Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2020, 12:18 PM

16,296 posts, read 8,126,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Wow. Really?
Yes, really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2020, 12:28 PM

17,665 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Irrelevant. It's like a restaurant owner who insists on having indoor dining telling me I have no idea about running a restaurant when I say indoor dining isn't safe and must not continue.

Believe it or not, I get it. It's a terrible situation to be in. But that doesn't mean you can act irresponsibly and recklessly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
No one is! We're not going trick or treating tonight. You're really starting to irritate me. Parents hoping school opens is NOT acting recklessly. LEARN the difference!

Once again: Your personal situation is clouding your judgment.

Old 10-31-2020, 01:46 PM

16,296 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Default re

Quote:
Yours is also clouding yours.

Old 10-31-2020, 03:03 PM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
I was in the Carolinas a few weeks ago, about 30% of people were wearing masks. If people don't want to wear them there is really nothing you can do about it but encourage them too. Look at Europe, what a mess. A change in leadership will do no good.

Old 10-31-2020, 03:05 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,806,919 times
Business plans in general need multiple venues.

Restaurants are inside, outside, pickup and delivery. Now I personally know people in the restaurant industry and delivery is controversial. There are plenty of companies that have had delivery for years and easily before apps.

To really master a business these days you have try to have a retail store, a online store and great shipping/returns

Old 10-31-2020, 04:03 PM

17,665 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Quote:
Yours is also clouding yours.

Can you honestly say you feel schools are safe at the current time?

Old 10-31-2020, 05:39 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,777,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Restaurants are inside, outside, pickup and delivery. Now I personally know people in the restaurant industry and delivery is controversial. There are plenty of companies that have had delivery for years and easily before apps.
Not really that surprising since most restaurants make their profit off the booze. Not to mention that delivery also deprives the income of the servers and hostesses and such.

Old 10-31-2020, 06:11 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
There's A LOT of issues with restaurants having to pivot to takeout/delivery. The lack of a big booze check absolutely factors into margins. The fact that not all menus easily translate to being takeout. This is especially true of fine dining, where the high price of an item is offset (in the diner's mind) by the atmosphere and hospitality. Do people want to spend $200 on a meal for two that is going to suffer by being sealed into a container? No. A lot of places shifted their menus to simpler fare, but it's not easy when your business model assumed a certain amount of covers at a certain check amount for every service.

Any restaurant who haven't been able to negotiate their leases/rent will close without a government bailout. Patios, takeout and delivery are slowing the bleed, but even in neighborhood spots where people are more apt to show their loyalty, it's really, really grim in the restaurant industry.

Old 10-31-2020, 06:39 PM

3,970 posts, read 5,762,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I was in the Carolinas a few weeks ago, about 30% of people were wearing masks. If people don't want to wear them there is really nothing you can do about it but encourage them too. Look at Europe, what a mess. A change in leadership will do no good.
Look not towards Europe, look towards East Asia and see true examples of pandemic leadership. Yeah it's hard to compel individuals to wear masks isn't it but it really shouldn't even have to go that far. If every American simply put on a mask every time they leave their house without anyone telling them we likely wouldn't have come to this. It's like putting on a watch or carrying a cell phone around, the government oughtn't need to tell you to do this, heck the store clerk, the policeman, the bus driver or even your own mother or father shouldn't need to tell you to do this, you should just do it for your own safety. The problem is too many entitled Americans think this pandemic is everyone else's problem but their own and they're acting too irresponsibly for the greater good. Our political leaders don't really want to clap down on their own constituents but almost like a benevolent father to his son or daughter, must do so to protect them.

Old 10-31-2020, 07:04 PM

24,556 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Yes, really.
Unreal. You do realize that COVID-19 has caused double digit unemployment in Massachusetts and most of the unemployed are low wage service sector workers? Those people are not food secure and they rely on school breakfast and lunch. I find your whole self-centered and unempathetic schtick reprehensible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts