Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2023, 01:33 PM

12,873 posts, read 22,040,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Your recollection. Mr Dee's also. In context, it was far from accurate.
What was wrong with either of our "recollections?" "people were receiving the vaccine" is 100% factually accurate, period. No matter how you want to spin it or "interpret the context," the statement is true.

Quote:
Most people weren't eligible to get vaccinated until mid-April. People on here were devising schemes to get around the eligibility requirements. Again, one member was willing to pay $1000.
Who cares? Again, nobody in any of the recent posts has said they were. I'm fully aware not everyone was eligible in March of 2021 and that most Americans hadn't yet received it. That wasn't the point anyone was making. You're fighting ghosts.

Quote:
March of 2021 was not "a good point to start looking at changing gears in how restrictions were handled". Too many unknowns, hardly anyone was "fully vaccinated", and it wasn't even clear if the vaccines were effective.

And in hindsight, it would have been an absolutely horrible time...with the Delta variant around the corner. During an approximate one month span in Spring of 2021, it took out over 4 million people in India.
It was a perfectly fine time to start having those discussions considering the increased momentum on vaccine distribution and decreases in the other COVID metrics as well as the increased availability of effective PPE (kn95 masks, etc.). You seem to be hung up on the "not everyone was fully vaccinated" piece of it and I'm not sure why. Discussing the rollback of certain restrictions is not the same as rolling them back immediately effective that same day. The rollbacks could have been contingent on whether or not anyone who wanted the vaccine had received one as well as hospitalization/death numbers. This is almost exactly what happened nearly a year later around February of 2022.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2023, 01:40 PM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
Default re

Quote:
msRB, recently you said something about people in nursing homes go there to die. Well yeah, but...of natural causes, not covid.
But there's been plenty of cases where those old people died in nursing homes of other illnesses. There seems to be such outrage when someone in a nursing home dies of covid, like omg that was preventable but no one says much if it pneumonia or the flu

Old 05-11-2023, 01:59 PM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
What was wrong with either of our "recollections?" "people were receiving the vaccine" is 100% factually accurate, period. No matter how you want to spin it or "interpret the context," the statement is true.
No spin whatsoever on my part. Your recollection of March 2021 is absurdly off. Same with Mr Dee.

Quote:
Who cares? Again, nobody in any of the recent posts has said they were. I'm fully aware not everyone was eligible in March of 2021 and that most Americans hadn't yet received it. That wasn't the point anyone was making. You're fighting ghosts.
I'm not fighting anyone or anything. I'm simply pointing out the reality of March 2021. I will again encourage you to go back several hundred pages in this thread to get a better feel for not only what was going on but also the mindset at the time.

Quote:
It was a perfectly fine time to start having those discussions considering the increased momentum on vaccine distribution and decreases in the other COVID metrics as well as the increased availability of effective PPE (kn95 masks, etc.). You seem to be hung up on the "not everyone was fully vaccinated" piece of it and I'm not sure why.
No, I'm not hung up on ""not everyone was fully vaccinated". I am stating a fact that barely anyone was "fully vaccinated" in March of 2021.

Quote:
Discussing the rollback of certain restrictions is not the same as rolling them back immediately effective that same day. The rollbacks could have been contingent on whether or not anyone who wanted the vaccine had received one as well as hospitalization/death numbers. This is almost exactly what happened nearly a year later around February of 2022.
February of 2022 was a very different time.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:14 PM

12,873 posts, read 22,040,579 times
Quote:
No spin whatsoever on my part. Your recollection of March 2021 is absurdly off. Same with Mr Dee.

I'm not fighting anyone or anything. I'm simply pointing out the reality of March 2021. I will again encourage you to go back several hundred pages in this thread to get a better feel for not only what was going on but also the mindset at the time.

No, I'm not hung up on ""not everyone was fully vaccinated". I am stating a fact that barely anyone was "fully vaccinated" in March of 2021.

February of 2022 was a very different time.
Feel free to specifically point out what was "absurdly off" rather than deflect with vague and unsupported statements like the one above. I literally posted data from March of 2021. That was reality.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:20 PM

Quote:
msRB, recently you said something about people in nursing homes go there to die. Well yeah, but...of natural causes, not covid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
But there's been plenty of cases where those old people died in nursing homes of other illnesses. There seems to be such outrage when someone in a nursing home dies of covid, like omg that was preventable but no one says much if it pneumonia or the flu
You may not hear much about it, but I can assure you there's plenty of outrage from family members when someone dies after contracting the flu at a healthcare facility. Lawsuits too.

That said, you're right that covid is seen as worse.

I take issue with "oh well, they were gonna die anyway". Everybody dies at some point, but someone who is old or has health issues may have otherwise lived many more years.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:35 PM

Unfortunately yes, we are all going to die lol. If someone is placed in a nursing home in their 80's there is a reason for that. They are there to be kept as healthy as possible but illnesses do run through nursing homes.

I'd prefer to have my parents live with me than go to a nursing home. I get that some people need special care, but most don't. Most have just become a 'burden' and can't live alone. I'd be ok with helping my parents out in my house. I sometimes wonder why people choose a nursing home for their parents? It seems like they just dont want to deal with them.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Feel free to specifically point out what was "absurdly off" rather than deflect with vague and unsupported statements like the one above. I literally posted data from March of 2021. That was reality.
You're the one spinning stuff with your 100 million shots article. That was first shot for nearly all of them. There was tons of uncertainty at the time. And yet you continue to insist that it was "a good point to start looking at changing gears in how restrictions were handled". That's like warming up your closer in the 3rd inning.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:53 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,882,121 times
Lots of Hypochondria occurring with middle and older people ,being edged along with constant updates nearly 24?7 by local TV . TV looking for a ratings bump .
Still see some folks with the non effective blue masks driving their cars , must be for the pollen in the air ,cant be for Covid-19 ... The Blue mask stopping covid is like stopping the wind with a wire fence.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:58 PM

Default re

Quote:
You may not hear much about it, but I can assure you there's plenty of outrage from family members when someone dies after contracting the flu at a healthcare facility. Lawsuits too.

That said, you're right that covid is seen as worse.

I take issue with "oh well, they were gonna die anyway". Everybody dies at some point, but someone who is old or has health issues may have otherwise lived many more years.
yes, i know someone who works closely with the CDC and many of the people who did die of covid in nursing homes may have gone on to live another 10 years (so it has been studied). My question is who wants to be in a nursing home that long? and who really knows if that would have been the outcome? It was a global pandemic, people died. It's sad, but people die everyday. I dont want to make light of death but it happens.

Old 05-11-2023, 03:03 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
It's not a lazy argument they wanted us to follow the rules but they themselves did not like the California governor going out to eat. It was Nancy pelocy getting her hair done without a mask. The hypocrisy and motive was obvious.
His kids were in a private school that didn't wear masks. He also got busted at an NFL game partying in a club house without one too. Like the same day one of his stupid mask mandate speeches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts