Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2023, 06:14 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I don't know if the booster has any effect on this newer version.
In the worst case scenario, I believe it would have some effect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2023, 06:18 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Watch the video it's only a little more than a minute.
I did. It's total BS because the Brevard GOP "believes" there is "strong & credible evidence". Revenge of the C students, yet again.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...s-to-ban-covi/

Old 09-02-2023, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
there you go.. mass.gov is very aware
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/co...onse-reporting
MA is reporting data...as is EVERY one of the 50 states, except maybe for Florida. What does that prove?

Old 09-02-2023, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
Sounds pretty nasty, especially considering she just had a booster a month ago...
Be careful. The "month ago" booster is the same vintage as what came out in Sept 2022. It's not going to be as effective as the currently circulating variants. The Sept 2023 booster, will be.

Old 09-02-2023, 06:46 PM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Be careful. The "month ago" booster is the same vintage as what came out in Sept 2022. It's not going to be as effective as the currently circulating variants. The Sept 2023 booster, will be.
That's not my understanding. As far as I know, the September 2023 booster was made to cover the variants that have been circulating for a while...but not the newest variants that are currently taking over. One of the newest variants has 30+ mutations.

Old 09-02-2023, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
That's not my understanding. As far as I know, the September 2023 booster was made to cover the variants that have been circulating for a while...but not the newest variants that are currently taking over. One of the newest variants has 30+ mutations.
From the Boston Globe article I linked yesterday and again, here:

Even with new boosters about to become available, the virus has continued to evolve. Experts have pointed to a new variant, BA.2.86, that has emerged in recent weeks. However Cohen said the new variant accounts for less than 1 percent of the cases the country is seeing, and the shots currently going through FDA regulatory review have been tailored specifically to the dominant circulating variants of COVID-19. Cohen said it was unclear if the forthcoming vaccine boosters are as effective against the new variant in preventing severe illness, though early indications are promising.

Old 09-02-2023, 07:40 PM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
From the Boston Globe article I linked yesterday and again, here:

Even with new boosters about to become available, the virus has continued to evolve. Experts have pointed to a new variant, BA.2.86, that has emerged in recent weeks. However Cohen said the new variant accounts for less than 1 percent of the cases the country is seeing, and the shots currently going through FDA regulatory review have been tailored specifically to the dominant circulating variants of COVID-19. Cohen said it was unclear if the forthcoming vaccine boosters are as effective against the new variant in preventing severe illness, though early indications are promising.
That's the same as what I said...other than the 1 percent part (is that dated info?).

Old 09-02-2023, 07:54 PM

Quote:
That's the same as what I said...other than the 1 percent part (is that dated info?).
It's from yesterday's Globe 9/1/23.

I'm not gonna worry about the 1%. I mean, we're always going to have a lag between developing / approving vaccines and the emergence of variants.

Old 09-03-2023, 08:17 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
What's the difference between a drug junkie looking for his next fix and a Covid booster advocate looking for her next booster ? There is no difference ,both are looking for their next drug fix .

Old 09-03-2023, 08:40 AM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
What's the difference between a drug junkie looking for his next fix and a Covid booster advocate looking for her next booster ? There is no difference ,both are looking for their next drug fix .
The difference, in my opinion, was that while the vaccine did not prevent the disease, it lowered the severity enough that we could reopen as a society. For the record, I am one of the few people that is vehemently anti-lockdown and pro vaccine. I am popular with no one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts