Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2023, 09:02 AM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Do you seriously think that a blue piece of paper would have kept your mother alive? I am not making light of her death, but far more likely, the insertion of Covid+ people into the home, as was done in New York and Pennsylvania caused the carnage in the nursing homes.
Yeah you are. You're being incredibly insensitive and disrespectful. And all because you're so desperate to discuss politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2023, 09:25 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Do you seriously think that a blue piece of paper would have kept your mother alive? I am not making light of her death, but far more likely, the insertion of Covid+ people into the home, as was done in New York and Pennsylvania caused the carnage in the nursing homes.
The data on N95 masks is irrefutable. You are freaking deplorable.

Old 05-09-2023, 09:52 AM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
I've realized that when it comes to death and people dying people often don't care that much unless it's someone they know who is affected.

I think we've realized that nursing homes perhaps aren't the safest places to put our loved ones. I mean people generally go to a nursing home to live out the last years of their life...not to sound cold but they are going to die there.

Old 05-09-2023, 09:53 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
If it was truly paper or cloth, you (maybe) would have a point. But surgical 3-layer (blue) masks have been in use for decades by surgeons / nurses / EMS...so yes, THEY WORK.

Old 05-09-2023, 10:03 AM

23,577 posts, read 18,730,403 times
Quote:
I am not making light of her death, but far more likely, the insertion of Covid+ people into the home, as was done in New York and Pennsylvania caused the carnage in the nursing homes.
Those incidents that happened three years ago in New York and Pennsylvania have absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

Old 05-09-2023, 03:23 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I've realized that when it comes to death and people dying people often don't care that much unless it's someone they know who is affected.

I think we've realized that nursing homes perhaps aren't the safest places to put our loved ones. I mean people generally go to a nursing home to live out the last years of their life...not to sound cold but they are going to die there.
During COVID loved ones could not see their parents or grandparents who were going to die soon anyway. If that does not put up red flags I don't know what would. Their loved ones died alone. COVID rules were more important than life itself. They dictated you have no right even to see a dying loved one.human rights were violated in many aspects of life. You are going to do as your told.

Graduations and funerals were cancelled. Children could not go to school and felt isolated and some hung themselves.

Old 05-09-2023, 03:32 PM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
During COVID loved ones could not see their parents or grandparents who were going to die soon anyway. If that does not put up red flags I don't know what would. Their loved ones died alone. COVID rules were more important than life itself. They dictated you have no right even to see a dying loved one.human rights were violated in many aspects of life. You are going to do as your told.

Graduations and funerals were cancelled. Children could not go to school and felt isolated and some hung themselves.
It was pretty crazy. I know of someone who was 78 and got cancer and his family could not visit him in the hospital. He died there..basically alone.

Other people having babies couldnt have people come visit, some couldn't have husbands/partners/parents in the room with them.

Old 05-09-2023, 03:33 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Yeah you are. You're being incredibly insensitive and disrespectful. And all because you're so desperate to discuss politics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
The data on N95 masks is irrefutable. You are freaking deplorable.
To the two above posts I did not call anyone names. A good part of human communications is facial expressions. You cannot "zombify" society over a disease that, while existing and sometimes grave, is usually not serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post

At least you get it. I had an uncle who used to live in Lexington. He had very few friends, mostly because he had a penchant for telling others what they had to do.

Covid gave these types of people their golden opportunity which they have now lost. It's like taking candy from a baby.

Old 05-09-2023, 03:36 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
It was pretty crazy. I know of someone who was 78 and got cancer and his family could not visit him in the hospital. He died there..basically alone.

Other people having babies couldnt have people come visit, some couldn't have husbands/partners/parents in the room with them.
At last some of the people with common sense have woken up and are posting.

Old 05-09-2023, 04:22 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
To the two above posts I did not call anyone names. A good part of human communications is facial expressions. You cannot "zombify" society over a disease that, while existing and sometimes grave, is usually not serious.

At least you get it. I had an uncle who used to live in Lexington. He had very few friends, mostly because he had a penchant for telling others what they had to do.

Covid gave these types of people their golden opportunity which they have now lost. It's like taking candy from a baby.
They will use another disease in the future to put in authoritarian rules again. It might be in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts