Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2020, 12:26 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
Ooh, this is spicy. Clemson star QB Trevor Lawrence has tested positive. I only mention it here because they are playing BC on Saturday. Appears that nobody else on the team has tested positive, which I find hard to believe.

One of my alma maters isn't playing this weekend because of an outbreak on the team after only one game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2020, 12:41 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Ooh, this is spicy. Clemson star QB Trevor Lawrence has tested positive. I only mention it here because they are playing BC on Saturday. Appears that nobody else on the team has tested positive, which I find hard to believe.

Did you see what went on at the World Series with Justin Turner? He was pulled out of the last game in the 7th inning because they had just gotten the results of his covid test (positive). After the game, during the on-field celebration, he insisted on going out there and celebrating with his teammates. AND he took off his mask.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/28/s...ld-series.html

Old 10-30-2020, 12:48 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,924 times
Quote:
Clemson star QB Trevor Lawrence has tested positive. I only mention it here because they are playing BC on Saturday. Appears that nobody else on the team has tested positive, which I find hard to believe.
That's probably because most of the team has already had it. Now BC will only lost by 4 TDs or so.

Old 10-30-2020, 12:51 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
There has been a recent dose of stupidity in this thread.

Agreed. It's mind boggling to see some people defending irresponsible and reckless behavior/parenting.

Old 10-30-2020, 12:51 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Parents like me who dont want school to be remote? Good.
NO ONE wants school to be remote!

As a former first grade teacher it would be a nightmare. Do you think teachers do nothing but teach six hours and go home and relax? I used to get there an hour early to set up the classroom and do other things to get ready for the kids, teach six hours straight with only a short lunch break (no, we did not even get bathroom breaks), stay until about 4:30 or 5pm--sometimes later--and then after going home and cooking dinner, etc. I would spend another couple of hours planning lessons for the next day based upon what we had done that day.

And there was a lot more to do than that but I had to fit it in somehow. If I had to prepare both in person lessons and online lessons, it would be double the work. Little kids have attention spans of about 15-20 minutes so it's a new lesson every 15-20 minutes and you try to tailor the lessons to individual levels of ability. It's a total juggling act. Teachers would LOVE to have this virus go away so they could return to the normal in person way of teaching.

My cousin who taught in one of your W towns says she is extremely grateful to be retired and not teaching anymore during this nightmare scenario. We not only taught the kids their "book learning" but we taught social skills and a lot more. To see them missing out is painful for us too. NO ONE is enjoying this but it's a fact of life that we must endure for now.

Old 10-30-2020, 12:52 PM

16,398 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Agreed. It's mind boggling to see some people defending irresponsible and reckless behavior/parenting.
LOL. Wanting kids to be in school in a non-remote fashion is oh so reckless.

Old 10-30-2020, 12:55 PM

16,398 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
NO ONE wants school to be remote!

As a former first grade teacher it would be a nightmare. Do you think teachers do nothing but teach six hours and go home and relax? I used to get there an hour early to set up the classroom and do other things to get ready for the kids, teach six hours straight with only a short lunch break (no, we did not even get bathroom breaks), stay until about 4:30 or 5pm--sometimes later--and then after going home and cooking dinner, etc. I would spend another couple of hours planning lessons for the next day based upon what we had done that day.

And there was a lot more to do than that but I had to fit it in somehow. If I had to prepare both in person lessons and online lessons, it would be double the work. Little kids have attention spans of about 15-20 minutes so it's a new lesson every 15-20 minutes and you try to tailor the lessons to individual levels of ability. It's a total juggling act. Teachers would LOVE to have this virus go away so they could return to the normal in person way of teaching.

My cousin who taught in one of your W towns says she is extremely grateful to be retired and not teaching anymore during this nightmare scenario. We not only taught the kids their "book learning" but we taught social skills and a lot more. To see them missing out is painful for us too. NO ONE is enjoying this but it's a fact of life that we must endure for now.
It seems like some folks (on here in particular) do want school to be remote.

There are hardworking teachers out there, my son's first grade teacher is one of them. But we can't say ALL teachers are hardworking and want the best for the kids right now. Not all teachers become teachers because they love kids. Just like not all cops become cops because they want to kill people.

Old 10-30-2020, 01:28 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
I just want to be on a remote tropical island right now.

No covid, no election bs, no masks.

Have a Happy Halloween

Old 10-30-2020, 01:31 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I just want to be on a remote tropical island right now.

No covid, no election bs, no masks.

Have a Happy Halloween
Amen.

Old 10-30-2020, 01:48 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Did you see what went on at the World Series with Justin Turner? He was pulled out of the last game in the 7th inning because they had just gotten the results of his covid test (positive). After the game, during the on-field celebration, he insisted on going out there and celebrating with his teammates. AND he took off his mask.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/28/s...ld-series.html
How dare you cite fake news instead of something reputable like TurtleBoySports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts