Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2020, 04:14 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,139,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I meant extreme right leaning. I can see the gun laws alone driving many off to more accepting regions of the country

Extreme left, I can certainly see a a hardcore base living in this area.
I feel the use of ‘extreme’ is a bit misplaced here. Last I checked there aren’t many anti-government types finding themselves in armed disputes with BLM officers, nor are there notable swaths of the Democratic base leaning hard into communism/Marxism.

Despite the left lean, the Democratic base in MA remains fairly moderate ... which is why we have a centrist Republican Governor and Biden won the most recent primary cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2020, 04:24 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
I know right wingers almost unanimously have trouble with reading comprehension. I mean, if they were bright enough to read well they'd probably learn something and not be right wing. That said, violence is shooting someone. Violence is attacking someone. Walking on the street and peacefully exercising first amendment rights is the exact opposite of that. It is non violence (mild) civil disobedience while protesting. Now, the right wing's reaction to those peaceful protests are very often violent. Extremely violent. But that's how right wingers work: aggression, violence, destruction. It's scary how absolutely insane those right wingers are with their violence. I hope they don't kill too many people and burn too much in the coming days.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:30 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Most LEOs (as well as EMTs/other first responders) seem to be in compliance for the most part, from what I can tell.

Not my experience out here in the suburbs. Tons of cops walking around without masks. I've seen a few cops in Target with their nose hanging out.

In Southern NH over the weekend, there was an incident while I was at my grandmother's house taking care of some things and we had to call the fire department for a suspected propane leak. 3 trucks arrived and not a single one was wearing a mask. In the house is one thing - they needed to smell what we smelled - but my grandmother's house straddles a town line so the squad captains from both towns came to talk to us. They got within 3 feet of us and neither were wearing masks - I had to ask them to back up and put on a mask, and one scoffed and walked away. The other grumbled to pull a mask out of his pocket, but the second time he came out to talk to her once again he didn't wear it. My grandmother is 90 years old and they couldn't even respect her.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:38 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I know right wingers almost unanimously have trouble with reading comprehension. I mean, if they were bright enough to read well they'd probably learn something and not be right wing. That said, violence is shooting someone. Violence is attacking someone. Walking on the street and peacefully exercising first amendment rights is the exact opposite of that. It is non violence (mild) civil disobedience while protesting. Now, the right wing's reaction to those peaceful protests are very often violent. Extremely violent. But that's how right wingers work: aggression, violence, destruction. It's scary how absolutely insane those right wingers are with their violence. I hope they don't kill too many people and burn too much in the coming days.
Once again, you ADMITTED to blocking INTERSTATE 95. That is not "walking in the street", that is reckless public endangerment. YOU could have killed people there, forget your imaginary "right wingers attacking you". Your credibility is non-existent.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:58 PM

16,398 posts, read 8,198,277 times
omg ya'll need to stop with the mask BS. A cop has a right to stick his nose out of his mask during an 8 hour shift at target.

Be more concerned about the party throwers, mass go-ers and people who don't wash their hands.

I had a cable guy come to my house and he wasn't wearing a mask. I started to put my mask on and he said, DON't put a mask on because of me. I said, I'm going to and prefer if you would as well since you're coming into my house.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:07 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
High school and college kids.

You: "ColLEGe KidS!!11!!"

Data:

Old 11-02-2020, 05:15 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,924 times
oh...

Old 11-02-2020, 05:17 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
omg ya'll need to stop with the mask BS. A cop has a right to stick his nose out of his mask during an 8 hour shift at target.

Be more concerned about the party throwers, mass go-ers and people who don't wash their hands.

I had a cable guy come to my house and he wasn't wearing a mask. I started to put my mask on and he said, DON't put a mask on because of me. I said, I'm going to and prefer if you would as well since you're coming into my house.

Why can't I be concerned about party goers as well as a group of four cops talking on the sidewalk, not wearing masks, near me was waiting for my to-go order this past weekend in a crowded part of the city? I shouldn't find that absurd because you are a cop apologist? Sorry, no.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:23 PM

6,808 posts, read 6,045,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
and Biden won the most recent primary cycle.
Sanders and Warren combined had more votes than Biden.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:25 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Wolfgang, do you even understand what you just posted? You're showing a graph of percent positive of basically massive amounts of repeated asymptomatic college testing. That type of testing has made percent positive stats useless.

This is what you need to look at. (And I'd bet this would have looked very different 2 months ago.)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts