Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2020, 06:46 PM

9,882 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Assumption University just ordered a shelter in place order for the next week starting tomorrow morning. My daughter is a student there and is remote this semester. We received an e-mail yesterday advising us that over 20% of the students on campus (about 150) were in quarantine in campus or at home. Today in cooperation with the Worcester health department, they advised students to remain in their rooms as all classes were going remote and that food pickup and CV testing were the only allowable reasons to be out.

My daughter had a couple of friends on campus and they moved out today so they could be home. Watching the reporting on the news, I could see cars at the entrance presumably to pick up their kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2020, 08:13 PM

7,925 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
It's not a lack of empathy and you should know that. The issue is making a big deal about how important school and sports are. Not that those things aren't important, but the main motivation is clearly to be able to work at home in peace.

You've said that you need to entertain your kids all day long because you have a problem with saying no to them. That's something you can change. And if you're unwilling to do that, then you need to figure something else out. I suggested getting them a video game system. Not the best solution, but it would definitely keep them entertained. My comment was ignored.

Tons of people have young kids and they're managing.
Maybe it's also a bit of a class divide. I aw a video that was implying that someone from prison can be fine watching tv all day during a lockdown. God forbid someone affluent gets a wiff of FOMO and goes crazy.

Old 10-30-2020, 07:22 AM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Maybe it's also a bit of a class divide. I aw a video that was implying that someone from prison can be fine watching tv all day during a lockdown. God forbid someone affluent gets a wiff of FOMO and goes crazy.
are you comparing adult prisoners to 4 and 6 year old children?

Old 10-30-2020, 07:26 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,909 times
There has been a recent dose of stupidity in this thread. I can easily spot two posters who aren't parents but think they know how it works.

Old 10-30-2020, 07:59 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
There has been a recent dose of stupidity in this thread. I can easily spot two posters who aren't parents but think they know how it works.
I can confirm i'm a parent

Old 10-30-2020, 08:36 AM

875 posts, read 663,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
You mean your kids don't self-educate using Khan/Coursera, and then get ready and drive themselves to sports activities? - while you and your partner netflix and chill.

You need to step up your game

Old 10-30-2020, 08:50 AM

7,925 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
are you comparing adult prisoners to 4 and 6 year old children?
No not at all I didn't reference kids. Just because someone can't do something doesn't mean the world ends. Seriously just because a kid can't do something.

We've been though wars and people are complaining about staying at home and wearing a mask when you go out? Seriously...

Old 10-30-2020, 09:18 AM

8,765 posts, read 5,055,756 times
Quote:
You seem demented. It's like you have something against parents who want their kids to have a good life.

How about the lazy teachers who dont want to return to work?
These so called "lazy teachers", are working even harder remotely. Their whole way of working has changed. My daughter is a teacher, and she would rather go back, to the way things were. These teachers are not just sitting home and eating bon-bons, and drinking wine.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:44 AM

Default e

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
These so called "lazy teachers", are working even harder remotely. Their whole way of working has changed. My daughter is a teacher, and she would rather go back, to the way things were. These teachers are not just sitting home and eating bon-bons, and drinking wine.
Yes some of the teachers are working very hard, I think my son's teacher is great.

But there are plenty who simply don't want to go back to the classroom because they just don't want to.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:53 AM

8,765 posts, read 5,055,756 times
Quote:
Yes some of the teachers are working very hard, I think my son's teacher is great.

But there are plenty who simply don't want to go back to the classroom because they just don't want to.
And how could you possilby know that?? That is so unfair to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts