Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2021, 07:53 AM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times

Advertisements

Wow, i'm kind of surprised they're allowing full capacity in 2021.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 08:13 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,035,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
This vaccine passport thing is catching on. This'll be very interesting, because the demographic that dominates in-person NFL attendance, especially in Buffalo, is likely heavy on the "not gonna take no stinkin' vaccine" side of the ledger. Opens the floodgates IMO and wouldn't be surprised to see Gillette come out with a similar policy.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-allow...193201427.html
I guess, but many of those "not gonna take no stinkin vaccine" folks are the same people who are "boycotting" the NFL because of the stance the league is taking on social justice issues. So I'm not sure how many will this will actually deter. Given the cost of tickets in New England and the general attitude towards the vaccine here, I imagine it would be an easier sell at Foxboro than many stadiums around the league.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:17 AM

6,132 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I guess, but many of those "not gonna take no stinkin vaccine" folks are the same people who are "boycotting" the NFL because of the stance the league is taking on social justice issues. So I'm not sure how many will this will actually deter. Given the cost of tickets in New England and the general attitude towards the vaccine here, I imagine it would be an easier sell at Foxboro than many stadiums around the league.
I don't think you know Bills fans very well . They're not going to boycott their team, I guarantee you.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:24 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,513,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post

A lot of the vaccine holdout folks I know are far from that stereotype. It's less of "I ain't ever taking it" and more like "I'll get it, but i'd like to wait for more data to be reviewed and perhaps wait until full FDA approval first"

And I say this because I actually ended up cancelling my appt (before J&J news) and want to wait just a little bit longer.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:29 AM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
I'll be honest...I'm feeling lazy about getting vaccine. Making the appt, figuring out where to go, then making an appt for the next one. Ugh. Not to mention i'm behind on other dr appts and the dentist.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:29 AM

6,132 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
A lot of the vaccine holdout folks I know are far from that stereotype. It's less of "I ain't ever taking it" and more like "I'll get it, but i'd like to wait for more data to be reviewed and perhaps wait until full FDA approval first"

And I say this because I actually ended up cancelling my appt (before J&J news) and want to wait just a little bit longer.
I'm guessing this is because you are in a highly educated demographic. That is not how middle America thinks...partly from my personal experience as a native Midwesterner, partly from survey results that I've seen. Easy for us here in New England to lose sight of that.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:36 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,513,219 times
Quote:
I'm guessing this is because you are in a highly educated demographic. That is not how middle America thinks...partly from my personal experience as a native Midwesterner, partly from survey results that I've seen. Easy for us here in New England to lose sight of that.

Fair point. I agree with your assessment. I was thinking purely local when I made that comment as this is the MA subforum.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:51 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,035,348 times
Quote:
I don't think you know Bills fans very well . They're not going to boycott their team, I guarantee you.
No, I agree completely which is what I was (poorly) trying to say. Like the social justice stance, I don't really think the vaccine requirement is going to prevent the Bills (or most teams) from drawing fans. My girlfriend went to college in upstate NY, most of her friends (many of whom are now in the Boston area) are Bills fans and they're nuts. But I love it - we even went with a few to Bleacher Bar (which is a Bills bar during the football season) to watch that horrible playoff game against the Jags a few years back. Seeing tears streaming down painted faces is not fun to watch.

Quote:

Yep, this is what it mostly was at work. It was unfortunate because as people came around a bit, we ran out of first doses, so they had to wait longer to get appointments elsewhere.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:52 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,139,335 times
Quote:

I was never convinced of the J&J given it's efficacy compared to the competitive mRNA efficacy. IMO, it's value was in addressing rural and at-risk communities (e.g., homeless). Given MA infrastructure, I don't see a valid reason to pursue the J&J over the available mRNA options for the general public.

I got my first round of Moderna at Gillette last week. Risk is, in theory, incredibly low and protection incredibly high. Given my existing asthma and the data regarding clotting due to Covid-19, I decided the risk profile of the vaccine was highly preferable. The triggered immune response at it's peak was quite robust, but tolerable with some adequate rest. If a microchip was implanted, it's hasn't changed my political ideology or improved my 5g connection.

Old 04-14-2021, 09:00 AM

1,362 posts, read 874,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
I was never convinced of the J&J given it's efficacy compared to the competitive mRNA efficacy. IMO, it's value was in addressing rural and at-risk communities (e.g., homeless). Given MA infrastructure, I don't see a valid reason to pursue the J&J over the available mRNA options for the general public.

I got my first round of Moderna at Gillette last week. Risk is, in theory, incredibly low and protection incredibly high. Given my existing asthma and the data regarding clotting due to Covid-19, I decided the risk profile of the vaccine was highly preferable. The triggered immune response at it's peak was quite robust, but tolerable with some adequate rest. If a microchip was implanted, it's hasn't changed my political ideology or improved my 5g connection.
The 5g upgrade isn't noticeable until the second dose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts