Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2023, 10:35 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Got some proof of that sir? Even the most crackpot of the conspiracy theorists were never able to demonstrate such.
That's what I always wondered.

Create fear and panic over what? Given that Covid is essentially all but forgotten at this point, what was the end game? What final result did the authorities use covid to take advantage of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2023, 11:33 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,538,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
That's what I always wondered.

Create fear and panic over what? Given that Covid is essentially all but forgotten at this point, what was the end game? What final result did the authorities use covid to take advantage of?
They conditioned people to give up bodily autonomy with masks and vaccine mandates. People in general did not revolt when they said jump people said how high?

They set a precedent to pick and choose what businesses stayed open and which ones closed favoring big box stores over mom and pop businesses. They had much more control over the economy. They used the term new normal in April of 2020 how did they know so early it was going to be a new normal? They basically violated the constitution and people's rights and conditioned children who don't know any better.

The world health organization has a treaty with the United States and other countries that will dictate what those countries will do in the event of anything they deem a health crisis thus getting rid of countries sovereignty.

Now that COVID is over they can claim the rights they took away was worth it and can use it for any other disease or even climate change.

Old 05-10-2023, 12:19 PM

16,291 posts, read 8,126,207 times
In the beginning of the pandemic I think people had a right to be scared. No one knew what the virus was capable of and it did kill older and immunocompromised people. As time went on though people started to realize that for most it was like a cold or a flu. Even today I still see people wearing masks in many different places (and outdoors) so I guess some people really don't want to get this. To me it doesn't seem much different than a cold or flu. I don't want to get any of those things. I think people should be allowed to have their own opinions about the virus at this point and not be mad at others about it.

Old 05-10-2023, 12:46 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
In the beginning of the pandemic I think people had a right to be scared. No one knew what the virus was capable of and it did kill older and immunocompromised people. As time went on though people started to realize that for most it was like a cold or a flu. Even today I still see people wearing masks in many different places (and outdoors) so I guess some people really don't want to get this. To me it doesn't seem much different than a cold or flu. I don't want to get any of those things. I think people should be allowed to have their own opinions about the virus at this point and not be mad at others about it.
^I think for many, it is just that at this point. I share this sentiment.

Old 05-10-2023, 01:03 PM

16,291 posts, read 8,126,207 times
I for one am glad that for most people it's just a cold/flu. I am sorry for the folks who are more affected but they likely were going to have issues with all the other illnesses out there as well. I

Old 05-10-2023, 01:32 PM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times
It doesn't bother me if people choose to wear a mask still in stores or offices. What gives me a chuckle is when I see someone wearing one outside in the fresh air! (unless of course it's because they don't want to breathe in pollen right now) but otherwise it seems pretty silly.

Old 05-10-2023, 02:12 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
It doesn't bother me if people choose to wear a mask still in stores or offices. What gives me a chuckle is when I see someone wearing one outside in the fresh air! (unless of course it's because they don't want to breathe in pollen right now) but otherwise it seems pretty silly.
It is funny how things have kind of turned on their head. Now people wearing masks are viewed as the odd people vs. a year or more ago people not wearing them were looked down at by many in MA.

Couldn't agree with you more. I don't care if people want to wear masks but wearing them outdoors makes NO sense. Even early on in the pandemic the medical community came to the conclusion that it was highly unlikely to contract COVID while outside.

My absolute favorite is when I drive by someone in a car wearing a mask and they're by themselves!

Old 05-10-2023, 02:23 PM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
It is funny how things have kind of turned on their head. Now people wearing masks are viewed as the odd people vs. a year or more ago people not wearing them were looked down at by many in MA.

Couldn't agree with you more. I don't care if people want to wear masks but wearing them outdoors makes NO sense. Even early on in the pandemic the medical community came to the conclusion that it was highly unlikely to contract COVID while outside.

My absolute favorite is when I drive by someone in a car wearing a mask and they're by themselves!
Well I can see one reason why someone might wear one in the car by themselves....if they're hopping back in to drive to the other side of the shopping plaza or just down the street to another store maybe they don't want to have to re-mask only a min or two later.

Old 05-10-2023, 03:38 PM

913 posts, read 559,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I am sorry for the folks who are more affected but they likely were going to have issues with all the other illnesses out there as well. I
Unfortunately, that's a feeling, but not a fact.

Old 05-10-2023, 03:39 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
They conditioned people to give up bodily autonomy with masks and vaccine mandates. People in general did not revolt when they said jump people said how high?

They set a precedent to pick and choose what businesses stayed open and which ones closed favoring big box stores over mom and pop businesses. They had much more control over the economy. They used the term new normal in April of 2020 how did they know so early it was going to be a new normal? They basically violated the constitution and people's rights and conditioned children who don't know any better.

The world health organization has a treaty with the United States and other countries that will dictate what those countries will do in the event of anything they deem a health crisis thus getting rid of countries sovereignty.

Now that COVID is over they can claim the rights they took away was worth it and can use it for any other disease or even climate change.
With the exception of the bolded I strongly agree with you. Vaccines are mandated for many diseases such as polio, diphtheria, typhoid, tetanus, measles, mumps and rubella. Until smallpox was declared eradicated it was mandated for smallpox. By and large, except possible for the MMR vaccine, those mandates are a good thing. Vaccine mandates need to be largely universal to have the desired effect. Otherwise I agree that the Covid strategy was overly restrictive and a fiasco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts