Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2023, 12:55 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Weddings and funerals became super spreader events.

It took a while for the definition of "vulnerable" to become apparent.

The rail fence analogy does not work. The virus is not spread a single particles but in aerosols and droplets that are trapped by a a mask, which needs to be properly fitted, properly worn, and properly handled. They do not completely prevent transmission, but they do reduce it.

What would have happened if "nothing" had been done? How many schools would have closed if too many teachers were sick? How many businesses would have closed because too many employees were sick? How many hospitals would have shut down because too many health care workers were sick? Your assumption is there would have been less disruption. I think there would have been more, especially with the health care system, creating more collateral damage due to lack of access for people with non-covid conditions.
I mean, you're just making up alternate realities where the world would have ended without the benevolent crusade for executive orders banning civic life, masks, and magic Covid shots. You could say the Covid gods would have smited us and pushed the planet out of orbit and into oblivion -- it would hardly be less grounded in reality.

But I do want to focus on this (bolded) one. I socialized with a lot of health care workers during Covid. Actually, they were the ones who started socializing before anyone else in my circle felt ready to do so. I don't remember a single one ever having to miss ANY work time because they were sick with Covid. Which makes me think no hospital was EVER in danger of shutting down because of too many staff getting sick from a 0.6% IFR respiratory virus, and it's just another tall tale you repeat because it's part of your narrative. Which is and always was, top-to-bottom, hot stinking garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 01:16 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I mean, you're just making up alternate realities where the world would have ended without the benevolent crusade for executive orders banning civic life, masks, and magic Covid shots. You could say the Covid gods would have smited us and pushed the planet out of orbit and into oblivion -- it would hardly be less grounded in reality.

But I do want to focus on this (bolded) one. I socialized with a lot of health care workers during Covid. Actually, they were the ones who started socializing before anyone else in my circle felt ready to do so. I don't remember a single one ever having to miss ANY work time because they were sick with Covid. .
Stop the presses! All these health care worker deaths are a lie...because a self-proclaimed well connected City-Data poster said so!

https://www.who.int/news/item/20-10-...uring-covid-19

Old 05-24-2023, 01:30 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Stop the presses! All these health care worker deaths are a lie...because a self-proclaimed well connected City-Data poster said so!

My younger son's PCP had it. Spent weeks in the hospital. Nearly died. Has long covid and not been able to work full time. He just sold his practice.

Old 05-24-2023, 01:31 PM

Quote:

It must be awful to go through life not being able to stop yourself from exploding with frothing contempt anytime anyone shares an experience that is even slightly at odds with some spoon-fed narrative you've bought into. I feel sorry for you.

Old 05-24-2023, 01:34 PM

17,752 posts, read 9,208,286 times
tribecavsbrowns, you're completely embarrassing yourself.

Old 05-24-2023, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
My younger son's PCP had it. Spent weeks in the hospital. Nearly died. Has long covid and not been able to work full time. He just sold his practice.
Where was this practice located, suzy? I'd like to look it up.

Old 05-24-2023, 02:03 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Where was this practice located, suzy? I'd like to look it up.
Austin, TX.

Old 05-24-2023, 02:21 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
It must be awful to go through life not being able to stop yourself from exploding with frothing contempt anytime anyone shares an experience that is even slightly at odds with some spoon-fed narrative you've bought into. I feel sorry for you.
To the contrary--I can't imagine being so blissfully ignorant of facts and data, and having your own mind so made up based on worthless anecdotes. Again, as I asked several posts ago, where's the narrative? I presented facts and stats.

Old 05-24-2023, 02:26 PM

Quote:
To the contrary--I can't imagine being so blissfully ignorant of facts and data, and having your own mind so made up based on worthless anecdotes. Again, as I asked several posts ago, where's the narrative? I presented facts and stats.
Says the guy who screamed bloody murder about me misusing statistics when I dispassionately shared the calculation of the 0.6% IFR from the CDC.

Apparently, it upset you that it wasn't higher. If you weren't operating on a preconceived narrative, that would not be the case.

Last edited by tribecavsbrowns; 05-24-2023 at 02:37 PM..

Old 05-24-2023, 02:55 PM

12,873 posts, read 22,040,579 times
Quote:
The guy ranting about "narratives" is, I believe, the same one who during the height of COVID claimed repeatedly that was a coordinated global conspiracy to control people. So clearly he has his own. I appreciate everyone in this thread fighting the good fight with data and facts, but the tinfoil hat crowd is going to do what the tinfoil hat crowd does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts