero risk. Many had a higher risk of dying in a car accident.

Oh, and if no natural immunity to a virus, then no vaccine or anything would work...so why lock down or do anything if we have no control. But this wasn't about the virus, it was about control over us, because humans have yet to stop or control a virus.
Sorry, I will agree with you that their is no long term immunity...to some respect. So the flu and common cold (coronavirus) has been around for a long time. So yes, we will eventually get sick by them when they mutate enough outside our general immune system. If the virus is close enough, our T cells recognize it and fight it off easily.

So yes, we eventually will eventually get a flu or coronavirus again in our lifetime because they mutate so aggressively and around any vaccine. It is why a vaccine has never worked. The virus defeats us, it survives because we do and pass it on to others because it needs a host.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts