Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2022, 01:02 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,103,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
I'm headed back to the free state of South Carolina tomorrow, where masks are a distant memory.
When it comes to Covid, I'll take the measured rationale of MA over the "free dumb" of SC (or FL) any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 01:04 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
While many have certainly adapted to a new reality or "normal", I have a hard time saying "back to living" when as of 3 days ago there were 6,299,821 dead from this pandemic. And that 6,299,821 is not just a number. That is our families, neighbors, coworkers, etc.. I suggest using better choice words.
Nah...the deniers are still denying. 2 years later.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:29 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,405,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
Pfizer vaccine effectiveness, including against hospitalization, drops very quickly for kids 5-11. Possibly dose too low.
Good thing Covid isn't a significant threat to kids that age. Did anyone think the dosage was well considered? An 11.5 year old weighing 80 pounds gets 1/3 the dose of a 65 pound 12 year old? Yeah, that didn't make sense at the time either. Our pediatrician really couldn't give a good answer other than get them vexed (which we did).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
While you're getting mad, the rest of the world's getting back to living.
The Covid enthusiasts are going to need therapy. I'm sure many of them are elsewhere opining about Ukraine. I have the clown quoted on your post on ignore and the world is much better here. Moving forward in an informed way is all you can do. We have mourned for 2 years, and will always remember the past. Sane people are committed to moving on in a reasonable way, but people like RedPlum are part of the problem. The price we made children is unforgivable and the shame of generation or adults. Yes, things are no different than 2 weeks ago, and they should haven't been masked in school then either! Perhaps the timing (of this and much else) conveniently coincides with out leader's SOTU address. Take up that up with him, not our kids.

Old 03-01-2022, 07:19 AM

432 posts, read 415,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Tough times for the Covid enthusiasts. Many have already deftly pivoted into foreign policy experts though.
This guy ran reports on disinfo hashtags on Twitter. Now that Russian bots and troll farms have limited access there has not been tweets with #myocarditis, #endthemandates, #freedomconvoy, etc .

Old 03-01-2022, 08:43 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,416,130 times
Quote:
The Covid enthusiasts are going to need therapy.

Actually we're frequently hearing that mental health problems are worse everywhere. It's yet another indirect result of the pandemic.

Old 03-01-2022, 09:31 AM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
The Covid enthusiasts are going to need therapy. I'm sure many of them are elsewhere opining about Ukraine. I have the clown quoted on your post on ignore and the world is much better here. Moving forward in an informed way is all you can do. We have mourned for 2 years, and will always remember the past. Sane people are committed to moving on in a reasonable way, but people like RedPlum are part of the problem. The price we made children is unforgivable and the shame of generation or adults. Yes, things are no different than 2 weeks ago, and they should haven't been masked in school then either! Perhaps the timing (of this and much else) conveniently coincides with out leader's SOTU address. Take up that up with him, not our kids.

I'm confused. Every study I seen, demonstrates the harm inflicted from closing schools, as well as the effectiveness of masks in reducing transmission within the schools and keeping kids there in class. You seem to think that cloth face masks are a greater abuse than preventable absences and ongoing rolling quarantines?

Old 03-01-2022, 10:08 AM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
My kids school had a meeting yesterday at 1pm about whether masks should be worn on the bus. The decision was they can be optional. When the bus dropped my kids off I noticed the old man driver wasn’t wearing his mask. I saw his face for the first time. I’m guessing he couldn’t wait to take it off. It’s hard to know others opinion on masks because many bus drivers wanted the masks to be protected. I guess he is over it.

Old 03-01-2022, 10:14 AM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
My kids school had a meeting yesterday at 1pm about whether masks should be worn on the bus. The decision was they can be optional. When the bus dropped my kids off I noticed the old man driver wasn’t wearing his mask. I saw his face for the first time. I’m guessing he couldn’t wait to take it off. It’s hard to know others opinion on masks because many bus drivers wanted the masks to be protected. I guess he is over it.

He probably felt that since the kids weren't wearing them, why should he bother? That's how a lot of people feel (understandably).

Old 03-01-2022, 10:16 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,405,307 times
Quote:
You seem to think that cloth face masks are a greater abuse than preventable absences and ongoing rolling quarantines?
I know you are confused (as are a great many people in this state). Masks worn below the nose, on the chin, soaking wet, dirty, etc. do absolutely nothing to reduce the spread of Covid. This describes 90%+ of masks worn by children in school. Are any children wearing fitted N95 masks in school? No... By all means though, keep the theater going at the expense of severe academic and social developmental delays, particularly to the populations most at risk. Using children as pawns to please teachers unions and the pajama class is over.

Our kids bus driver had actual tears in her eye yesterday, as she had never seen their faces and vice versa. It's beautiful to see people start to connect again.

Old 03-01-2022, 10:20 AM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
Default re

Quote:
He probably felt that since the kids weren't wearing them, why should he bother? That's how a lot of people feel (understandably).
My mom doesnt feel that way. She keeps hers on anywhere in public regardless of who has one on or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts