Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2021, 12:47 PM

17,700 posts, read 9,175,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
But it's not government in that case, it's private enterprise. "My" restaurant. "My" stadium. "My" airline. "I" have that right to control my own destiny and set safety or other measures as I see fit, and for the well being of my staff and customers. I suppose you can make an argument for a grocery store in a small town that's the only one for miles, don't want to end up in a situation where essential goods/services are denied.

There will likely be new discrimination laws to not allow what you're suggesting.

And there isn't even a vaccine for kids. So kids can't go anywhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2021, 12:56 PM

12,396 posts, read 9,502,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
And besides death, there is the risk of Long Covid which can greatly affect people who even had a mild initial case. My brother (who had a severe case) is now disabled.
Sorry to hear that. I don't want any part of a Covid-19 infection - not worth rolling the dice. I hope your brother is still able to make a full recovery later. Have you seen these reports that something like 40% of long-haulers seem to improve by getting vaccinated?

Old 04-18-2021, 01:10 PM

23,540 posts, read 18,687,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
There will likely be new discrimination laws to not allow what you're suggesting.

Will there???

Quote:
And there isn't even a vaccine for kids. So kids can't go anywhere?
I can't see this type of stuff happening before the vaccine has its chance to make its way around (for it to be even feasible). If I were to guess, it will be emergency approved for kids by this summer. I can imagine airlines making exceptions for kids in the same manner as they do for ID requirements. Bars, concert venues...obviously they won't be a factor.

Old 04-18-2021, 02:07 PM

15,794 posts, read 20,487,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Now, you're not fully understanding what adverse events are. Adverse events are any negative health events that occur after a treatment. There is no judgement required at this stage that the event be caused by the treatment - in fact, it's specifically required that people in the field *not* try to make such calls, they should just report *anything* that is remotely unusual - that's the most conservative way to do the reporting, and that's just standard pharmacovigilance requirements. The 3,000 deaths that have been reported under VAERS are not therefore, 3,000 deaths due to the vaccine. The vaccine makers and the FDA follow up on adverse event reporting to try to determine (a) if there is any increased incidence of the event in people receiving the treatment vs the general population and (b) does there appear to be a plausible causal link. My understanding is that the judgement has been that there have been few, if any of these VAERS deaths for Covid-19 vaccines that are believed to be excess deaths, due to the vaccines.

You mean you can’t have it both ways?

A cardiac event in a healthy individual who caught covid shouldn’t be considered a covid death? But a 99-year old on their last legs with multiplie comorbidities who dies 15 days after the 2nd vaccine shot is 100% a vaccine death.

Funny how the deniers are quick to not say it was a covid death, but eager to run up the vaccine deaths. Amazing.

Old 04-18-2021, 02:57 PM

943 posts, read 409,843 times
The expected years of life lost due to covid will be substantial - a heart attack, or permanent lung damage in a 40 year old, someone who has to go on dialysis at 50, another 35 year old who develops diabetes (even if that same person would have developed diabetes 10-15 years down the line, the additional 10 years of vascular damage may well affect life expectancy, and of course quality of life), ... may in some ways much more than what we have been measuring in terms of nursing home deaths, or deaths of the very elderly for instance. Vaccine damage compared to this will be vanishingly small.

Old 04-18-2021, 03:29 PM

17,700 posts, read 9,175,662 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Will there???

The vaccinated-only college campuses have to (legally?) allow exceptions for medical and religious reasons. It unfortunately defeats the purpose. And I'd guess "religious reasons" probably can't be questioned.

Old 04-18-2021, 03:35 PM

23,540 posts, read 18,687,760 times
Quote:
The vaccinated-only college campuses have to (legally?) allow exceptions for medical and religious reasons. It unfortunately defeats the purpose. And I'd guess "religious reasons" probably can't be questioned.
Haha I just had this image of a newly converted "Amish" trying to fly on a plane, or get into a bar or rock concert.

But seriously, I imagine the number doing this will be lower than expected. More will probably just suck it up and get the vaccine at the end of the day, rather than go through the extra trouble of that stuff (and I also imagine those would require proof of a negative test or something in lieu of vaccination).

Old 04-18-2021, 04:42 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Sorry to hear that. I don't want any part of a Covid-19 infection - not worth rolling the dice. I hope your brother is still able to make a full recovery later. Have you seen these reports that something like 40% of long-haulers seem to improve by getting vaccinated?
Yes, he has gotten vaccinated and is experiencing some days where the covid fog seems to lift for a bit, but it is not consistent. Hopefully he will improve over time though.

Old 04-18-2021, 06:12 PM

6,807 posts, read 6,036,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
But a 99-year old on their last legs with multiple comorbidities who dies 15 days after the 2nd vaccine shot is 100% a vaccine death.
Haven't really been following the conversation, but to my knowledge this is how pharma companies treat adverse events. Even if it probably wasn't the cause, if someone dies after recieving the vaccine it "counts". Same is true for any other treatment or vaccine.

Anyway looks like there were only 1,265 confirmed cases yesterday. Hopefully that's a good sign! *knock on wood* https://www.mass.gov/info-details/co...onse-reporting

Quote:
And I'd guess "religious reasons" probably can't be questioned.
Church of Christ Scientist is the only denomination I know of that preach against manmade medicine. As far as I know, the pope has not spoken out against the vaccines, so religious exemptions probably shouldn't apply to Catholics.

Old 04-18-2021, 06:33 PM

6,122 posts, read 5,092,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
You mean you can’t have it both ways?

A cardiac event in a healthy individual who caught covid shouldn’t be considered a covid death? But a 99-year old on their last legs with multiplie comorbidities who dies 15 days after the 2nd vaccine shot is 100% a vaccine death.

Funny how the deniers are quick to not say it was a covid death, but eager to run up the vaccine deaths. Amazing.
I don't believe there has been a single death attributed to any of the 3 approved vaccines, per the CDC.

"A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...se-events.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts