Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2023, 06:35 PM

10,025 posts, read 15,675,599 times

Advertisements

My youngest has covid, she worked half a day today and told her boss she was going to go get tested.

When did they stop giving out Paxlovid as a medication for Covid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2023, 06:38 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
They tried to hide this study.... they gave people COVID on purpose. The masks don't work. Asymptomatic people are not contagious . This is a very important study.....

Nothing will change no matter how much proof is given because it's about control and that you can't make decisions over your body .the mask people belong to a religion.

link to the actual study in the video?

Old 09-11-2023, 06:44 PM

23,577 posts, read 18,730,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
My youngest has covid, she worked half a day today and told her boss she was going to go get tested.

How old is your daughter? I thought they were only giving that to older or at risk patients?

Old 09-11-2023, 06:44 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:

They refrain from giving it now, if the symptoms are mild. Because the side effects can be pretty nasty and there can be rebound.

Old 09-11-2023, 06:59 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzScorpion12 View Post
Bahahaha! If this were true then tell me why all these pharmaceutical companies are exempt from lawsuits? Also why is the entire USPS and government exempt from taking the jab? You cannot seriously say something is safe without extensive testing and long term studies. Many have/are dying because of these shots yet you and others refuse to believe it.
Deaths due to the vaccines are extremely rare.

Vaccine manufacturers are only protected against adverse effects that are not due to defects in the vaccine, such as allergic reactions.

Should someone who is allergic to peanut butter be able to sue the farmer who grew the peanuts?

Quote:
These are not preventing the transmission of covid. My girlfriends company had a retirement party and the family required all those who attended and work at the facility to be fully vaxxed and boostered. Needless to say many didn't attend but every single person there contracted covid after attending the party. Also this virus has a 99%+ survival rate yet people are so brainwashed into thinking they're going to die from it. You'll willingly inject a poison into your body with no known long term testing? How about getting yourself healthy and letting your body work as it's designed to and fight it and other colds naturally and with holistic supplements.
Every single person? Sorry, I do not believe that unless there were only a handful of people there.

"Letting your body work as it's designed to" will not 100% prevent your getting infected and very sick. There is no way to know whether you will be the 1 in 100 who dies or not.

Old 09-11-2023, 07:09 PM

17,748 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Yes, but the problem is that it is now May 12 and the gov't is no longer paying for covid treatment.

It's disgraceful. Nothing is different from a year ago.
Quote:
If I had gotten sick and needed covid treatment prior to May 12, my cost would have been zero.

Now, if I get sick and need covid treatment, my regular health plan applies. I have Blue Cross and the deductible is $7,500.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
So...why should Covid be subsidized now, over other illnesses, if you have private insurance? Tough to justify if one looks at numbers and transmission rates.
Quote:
The numbers mean nothing now.
Quote:
The reality is that an arbitrary date was chosen, there was a concerted effort to make sure it appeared to be the right decision, and covid fatigue has most people willing to accept it without questioning it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
The trend is the friend, when it comes to the wastewater sampling, not a particular day's data points. This data is bolstered by many other statistics such as inpatient admissions for Covid in our area, which are at an all-time low.

Believe me, I'm not one of those skeptics...I'm still masking most everywhere in public...but I acknowledge that we can't stay at the "emergency" level indefinitely. If nothing else, it will drive utter complacency the next time an emergency is warranted.
^ Convo from May.

It's crystal clear that we should have stayed at the emergency level.

Old 09-11-2023, 07:19 PM

Quote:
^ Convo from May.

It's crystal clear that we should have stayed at the emergency level.
I'm not sure how that proves anything? Are people somehow not seeking treatment for Covid because the subsidies are gone? As far as I know most insurance companies are planning to cover the new boosters too.

Old 09-12-2023, 08:10 AM

10,025 posts, read 15,675,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
How old is your daughter? I thought they were only giving that to older or at risk patients?
She's 28. She was told it was an "experimental drug" and it would be better for her if she could just tough it out. This is her 3rd time having Covid and this is the worst experience so far because of the headaches.

My husband was given Paxlovid last October and he was better the next day. Her older sister was given it 2-3 weeks ago.

Old 09-12-2023, 12:52 PM

Quote:
She's 28. She was told it was an "experimental drug" and it would be better for her if she could just tough it out. This is her 3rd time having Covid and this is the worst experience so far because of the headaches.

My husband was given Paxlovid last October and he was better the next day. Her older sister was given it 2-3 weeks ago.
Hmm...my 80-yr-old mom asked about Paxlovid last year when she got Covid, and the NP refused to prescribe it. I was worried because of her age, but she turned out OK without it. Glad to know it does work for some people.

Old 09-12-2023, 01:49 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
link to the actual study in the video?
I can't find the study the video should have linked the study..

however, I have this video and a link to studies.

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr...6207.pub5/full

video on how masks are ineffective..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ1n_woWVkQ

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr...6207.pub6/full

Hand washing is effective. behaviours are very different from people who mask that don't. for instance people who mask might stay home more versus people who do not wear a mask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts