Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2020, 10:14 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,649,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Look not towards Europe, look towards East Asia and see true examples of pandemic leadership. Yeah it's hard to compel individuals to wear masks isn't it but it really shouldn't even have to go that far. If every American simply put on a mask every time they leave their house without anyone telling them we likely wouldn't have come to this. It's like putting on a watch or carrying a cell phone around, the government oughtn't need to tell you to do this, heck the store clerk, the policeman, the bus driver or even your own mother or father shouldn't need to tell you to do this, you should just do it for your own safety. The problem is too many entitled Americans think this pandemic is everyone else's problem but their own and they're acting too irresponsibly for the greater good. Our political leaders don't really want to clap down on their own constituents but almost like a benevolent father to his son or daughter, must do so to protect them.
Oh I really enjoy this, the blame the anti mask crowd for cases. I have driven throughout the country and the vast majority of people are wearing masks, even when their is no reason for them to do so...like outside not near anyone. Some even wear it in their vehicles.

What people are missing is that people are going out with masks now thinking they are all safe and its giving them a false sense of security. The health officials have done this to us. Your mask isn't saving you, so if your worried then you stay home. The people that aren't worried are done tip toeing around the scared people acting like they have right of way every time.

Just to add cause I don't believe masks work, and actually believe they are hurting us based on false sense of security, lack of social distancing (which has some influence), and that people don't know how to wear them. If you look at the medical community they are trained how to wear and properly put on masks. People consistently touch theirs, put it on surfaces, pocket, etc. I believe people are actually doing themselves more harm than good and are going to (some probably already have) give themselves infections from that dirty bacteria trap around their mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 05:57 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
Oh I really enjoy this, the blame the anti mask crowd for cases. I have driven throughout the country and the vast majority of people are wearing masks, even when their is no reason for them to do so...like outside not near anyone. Some even wear it in their vehicles.

What people are missing is that people are going out with masks now thinking they are all safe and its giving them a false sense of security. The health officials have done this to us. Your mask isn't saving you, so if your worried then you stay home. The people that aren't worried are done tip toeing around the scared people acting like they have right of way every time.

Just to add cause I don't believe masks work, and actually believe they are hurting us based on false sense of security, lack of social distancing (which has some influence), and that people don't know how to wear them. If you look at the medical community they are trained how to wear and properly put on masks. People consistently touch theirs, put it on surfaces, pocket, etc. I believe people are actually doing themselves more harm than good and are going to (some probably already have) give themselves infections from that dirty bacteria trap around their mouth.
Not that the data matters to someone with this level of confirmation bias but the data on reducing the transmission rate is quite conclusive. It’s totally lost on the Trumpkins who only care about themselves but the point of a mask is to protect others in the event that you’re infected, not to protect yourself. The disease spreads via aerosol transmission.

Old 11-01-2020, 11:41 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Not that the data matters to someone with this level of confirmation bias but the data on reducing the transmission rate is quite conclusive. It’s totally lost on the Trumpkins who only care about themselves but the point of a mask is to protect others in the event that you’re infected, not to protect yourself. The disease spreads via aerosol transmission.
So only 'Trumpkins' are the ones who care about themselves?

Old 11-01-2020, 12:01 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
So only 'Trumpkins' are the ones who care about themselves?
I don't think that's what he suggested. It can't be denied, however; that the anti-masker crowd is a universally selfish lot.

Old 11-01-2020, 12:15 PM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
I really don't see mask less people in public places at this point. Not sure where ya'll are going.

Old 11-01-2020, 12:25 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Quote:
I really don't see mask less people in public places at this point. Not sure where ya'll are going.
Eh, responding to a certain poster here with a history of ignoring data and making stuff up for his own convenience. Let's not turn this into something more than it is.

Old 11-01-2020, 01:30 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Quote:

Have you seen footage of Trump's pathetic, ego-stroking, super-spreader events? Sorry, I mean "rallies"?

Old 11-01-2020, 02:26 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Have you seen footage of Trump's pathetic, ego-stroking, super-spreader events? Sorry, I mean "rallies"?
We’re these in MA?

Old 11-01-2020, 02:38 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
We’re these in MA?
They were not.

Old 11-01-2020, 03:32 PM

6,808 posts, read 6,043,031 times
Quote:
Maybe not public places because it's so cold, but I got takeout from a Mexican restaurant in Seabrook the other day. Their bar seemed full of people with no distancing and no masks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts