Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2022, 12:29 PM

3,084 posts, read 1,547,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
It got political because people who don't and didn't understand science, heck even denied the severity of the disease, made it so. This is the same medical profession that dealt successfully with HIV, SARS, Ebola, and other infectious diseases over the years. They didn't become stupid overnight, and I'll trust them any day over internet hacks and quacks.
doesnt have anything to do with understanding science.. it has to do with the responsibility of the primary MD to the individual patient thats standing in front of them. Whether the left or the CDC likes it or not there are many patients that cannot take most vaccines, or drugs. And Im personally tired of being punished by jerks in the medical profession, govt, or fellow citizens, who dont understand everyone is different and some of us have odd immune systems. For some of us the treatment is more dangerous than the disease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2022, 01:27 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
doesnt have anything to do with understanding science.. it has to do with the responsibility of the primary MD to the individual patient thats standing in front of them. Whether the left or the CDC likes it or not there are many patients that cannot take most vaccines, or drugs. And Im personally tired of being punished by jerks in the medical profession, govt, or fellow citizens, who dont understand everyone is different and some of us have odd immune systems. For some of us the treatment is more dangerous than the disease.
We're not talking about those who are not taking the vaccine AFTER careful deliberation with their physicians. I'm talking about those who are opposed to it based on total and utter garbage. The vaccine more harmful than Covid? Which has killed 1M+ people, really?

Old 10-14-2022, 07:22 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
there is a bakery in arlington called butternut bakehouse that still requires a mask to work there and I asked them why when almost no one is doing it and they said when health orders change they will change. these people are a part of a cult.

when I walk past people wearing a mask I taunt them and say wear the mask until 2050 you dumb f!!

i was harrased outside during 2020 about 8 times at least about me not wearing a mask so I thought id return the favor to these freaks. i believe I have ptsd from covid restrictions and lockdowns.

you would think public transportation would be the most strict and yet federally it was ruled no more mask requirements can take place.

so if anyone that does not believe me that some workplaces don't require masks still can call that place. i believe there is a salon that requires masks for customers ill have to call them to confirm.

the mask is a sign of submission . if you have to wear one now people might view you as a second class citizen. as another poster stated they want food workers to wear the mask. we lived for hundreds of thousands of years without masks. you might not find it degrading but some do.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 10-14-2022 at 07:32 AM..

Old 10-14-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
there is a bakery in arlington called butternut bakehouse that still requires a mask to work there and I asked them why when almost no one is doing it and they said when health orders change they will change. these people are a part of a cult.

when I walk past people wearing a mask I taunt them and say wear the mask until 2050 you dumb f!!

i was harrased outside during 2020 about 8 times at least about me not wearing a mask so I thought id return the favor to these freaks. i believe I have ptsd from covid restrictions and lockdowns.

you would think public transportation would be the most strict and yet federally it was ruled no more mask requirements can take place.

so if anyone that does not believe me that some workplaces don't require masks still can call that place. i believe there is a salon that requires masks for customers ill have to call them to confirm.

the mask is a sign of submission . if you have to wear one now people might view you as a second class citizen. as another poster stated they want food workers to wear the mask. we lived for hundreds of thousands of years without masks. you might not find it degrading but some do.
I don't even know where to begin to counter these points, but bottom line--a business can absolutely impose such restrictions. My massage therapy place in Cambridge has a prominent "masks required, even if you're vaccinated" sign posted. And we all comply without throwing a tantrum. Have you ever seen a "no shoes, no shirt, no service" sign?

And PTSD from masking? Now I've heard it all

Old 10-14-2022, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I don't even know where to begin to counter these points, but bottom line--a business can absolutely impose such restrictions. My massage therapy place in Cambridge has a prominent "masks required, even if you're vaccinated" sign posted. And we all comply without throwing a tantrum. Have you ever seen a "no shoes, no shirt, no service" sign?

And PTSD from masking? Now I've heard it all
So there are places here and there still requiring the mask. I felt like I was living in a authoritarian country and was scared where the government was going to go next . Humans communicate mostly from non verbal ques and facial expressions so it's understandable how only seeing people in masks could effect one psychologically. Some thought they were dehumanizing since you could not see people's faces.

During 2020 you did not see hardly anyone smile.

No shirt no shoes does not restrict breathing.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 10-14-2022 at 12:15 PM..

Old 10-14-2022, 12:18 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
Quote:

So you taunt people? Just like a little kid?

Back in 2020 & 2021 people were still in somewhat of a panic about covid so of course they would feel uncomfortable if they saw someone without a mask. Maybe you were closer to them than you are saying, too.

BTW, masks have nothing to do with control and submission. No, people are not going to view you as a second class citizen. This sounds like your imagination running wild.

I'll be wearing a mask outside in a little while because of fall allergies. Glad you're not here to taunt me and think of me as a second class citizen. Something I learned by wearing a mask is that a good mask really helps with the allergies and I'll wear it if I don't want to be carrying a box of Kleenix around.

Old 10-14-2022, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
So you taunt people? Just like a little kid?

Back in 2020 & 2021 people were still in somewhat of a panic about covid so of course they would feel uncomfortable if they saw someone without a mask. Maybe you were closer to them than you are saying, too.

BTW, masks have nothing to do with control and submission. No, people are not going to view you as a second class citizen. This sounds like your imagination running wild.

I'll be wearing a mask outside in a little while because of fall allergies. Glad you're not here to taunt me and think of me as a second class citizen. Something I learned by wearing a mask is that a good mask really helps with the allergies and I'll wear it if I don't want to be carrying a box of Kleenix around.
some of the people telling me to wear a mask outside was not afraid of their saftey but wanted to put their two cents in. i have talked to people in massechusetts and alot agree people should of minded their buisness during covid. you know me making comments might be wrong but at the same token they were just as wrong for making comments to me for not wearing a mask. we never wore masks for the flu. Dr fauci at first said the masks would not prevent transmission then he said it would. there was more going on than protecting the public in my opinion but that is my opinion. i did not judge the people worried about indoor transmission but i can not see how walking by someone for 2 seconds could ever transmit anything. the people commenting to me outside was after they said outside was a very low risk of transmission.

as preventing allergies with masks i can not comment on that but the masks dont stop covid. we can blame the media for the parinoia in the people.

Old 10-14-2022, 04:07 PM

169 posts, read 182,568 times
Quote:

So you taunt people without even knowing WHY they might be wearing a mask? What about people who are immuno-suppressed for many reasons, or who have close contact with someone is immuno-suppressed (cancer, transplant etc).

What would you say to someone if you taunted them and they actually responded and said they had a lifesaving organ transplant or were enduring chemo? Would you still tell them they are a dumb F?

Does it make you feel like a tuff guy to taunt people? you are such an ass. Don't judge until you walk in another's shoes.

Old 10-14-2022, 04:46 PM

Quote:
So there are places here and there still requiring the mask. I felt like I was living in a authoritarian country and was scared where the government was going to go next . Humans communicate mostly from non verbal ques and facial expressions so it's understandable how only seeing people in masks could effect one psychologically. Some thought they were dehumanizing since you could not see people's faces.

During 2020 you did not see hardly anyone smile.

No shirt no shoes does not restrict breathing.
No shirt, no shoes, no service? But what about my free-dumb?

Old 10-14-2022, 07:03 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
No shirt, no shoes, no service? But what about my free-dumb?
Why do you feel the need to make fun of people who want to live normal lives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts