Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2023, 02:57 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Hmm...my 80-yr-old mom asked about Paxlovid last year when she got Covid, and the NP refused to prescribe it. I was worried because of her age, but she turned out OK without it. Glad to know it does work for some people.
When I had Covid in Spetember 2022 people asked me if I got Paxlovid. I said that asymptomatic cases were ineligible and indeed, why would I. I was playing tennis when I had it. In tennis, the racket keeps your distance from your opponent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2023, 03:19 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,389,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I don't care what others do my whole point is he forced me to wear a mask.
He did not force you. You had the choice on keeping your appointment or not.

Old 09-12-2023, 03:40 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
He did not force you. You had the choice on keeping your appointment or not.
actually, I would have been charged if bailed there. what he did was dishonest because when I was making my appointment the receptionist should have told me I had to wear a mask since no one is asking for that. the reason they don't tell you when you make your appointment is because so many people will go somewhere else. I did not find out until right before I entered the room.

Old 09-13-2023, 12:28 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
I can't find the study the video should have linked the study..

however, I have this video and a link to studies.

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr...6207.pub5/full

Hand washing is effective. behaviours are very different from people who mask that don't. for instance people who mask might stay home more versus people who do not wear a mask.
From the Cochrane link:

"Authors' conclusions
The high risk of bias in the trials, variation in outcome measurement, and relatively low compliance with the interventions during the studies hamper drawing firm conclusions and generalising the findings to the current COVID‐19 pandemic."

Old 09-13-2023, 02:12 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
From the Cochrane link:

"Authors' conclusions
The high risk of bias in the trials, variation in outcome measurement, and relatively low compliance with the interventions during the studies hamper drawing firm conclusions and generalising the findings to the current COVID‐19 pandemic."
You're confusing folks with science! Imagine...controlled studies, what a concept!

Old 09-13-2023, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
You're confusing folks with science! Imagine...controlled studies, what a concept!
The doctor in the video explains there are 15 randomized studies that show masks don't work. there is a specific one done in denmark.

Old 09-13-2023, 06:17 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
The doctor in the video explains there are 15 randomized studies that show masks don't work. there is a specific one done in denmark.
The Danish study has the problem that others do: participants did not maintain assigned randomization.

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/m20-6817

"Inconclusive results, missing data, variable adherence, patient-reported findings on home tests, no blinding, and no assessment of whether masks could decrease disease transmission from mask wearers to others."

Old 09-13-2023, 07:44 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The Danish study has the problem that others do: participants did not maintain assigned randomization.

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/m20-6817

"Inconclusive results, missing data, variable adherence, patient-reported findings on home tests, no blinding, and no assessment of whether masks could decrease disease transmission from mask wearers to others."
But the real world is plagued by "Inconclusive results, missing data, (and) variable adherence," resulting in "no assessment of whether masks could decrease disease transmission from mask wearers to others." In other words if labs can't test it, it can't stand test of the real world conditions.

Old 09-13-2023, 08:40 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
But the real world is plagued by "Inconclusive results, missing data, (and) variable adherence," resulting in "no assessment of whether masks could decrease disease transmission from mask wearers to others." In other words if labs can't test it, it can't stand test of the real world conditions.
^That's a total misinterpretation. In a proper lab study, you can in fact test adherence vs. non-adherence to wearing masks. That's probably the biggest variable in real life. From a pure physics standpoint, it can readily be shown that N95 masks work to block viruses and particulates down to very small sizes. That's how they get NIOSH-certified.

Old 09-19-2023, 04:56 PM

This is an interesting video people who mocked the unvaccinated died shortly after. One was a bodybuilder saying I'll be the test if the vaccine is safe...... he later died.

https://twitter.com/ray_hessel/statu...yaD8LwRvA&s=19 . you might have to scroll down to the video. Strange coincidence s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts