Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2023, 11:35 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times

Advertisements

For years, I got the flu shot at a fair at work with my best friend who worked in a different part of the university. One year, she was on vacation on the day the fair happened so she didn't get the shot. It didn't seem all that important for her to go out of her way to get it - after all, she was a healthy 38 year old. A few months later, I was the one who found her body with the police when she died home alone from complications of the flu.

So yeah, getting both the covid and flu vaccines/boosters is a minor inconvenience that I will continue to do for the rest of my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2023, 12:38 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
For years, I got the flu shot at a fair at work with my best friend who worked in a different part of the university. One year, she was on vacation on the day the fair happened so she didn't get the shot. It didn't seem all that important for her to go out of her way to get it - after all, she was a healthy 38 year old. A few months later, I was the one who found her body with the police when she died home alone from complications of the flu.

So yeah, getting both the covid and flu vaccines/boosters is a minor inconvenience that I will continue to do for the rest of my life.
Same. It's purely false bravado on the part of those who refuse. OK, it's not 100% effective (what is, then again), but what harm is it gonna do?

Old 09-10-2023, 12:55 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,646,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The bad batch site is just another misuse of VAERS in order to advance an anti-vax agenda.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/craig-...lieve-anything

Pfizer did not tell men "not to have sex for 2 months or something like that". Explanation here.

https://www.thejournal.ie/factcheck-...19779-Jan2021/

The goal was to prevent pregnancies during the trial. Vaccine trials try to exclude pregnant women until safety in nonpregnant women has been studied. It has nothing to do with "shedding".

Shedding of spike proteins does not happen.

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checkin...o-harm-anyone/

Because you did not hear of myocarditis before the covid vaccines came out does not mean it did not exist, including in the pediatric population. If McCullough does not know that, he is a poor cardiologist.

From 2001. Many viruses and some bacteria and fungi can cause it as well as some non-infectious conditions. See Table 1.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2805590/

Myocarditis was not seen in the original mRNA vaccine trials. That is typical of uncommon adverse effects,

What is a "heart attack device"? If you mean Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs), that was happening well before the covid vaccines existed.

https://www.acc.org/about-acc/press-...ed-improvement

"WASHINGTON (Mar 27, 2017) - Automated external defibrillators are associated with increased survival of sudden cardiac arrest when installed in schools, yet only 17 out of 50 U.S. states require AED installation in at least some of their schools, according to an analysis published today in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology."

"A questionnaire study of sudden cardiac arrest in U.S. high schools determined that 2 in 50 U.S. high schools can expect a sudden cardiac arrest event each year. Several observational studies show an association between AED installation in schools and colleges with increased survival. Collapse to defibrillation time was shorter when administered by bystanders than by EMS (3.3 vs. 12.9 minutes). In schools with AED programs, the survival rates of students with cardiac arrests and a shockable rhythm ranged from 64 to 72 percent. AEDs in schools may also be deployed for teachers, coaches or sporting event spectators who may suffer cardiac arrest on school grounds. Because of their age these individuals are statistically at higher risk for cardiac arrest; more adults than children may be resuscitated by AEDs in schools and their environs."

Where do you get the idea that "they had around 44,000 in the trial but submitted on something like 180 people"? That is not true. Where did you get the figure of 180?

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-re...sults-landmark

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...cine-publishes
Read the clinical trials and foia emails. Don't listen to mass media articles that get most of their money from big pharma.

Vaers is horrible but cdc wants it that way so they have an excuse. They had the ability to fix it and didn't.

Old 09-10-2023, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
Read the clinical trials and foia emails. Don't listen to mass media articles that get most of their money from big pharma.

Vaers is horrible but cdc wants it that way so they have an excuse. They had the ability to fix it and didn't.
^Do you understand the difference between correlation & causality?

And by the way...VAERS is the exact *opposite* of a controlled study.

Old 09-10-2023, 04:18 PM

3,373 posts, read 1,538,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
So don’t tolerate it. You sound like you need tons of support even choosing chiropractor you want. Why do you care what other people do?
This is not the first time you are trying to ignite something here.
I don't care what others do my whole point is he forced me to wear a mask.

Old 09-10-2023, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post

I never said vaers was a controlled study. It's a horrible system that the cdc uses so they can argue either way. It just fits their narrative.

Old 09-10-2023, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I never said vaers was a controlled study. It's a horrible system that the cdc uses so they can argue either way. It just fits their narrative.
Huh? The Covid vaccine rollout was literally the most monitored in modern history. The ones approved by the FDA are exceedingly safe. The FDA uses controlled clinical studies, not VAERS, to approve vaccines.

Old 09-10-2023, 06:46 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:

I gave you links to the actual data Pfizer and Moderna presented to the FDA. It was not just 180 people. Where did you get that number?

VAERS does exactly what it is intended to do: identify possible areas of concern. It is not designed to determine causation. That is done by investigation of the details of the reports.

How VAERS works:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4632204/

I notice you did not address the other misinformation in your previous post.

Old 09-10-2023, 06:48 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Hopefully LeavingMA is at least walking away learning something here, despite the misinformation he brought to the table.

Old 09-10-2023, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I gave you links to the actual data Pfizer and Moderna presented to the FDA. It was not just 180 people. Where did you get that number?

VAERS does exactly what it is intended to do: identify possible areas of concern. It is not designed to determine causation. That is done by investigation of the details of the reports.

How VAERS works:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4632204/

I notice you did not address the other misinformation in your previous post.
Yet you don't realize that the pharmaceutical companies do their own trials and submit what they want to the fda. It's a biased process. Their was no misinformation just data you didn't agree with or want to look up and read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts