Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2021, 01:31 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,650,035 times

Advertisements

Everyone, just listen to the experts, they have been accurate the entire time. Go take this experimental vaccine, it doesn't stop you from getting the virus or from transmitting it, but you aren't patriotic if you don't inject something into your body you can never undo. What are you waiting for.

If you don't take it you will most likely die. Do not pay attention to natural immunity or the fact anyone healthy survives, please freak out with a virus and a test that has nothing to do with covid. Let the experts tell you why your masks will save you and their social distancing will keep you safe. It has worked incredible for the last year, as you can see states and countries that didn't obey have substantially higher death tolls that those that locked down. If anything, if someone gets sick, lock down again and wear 2 or 3 masks. They all work, we know that, cause they said trust the science. What are we doing, the problem is those that aren't following our guidelines. Lets make them wear a yellow star, cause they just won't obey. They are causing cases and we know we can now control a virus. They just won't listen.

We haven't tried the same thing over and over again and got different results, let us just react and blame others for our failures. It makes a lot more logic sense. Join with me on this propaganda machine. Do not listen to others, they are all wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2021, 03:05 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
That pretty much happened. Like I said, it's #1 right now in MA.

South Coast is second worst, worst is Springfield although perhaps some got shots in CT.
It’s the usual “Massachusetts ends at 495” problem. In January/February, there were no mass injection sites on the South Coast. In my town, the High School was briefly doing vaccinations and the state shut it down. A month later, the state finally got a large vaccination site going in an abandoned big box store next to Mall Hell. One of my geezer neighbors landed in the ICU during that mess. They’d been trying to get vaccinated for 6 weeks. We were spending an hour a day trying to help on the internet. Nope. What a mess.

Old 04-18-2021, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
That’s great, but 47% of white GOP affiliated suggest they either ‘probably won’t’ or ‘definitely won’t’ get a Covid-19 vaccine.

We (society) need to figure out how to remove this hesitancy.
It’s pretty simple. You vaccine passport everything. Restaurants. Sporting events. Interstate travel quarantines. Office buildings. Schools. Health insurance surcharges. Stimulus checks. You can opt out but it has repercussions.

Old 04-18-2021, 07:07 AM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
That pretty much happened. Like I said, it's #1 right now in MA.

South Coast is second worst, worst is Springfield although perhaps some got shots in CT.
Uh the Springfield area has it pretty much under control. Cases are up everywhere, even the remote Berkshires. CT and MA are doing way better than other states

Old 04-18-2021, 07:20 AM

2,352 posts, read 1,779,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Uh the Springfield area has it pretty much under control. Cases are up everywhere, even the remote Berkshires. CT and MA are doing way better than other states
Talking about vaccine adoption and not number of cases.

Old 04-18-2021, 07:45 AM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Well given how much was closed or put online people got used to it. The academic debate was ugly, especially in Amherst but delivery services were already established.

Old 04-18-2021, 09:09 AM

12,427 posts, read 9,519,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
Everyone, just listen to the experts, they have been accurate the entire time. Go take this experimental vaccine, it doesn't stop you from getting the virus or from transmitting it, but you aren't patriotic if you don't inject something into your body you can never undo. What are you waiting for.

If you don't take it you will most likely die. Do not pay attention to natural immunity or the fact anyone healthy survives, please freak out with a virus and a test that has nothing to do with covid. Let the experts tell you why your masks will save you and their social distancing will keep you safe. It has worked incredible for the last year, as you can see states and countries that didn't obey have substantially higher death tolls that those that locked down. If anything, if someone gets sick, lock down again and wear 2 or 3 masks. They all work, we know that, cause they said trust the science. What are we doing, the problem is those that aren't following our guidelines. Lets make them wear a yellow star, cause they just won't obey. They are causing cases and we know we can now control a virus. They just won't listen.

We haven't tried the same thing over and over again and got different results, let us just react and blame others for our failures. It makes a lot more logic sense. Join with me on this propaganda machine. Do not listen to others, they are all wrong.
That's not at all an accurate way of describing what's going on. 580,000 Americans have already died from Covid-19. Deaths from vaccines - after nearly 200 million doses administered, have been less than 100 people. So if you have less than a 1-in-1,000,000 chance of dying from the vaccine, but you have greater than a 1-in-1,000 chance of dying from Covid-19, you're telling me the smart move is to take your chances with the pandemic and avoid the vaccine??? Moreover, those who refuse to get vaccinated, endanger not only themselves, they endanger their family, neighbors, co-workers, clients, etc.

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 04-18-2021 at 09:22 AM..

Old 04-18-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
That's not at all an accurate way of describing what's going on. 580,000 Americans have already died from Covid-19. Deaths from vaccines - after nearly 200 million doses administered, have been less than 100 people. So if you have less than a 1-in-1,000,000 chance of dying from the vaccine, but you have greater than a 1-in-1,000 chance of dying from Covid-19, you're telling me the smart move is to take your chances with the pandemic and avoid the vaccine??? Moreover, those who refuse to get vaccinated, endanger not only themselves, they endanger their family, neighbors, co-workers, clients, etc.
You can’t reason with someone incapable of critical thought and who only cares that they don’t want someone smarter and better informed telling them what to do. We have 40% of the country we’re empowering to do a “Watch this. Hold my beer.” The public health impact on the rest of us is going to be pretty ugly. That ripples into economic impact.

Old 04-18-2021, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Really, 580,000. Interesting with the flu and any other virus we start fresh the next year, but this one we keep the numbers going. Shouldn't we have restarted the numbers. Even so if you believe the numbers 2020 was around 375,000 out of a population of about 330 million. Still a tiny percentage. And the average age of death of covid people was the same as the average age of death in United States in any given year. So if it was so incredibly deadly, why did the median death age not change.

Also interesting we didn't count flu or any virus deaths under the same microscope as this virus. We used completely different metrics. Actually VEARs which has been admitted to be under reported shows over 3,000 deaths from the vaccine already. Many from people who are healthy and would not have died from whatever virus is out there. For the elderly its been bad, many areas that had no covid deaths having lots after getting the vaccine. My sister-in-law deals with elderly people and has seen more deaths in the last 2 months with people getting the vaccine than in the prior 4 years doing her job.

Sure, you can say the vaccine works, but we don't know the long term impact on health and it could cause more issues that they will say are something else. I will be in the control group not taking it and letting the guinea pigs be an example. We will see where everyone lands in the near future. Or vaccinated people can do the current narrative and blame unvaccinated people for all their issues.

Old 04-18-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
It’s pretty simple. You vaccine passport everything. Restaurants. Sporting events. Interstate travel quarantines. Office buildings. Schools. Health insurance surcharges. Stimulus checks. You can opt out but it has repercussions.
Or how about I discriminate you for other reasons. I think you are out of shape, I don't let you into my restaurant cause you might have a heart attack. I don't think you will give a good tip, so I tell you to get out. If this vaccine is as incredible as the commercials say (they are telling people they are bulletproof), then why should vaccinated people be scared of those that aren't vaccinated. Maybe I should be a cop and arrest you and search your property without a warrant, just because I think you are a threat. Crap, I don't need any evidence.

Does anyone still realize this vaccine hasn't been officially approved. It is still under emergency use. So people taking it are still part of a study for long term effects, whether you like it or not.

By the way, we don't get our freedoms back cause health officials say so. We have our freedoms and should take them back. We shouldn't get them back cause I inject something into my body. Geez, talk about bribery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts