Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2023, 02:42 PM

35,008 posts, read 16,972,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Permanent? Any venue I've been to recently (restaurants, concert venues, whatever) is more than back to pre-pandemic normals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Who's talking about a lockdown now?
Then, what else are people talking about when they are bemoaning the latest variant? What do they want society to do about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2023, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Exactly. These people don't even know what they're arguing over anymore.
It’s very simple; the drums are pounding in the media, and in the government. Why are people even discussing an illness with the symptoms of common cold and/or allergy? Clearly, someone wants to engender panic.

Old 09-02-2023, 02:52 PM

23,569 posts, read 18,672,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
It’s very simple; the drums are pounding in the media, and in the government.
Examples? And keep it to Massachusetts please.

Old 09-02-2023, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Examples? And keep it to Massachusetts please.
Sitting where I am on a beach in Long Island, I do not have access to Massachusetts media. There are plenty of sites from Massachusetts media in this thread. And the fact that this thread has even gone on this long is indicative of the continuing concern.

Old 09-02-2023, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Sitting where I am on a beach in Long Island, I do not have access to Massachusetts media. There are plenty of sites from Massachusetts media in this thread. And the fact that this thread has even gone on this long is indicative of the continuing concern.
No access to Massachusetts media, but miraculously you have access to City-Data. I know the drill, my friend.

Covid obviously still is a concern for some, given that it's still going around and that people are still dying from it. Just like the seasonal flu (and other outbreaks) circulates around that some are vulnerable to and need to take due precautions. Nobody should expect they be kept in the dark about current happenings because there are a few snowflakes who throw a hizzy every time they see somebody wearing a face mask in public, or whatever.

Old 09-02-2023, 03:12 PM

3,075 posts, read 1,541,791 times
Quote:
there you go.. mass.gov is very aware
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/co...onse-reporting

Old 09-02-2023, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
there you go.. mass.gov is very aware
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/co...onse-reporting
Providing up to date data. The horror!!!

Old 09-02-2023, 03:57 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
According to my sister who probably has the latest version of covid, it starts with a cough and fatigue. There's a headache too and that's when she tested and it was positive. Then came weird aching all over and after that a temperature of 103. Aspirin pretty much took care of it except that she can hardly talk. She's staying in until she tests negative. She says--no point in spreading it around and anyway she can use the time at home to clean the house up so she can sell it. She's in her 60s.

She thinks this must be the newest version because she had the booster about one month ago. That was for an older version. She's not enjoying it but says it's like a very bad cold. Her man friend, age 65+ is worried for himself as he has asthma--he staying in his own house, trying to avoid catching it. It's worth avoiding if you have a pre-existing condition.

Old 09-02-2023, 05:21 PM

943 posts, read 409,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
According to my sister who probably has the latest version of covid, it starts with a cough and fatigue. There's a headache too and that's when she tested and it was positive. Then came weird aching all over and after that a temperature of 103. Aspirin pretty much took care of it except that she can hardly talk. She's staying in until she tests negative. She says--no point in spreading it around and anyway she can use the time at home to clean the house up so she can sell it. She's in her 60s.

She thinks this must be the newest version because she had the booster about one month ago. That was for an older version. She's not enjoying it but says it's like a very bad cold. Her man friend, age 65+ is worried for himself as he has asthma--he staying in his own house, trying to avoid catching it. It's worth avoiding if you have a pre-existing condition.
Sounds pretty nasty, especially considering she just had a booster a month ago...

Old 09-02-2023, 06:01 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
Sounds pretty nasty, especially considering she just had a booster a month ago...
I don't know if the booster has any effect on this newer version.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts